PDA

View Full Version : Chcocobo Naming

Jolts
08-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Did you even give it a second thought? Or did you just have them all named 'Boco'? :lol:

While breeding, I named mine by "rank." My GOOD Chococobo was named GOOD, my GREAT named GREAT, and my WONDERFUL named WONDER (it wouldn't all fit). When it came to the specials, I named them by what they can cross (up until GOLD). My Blue Chocobo was name RIVER, my Green one named ROCK, and my Black one named SAND. Then I named my first Ocean Chocobo GOLD. Eventually, I'll get bored and decide to breed more Ocean Chococbos, and then I'll start naming them wacky stuff, like WINNER :lol:.

Mo-Nercy
08-11-2004, 01:02 PM
I do recall naming my black chocobo Hitler.

Then I just named them random swear words. You know, as you do.

Erdrick Holmes
08-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Main male: Chachi
Main Female: Slappy
Green: Greeny
Blue: Bluey
Black: Blacky
Gold: Ryu

crono_logical
08-11-2004, 02:39 PM
I give them code names to describe their type (good, great, wonderful), gender, and what number they are :D

BG-57
08-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Didn't we just have a thread like this?

Anyway, I named them after elements:

Yellow: Sulfur
Blue: Cobolt
Green: Copper
Black: Carbon
Gold: Gold

Polaris
08-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Just one thing how can I name a chocobo? I got two chocobos I caught them but I didn't gave them a name how can i do that?

Zante
08-11-2004, 03:53 PM
You can name them only once, when putting them into the stable.

Jolts
08-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Didn't we just have a thread like this?

Anyway, I named them after elements:

Yellow: Sulfur
Blue: Cobolt
Green: Copper
Black: Carbon
Gold: Gold
I did a search, and didn't find anything similar. I made a post in the General Final Fantasy forum asking what ya'll named your main character for any FF you felt like listing, but not many replied.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-11-2004, 04:56 PM
normal: chump
Blue: Bob
Green: Chirp
Black: Chloe
Golden: Champ :choc:

-N-
08-12-2004, 01:28 AM
There was a thread like this a long while ago, but it's all good. :) I like Chocobo naming threads anyways. :p

Good/Great Male = Boco
Good/Great Female = Coco
Blue = BBKing or Keb'Mo
Green = M.Jane or Pot or Weed
Black = MNight or Knight
Wonder = Wonder or Super or Boco
Gold = Aurora or Richie

Of course Green Chocobos are my favorite! :D

Polaris
08-12-2004, 02:26 PM
You can name them only once, when putting them into the stable.

How can I put them in the stables?

BG-57
08-12-2004, 03:29 PM
I was referring to this thread: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=45242

Talk to Chocobo Billy. One of the Options is 'Moving Chocobos'. He'll ask you to select which chocobo to move into the stable. You can inspect any chocobos you have out in the pen and he'll comment on the quality. If you select one, he'll prompt you to name the chocobo male or female.

Zante
08-12-2004, 03:31 PM
First you have to buy a stable from the man in the house to the left. Then talk to the boy in the stables and chose 'move chocobos'. Then chose one of your caught chocobos and you can name it.

Edit:Oh, and you can only do it once you got the Highwind. :)

Jolts
08-12-2004, 03:40 PM
If you wish to breed them into the ultimate Gold Chocobo, you will need at least three stables (at 10,000Gil each), but I'd advise getting all six of them. It makes the process so much more "care-free," and doesn't force you to release as many chocobos at first.

Polaris
08-13-2004, 03:45 PM
*sigh* Thanks guys phew FF7 is not that easy... :)

Del Murder
08-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Greek gods and goddesses.

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Main male: Matty
Main Female: Mark
Green: Luke
Blue: John
Black: Jesus
Gold: Carl