PDA

View Full Version : "Sure, I'll buy it now. No need to think it through any further."

Big D
08-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Are you a 'decisive shopper'? Do you decide what you want, then go out and get it, with no diversions and no pondering?

Or are you, like me, horribly indecisive, often fretting over minor purchases, weighing up the pros and cons, the need, the point of what you're considering?

Discuss how you shop and why.

Unknown_Soldier
08-11-2004, 10:15 AM
O_O omg, i can NEVER decide on anything! unless it is something that i absolutely need... then i dont really need to think about it. But yeah, i take forever trying to decide whether or not to buy something. and if i get into the Bath n Body store... i can't decide on which fragrance of what. >_<"! and don't get me started on the disney store! so many things i need, and can only chose one O_O or maybe none.

I pretty much think about every purchase for about 3 minutes untill i go "eh, what the hell." except when it comes to Green Goblin toys. that's one i NEVER need to think about.

Cz
08-11-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't like shopping, so I'll rarely go out unless I already know what I'm going to buy. Deciding at home is much, much easier than deciding in the store, so deciding whether to make a purchase or no is much easier this way.

When buying something expensive I might go over the pros and cons of the product more carefully, but I make sure that my mind is made up before I enter the store.

crono_logical
08-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Yes, I hate wasting time while going shopping :p

Erdrick Holmes
08-11-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm a stupid shopper, usually when I buy something I think to myself (I know I could have done better then this.)

Mo-Nercy
08-11-2004, 12:02 PM
I actually have shopping rules. When I buy clothes, I have to buy a pair of jeans and matching top. Can't buy one without the other. My mother finds it quite annoying but I'm anal about it. I usually don't plan what it is exactly I'm going to buy but I usually know what I want as I walk past it and I justify my reasons for the purchase in about half a second in my head. (eg. "Man, 2 Fast 2 Furious sure was a cool movie..hey look Need For Speed: Underground! *buys*)

TasteyPies
08-11-2004, 01:30 PM
It depends what im buying. I can take an hour picking out a game. Then I can take 3 seconds to pick out shoes.

Chris
08-11-2004, 01:36 PM
I know that this is totally off topic, but I just wanted to ask y'all a question. Is it free to download roms from EoFF ? I've just downloaded a snes emulator and Final Fantasy VI game, is this going to cost me anything?

TasteyPies
08-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Only your soul

m4tt
08-11-2004, 02:01 PM
I know that this is totally off topic, but I just wanted to ask y'all a question. Is it free to download roms from EoFF ? I've just downloaded a snes emulator and Final Fantasy VI game, is this going to cost me anything?

If you know it's totally off topic, why did you post it? :rolleyes2
The rules should be somewhere in the rom section.

ON TOPIC: I just buy stuff. I don't really think it out, unless it's a game that I know is coming out soon. I'm an impulse buyer. I bought my current computer off of an impulse. I thought to myself "I need a new computer." so I went out and blew almost all my money on one. ;o

Loony BoB
08-11-2004, 02:05 PM
The more it costs, the more I research before I buy. I spent about a month looking at computers before I got this one, and I spent at least a couple of weeks looking at TV's before I got my 28" Flatscreen. When buying games on eBay, if there's a decent amount on sale, I watch them for at least a day, checking the prices they're usually going for. When looking for stuff that requires services, such as hosting, I spend about a week or so looking around. When looking for food, I just go and buy it from wherever, same with clothes. It's mainly technical stuff that I look into before I buy. I'm looking at getting a second PC right now and I've found a few on eBay, so I've registered at a few hardware forums asking for their opinions as I'm not too sure on the quality of the hardware components.

So no, I'm not indecisive, but I am smart when I make a purchase or bid on an auction. I just often spend a length of time before I make the decision, that's all.

War Angel
08-11-2004, 02:10 PM
If it's something minor, I do little to no research, and just buy whatever seems right, with little hassle or wasted. But, if it's something that costs a lot, or something that I'll be using for a long time, I can put a lot of thought into it. For example, I recently bought speakers for my PC - after spending nearly 3 weeks finding out everything I could about PC speakers, brands, etc. I don't, however, linger about after I've made my mind.

Rye
08-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Yes, maybe a bit too desisive. When I go out shopping I get what I want, unless it's extremely expensive. Sometimes I regret buying things that end up being horrible, like some CDs I've bought... *cough* Blindside, 3 Doors Down, Adema CDs *cough* :)

Rainecloud
08-11-2004, 04:55 PM
I never carry money with me when I'm in town, because if I see something that looks the slightest bit attractive, I'll probably buy it without thinking twice. I wish I could be a little more careful when it comes to my purchases, but I am on a good wage, so I don't think too much about the prices.

I really need to start being a little more sensible, though.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-11-2004, 05:11 PM
i'm always sure of what im going to buy, unless it's a book or a C.D :choc:

Misfit
08-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Yes, I hate wasting time while going shopping :p
*decisive monkey*

bennator
08-11-2004, 06:05 PM
I don't go shopping until I know exactly what I want, and how much I'm willing to pay for it. I then find it, buy it, and come home.

SomethingBig
08-11-2004, 06:58 PM
During my trip to Florida, we went to some 5 star resort that sold timeshares and this guy spent an hour and a half trying to get my parents to buy a timeshare. He even got the price lowered from $30,000 to $13,000. Sadly, my parents couldn't afford it at the time. :cry: I did my best to convince my parents to get it, but they wouldn't let up. We at least got a VIP pass for a week there, though.

Xander
08-11-2004, 08:22 PM
OMG I am *the* most indecisive person ever when it comes to buying things. It's stuff like birthday cards, chocolate bars which are the worst, and then consoles and games which I always have to think about for AGES cos of the cost and stuff, and weighing up whether it's really worth it.

The only thing I never really have much trouble deciding over is clothes cos if I find something I like that fits I usually just buy it. Unless it's really expensive then I guess I'd have more trouble =P

And I'm still trying to decide whether to buy this moose from the toy shop... :moose:

Giga Guess
08-12-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm horribly impulsive, and horribly impulsive. BAD combination. So I jump on something I think is cool, and as soon as I pay for it, I go "weeeeellllllll....I don't think this was such a good idea."

nik0tine
08-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Im always far to indecisive over things, unless i am going to the store and plan on leaving right then and there.

-N-
08-12-2004, 01:08 AM
If it's a major purchase, I definitely do research beforehand. Even CDs - I download some mp3s, see if I like them, then decide if I am going to buy the CD or not. Some CDs (Radiohead, Pink Floyd, etc.) don't need previewing. Food is obviously purchased on the spot, as are awesome t-shirts and <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5907876177&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT">Hungry Hungry Hippos</A>. :D

Del Murder
08-12-2004, 01:30 AM
Nope. I shop around. I'll drive to four different places just to save a dollar on a game when I probably wasted three times that in gas driving around in the first place. Must get the best deal though!

Freya
08-12-2004, 01:33 AM
If its not my money than i spened it on what evr like my mom always says im wasting her money which i am but i deny it, but if i have to work for i then i always plan what im going to buy.

nik0tine
08-12-2004, 01:46 AM
HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPO'S!!! THAT GAME IS AWESOME!!!!

Kami
08-12-2004, 01:46 AM
I want it, I buy it, I'm done. I hate shopping.

Rusty
08-12-2004, 04:44 PM
I usually know what I want when it comes to shopping, but I'll have a good look round the shop to see what else there is. But seeing as I love buying jeans, I'm picky and usually end up taking most of them back to get the other pair.

'

Kirobaito
08-12-2004, 05:47 PM
I only go places to get a certain thing. I don't go "shopping." I go out and buy something that I want. If it's a game, I go to Best Buy and get <i>that</i> game. If they don't have it, I go to Target. I then go to Gamestop. And so on and so on. I'm very decisive in my shopping.

Logan
08-12-2004, 06:49 PM
I fret over minor purchases. Especially clothes. I found the best shirt at T.J. Max and I didn't buy it because I was like, "Oh, I'll never wear it, the sleeves are too short, the neck is too low, blahblahblah", and now that it's back in Chicago and I'm back in California, I really want it. :(

I rarely impulse buy.

Levian
08-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Well, when I enter a shop, I decide to myself that I will something in that store. I'll still look if I can find anything better to use my money on within that store of course. I guess I'm kind of decisive, yeah.