PDA

View Full Version : The Useless Discoveries Thread

square_is_the_best
08-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Ever noticed anything in this game that you didn't notice before? I don't mean a cool accesory or an item you didn't find before or a hidden chest you missed. I mean something that doesn't have anything to do with the game, in other words: useless.

I found Tobli in X! After you beat the entire game, before the final battles however, go to Luca. He's in the T-intersection. You can see him walking around and stuff acting like the real Tobli. If you talk to him, he says stuff about selling tickets and making money...can't remember exactly. The sad fact is, he looks EXACTLY like the guy who sells movie spheres in the Luca theater. But the T-intersection guy acts more like Tobli. I would put this in the X forum but Tobli is a X-2 charecter.

Have any of you found others?

DMKA
08-11-2004, 08:22 PM
That Yuna is a NAUGHTY GIRL! (WARNING: ATTACHED PIC IS BIGASS SPOILER!)

SeeDRankLou
08-11-2004, 09:01 PM
In both X and X-2, no one uses their hands to swim while playing Blitzball, but several people use their hands to swim in other places. And Rikku does this silly dolphin kick while playing Blitzball.

Carnage
08-12-2004, 01:22 AM
And how did they stay under water so freakin long

SeeDRankLou
08-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Training. At the beginning of FFX when Tidus first appears at Besaid, you follow Wakka to town. But if you talk to the other Aurochs, they will tell you about various people holding their breath. They're all like "we need a breath during halftime, but Captain Wakka can go the whole game." And "we can do three laps without taking a breath, but Captain Wakka can do ten, he's amazing." Also "they some of the great blitzers can sleep underwater. Maybe one day I'll be that good." And if you got a chance to see Another Side, Another Story, it starts with Yuna practicing hold her breath. I think she said she could go a little under three mintues.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-12-2004, 12:06 PM
My useless discovery was finding X-2!

Xander
08-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Grover, please don't reply to a thread if you're not going to say anything that's to do with it.

I discovered that Tobli thing, posted it here a while back. ^^

Annnnd, I'm sure there was stuff but I can't think of it -_-

Mo-Nercy
08-12-2004, 05:04 PM
That Yuna is a NAUGHTY GIRL! (WARNING: ATTACHED PIC IS BIGASS SPOILER!)
That's clearly not his ass.

DMKA
08-12-2004, 05:12 PM
That's clearly not his ass.
I never said it was....

You however, just did. O____________O

SeeDRankLou
08-12-2004, 08:05 PM
I never said it was....

You did title the picture "yuna_grabass" now didn't you. And Yuna's hand is the only hand in the picture close to a posterior.

TasteyPies
08-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Come on, its right on the top of his crack.

DMKA
08-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Ok, now you can see that it clearly is, looking at the entire frame. (Its still a spoiler, btw)

square_is_the_best
08-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Ummm...anyway. Leblanc is sort of using the Lady Luck dressphere. She has a heart on her chest and, when using Lady Luck, Yuna has a spade on her chest, Rikku a club, and Paine a diamond.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Grover, please don't reply to a thread if you're not going to say anything that's to do with it.

Its the pointless thread isn't it?

So my post meant something

Old Manus
08-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Ok, now you can see that it clearly is, looking at the entire frame. (Its still a spoiler, btw)

Yeah, i reckon she WAS touching his ass but moved her hand up quickly because she realized the camera was doing a "behind" shot. (no pun intended :riiight: )

Ahem...anyway, i found that Shinra's finding about the planet's energy is a reference to FFVII.

Triple T
08-13-2004, 01:00 PM
I found Trema in FFX. He's the guy at the beginning of the Zanarkand Dome(in FFX) that says something like "Let me look at your eyes." and stuff like that. :)

DMKA
08-13-2004, 02:22 PM
I noticed that when you win with Yuna as a Warrior, she has the Brotherhood sword that Wakka gave Tidus in FFX, and she does Tidus' victory motion. I also noticed that when you have Yuna as a Dark Knight she has Tidus' legendary weapon. (Caldabog, I think its called)

Old Manus
08-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Its the same with Rikku in the samurai outfit except she uses Auron's Katana and victory pose.

Also the treasure hunt garment grid's picture is a reference to the airship in FFX.

There are not many other things i can think of, apart from the fact that Yuna has obviously had plastic surgery on her face because the FFX Yuna and the FFX-2 Yuna look totally different.

And since when could Yuna SING?

DMKA
08-13-2004, 07:07 PM
And since when could Yuna SING?
Notice that when she sings its always in the songstress dressphere. Its because of the songstress dressphere, just like Rikku, Paine, and LeBlanc are all able to sing with it. Its due to the inhabiting spirit of the songstress dressphere, the spirit of Lenne, who was a glourious and famous singer 1000 years ago in Zanarkand, that they have said ability.

Of course, you'd actually have to pay attention to the story and plot of the game to know this, which so few people tend to do for some reason. Probably has something to do with that pause, select + square button thing I assume.

Old Manus
08-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh yes.

USELESS FINDING ALERT: I found something else.

When you look at Ultima Weapon's description in the bestiary, it says "whatever you do, don't call him Atma". Atma weapon from FF6 :)

Barret calls President Shinra (FF7) KING VERMIN!. In the fiend colony, the boss there is called KING VERMIN!.

DMKA
08-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Barret calls President Shinra (FF7) KING VERMIN!. In the fiend colony, the boss there is called KING VERMIN!.
Holy crud, you're right. :eek:

Did anyone notice that Paine in her Warrior outfit has that same belt-thingy that Squall has? O_O

Big D
08-16-2004, 09:17 AM
There are billions of references to other FFs in X-2.:D
The Atma joke was especially clever, when you think about how rabid some fans get about that "mistransation"; the FFVII hints were imaginative, too. Also, when Paine's in Dark Knight mode, she spins her sword above her head at the end of battle, a little like Cloud, except she uses two hands. Gun Mage Yuna's victory dance is the same as Laguna's from FFVIII... the dresspheres are full of clever, often hidden references.

DMKA
08-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Gun Mage Yuna's victory dance is the same as Laguna's from FFVIII...
Holy crud, you're right. :eek:

Old Manus
08-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Did anyone notice that Paine in her Warrior outfit has that same belt-thingy that Squall has? O_O

Holy crud, you're right.

Big D
08-17-2004, 04:46 AM
That King VERMIN! thing is really clever, but extremely obscure. The X-2 production team really knew their stuff; in spite of all the critcism for "not being a real FF", they were certainly able to hide plenty of ingenious references that only die-hards like us would notice:DIts the same with Rikku in the samurai outfit except she uses Auron's Katana and victory pose.I found this to be quite strange. I can understand Yuna having Tidus' equipment; her connection to him would feasibly make her manifest his abilities when she's drawing on the memories in the dressphere... but less obvious is why Rikku would adopt Auron's characteristics. Those two never had much interaction at all, except in a few dodgy fanfics.

DMKA
08-17-2004, 06:22 AM
That King VERMIN! thing is really clever, but extremely obscure. The X-2 production team really knew their stuff; in spite of all the critcism for "not being a real FF", they were certainly able to hide plenty of ingenious references that only die-hards like us would notice:D
Yeah, its funny, because what it actually boils down to is, "damn them for trying something different and not making another carbon copy of every game in the genre for the last decade...DAMN THEM!".