PDA

View Full Version : HOUSING

Sess020
08-11-2004, 02:09 AM
Its about time for me to start my first year of college.
My question to those of you who have allready been to college or who are in college is;

HOUSING
Is it good to sign up for dorms?
Or is it better to rent an appartment or small house?

I would just like to hear what you guys think would be better before I go off and do something ill regret later.
Thanx all

Del Murder
08-11-2004, 02:10 AM
I recommend the dorms for all first years.

-N-
08-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Dorms for the first year is good, as Del said. At most colleges, you can't get back on the dorms after the first year, so you should begin to look for apartments around then. But if you like the dorms a lot, you can stay on in subsequent years as an RA (resident assistant) or a Proctor. But yeah, definitely stay on campus the first year.

Shlup
08-11-2004, 02:42 AM
It's a bit cheaper for an apartment, in most areas, if you have a roomate or two. If it's just you then it's cheaper to live in a dorm.

I'm moving onto campus next month, though it's my fourth year of school. I refuse to stay in a dorm though. I'm moving to the on-campus apartments where I'll have my own bedroom, and have three roomates with their own rooms, and we'll share two bathrooms, a livingroom, and a kitchen. That, plus all utilities, cable TV, and cable internet is $600-something a month, but I get financial aide so it's gonna be $200 a month for me.

Eien
08-11-2004, 02:46 AM
My sister got a dorm for her first year and I believe she doing it again for this next year but yes I do recomend the dorms.