PDA

View Full Version : Unkown Predictions (probable spoilers)

Pheesh
08-11-2004, 11:49 AM
I know i said that there was gonna be spoilers in the title, but when i first signed up i didn't know what spoiler meant and ended up finding out that i can fight sephy (major bummer and story crash). So anyway im gonna use spoiler tags. But I did warn people so you can talk freely without the tags if you want.

OK, Im just curious as to what you guys think the unknowns are. Good, Evil whatever. I personally am not sure but i have many theories. I like the idea of them being a kind of force of the worlds. Maybe some kind of world balance. That could be why mickey supposedly went undercover with them.To make sure the walls were never broken again. It would also make sence because if the blindfolded unkown is actually riku it would make sense that he and micky joined them together. Or they could be previous Keyblade masters (wrap your minds around that!!) which could be why most of them can hold keyblades. and maybe thats why they the bhk (blond haired kid) is supposedly watching over sora.
Anyway, tell me what you think.

TasteyPies
08-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Magic chocolate pudding.

Yup

Chibi Youkai
08-11-2004, 02:38 PM
I personally think they're a seperate third party, with their own agenda.

Unknown_Soldier
08-12-2004, 09:59 AM
personally.. i think that one something happens to anyone's heart, a shell of that person is made, and that is what the unknowns are... maybe. Well, Tetsuya Nomura said that one of the Unknowns from Deep Dive is Riku. so that makes you think "what happened to riku to make him an unknown?" well, unless he just decided "i'm gunna wear this outfit to get past someting er other" i think it might be because Ansem took over him, and all that was left of Riku was his heart and soul, and since he wasn't darkness he couldn't come out of Kingdom Hearts. so i think maybe his Body was just a shell, and became an unkown.

Like the Unknown from Final Mix said "I am... a Mere Shell..." so that leads me to believe that when people lose their hearts their bodies become unknowns.

but that explains nothing because they obviously have awesome powers, so i really have no idea wtf they are, and i think about it a lot... and i got nothing.

Trumpet Thief
08-13-2004, 02:43 AM
chaos: I hope they are related to the bad guys, or are the bad guys in anyway. Although, Xenosaga- Beyond Good and Evil makes me question whether I should even call them that. Either way, as long as they play an important role in the game, I will be satisfied.

Rubedo: I think the "Unknown" are people whose bodies are too weak to live on or something, and escaped like KH, or something like that (Much like Riku). Although I am not sure, but I heard that somewhere.

Carnage
08-13-2004, 03:06 AM
Rikku and the others are....................... other rikkus. Ill explain when i figure it out.

Unknown_Soldier
08-19-2004, 05:52 AM
Riku... not Rikku. right?

Ouch!
08-22-2004, 03:20 AM
My theory is based on another theory that was at the Ansem Report, with a couple things different. Spoilers obviously.

In Final Mix the Enigmatic Man (an Unknown) said that he was a mere shell when Sora asked him who he was. This leads me to believe that Unknowns are the bodys of those who were seperated from their heart. That would mean that everyone who loses their heart to the Heartless would become one. I suspect that someone would have to be very strong for their bodies to survive. That, or it happens when they cast of their bodies on purpose as Ansem did.

In the discussion between the red Unknown and Axel, Axel reveals that the red Unknown is Ansem. This supports the idea that they are the bodies of those who have cast of their bodies to exist only as a heart.

Riku's body was possessed by Ansem and so his heart was seperated from it. When we see Riku in the end, he shimmers blue, as Ansem did when he met Riku. Ansem later discarded Riku's body when Sora met up with him. That would explain how Riku's body exists as an Unknown.

There are five Unknowns at least, aside from Ansem and Mickey, as they were shown together in a KHII trailer at Hallow Bastion. There's Riku, Axel, Vixen, the Blonde Haired Kid (Dual Wielding Unknown) and someone else. Mickey is dressed as an Unknown, which leads me to believe that when he entered Kingdom Hearts, he too cast off his body. Kingdom Hearts was closed, so unless it was opened again, which I doubt, Riku and Mickey could not escape, so the Mickey in the KHII and Deep Dive trailer have to be an Unknown.

The Blonde Haired Kid, I believe, is Sora's body. When Sora unlocked Kairi's heart with Riku's Oblivion keyblade his body disappeared and he became a Heartless. When Kairi held him and called out to him, he returned. I believe that only his heart returned because his body was already cast off.

To support this, in Deep Dive, when the Dual Wielding Unknown/Blonde Haired Kid (I have no doubt that they're the same, as they both wield two keyblades with Oathkeeper and Oblivion keychains) throws the Oblivion up to Riku, he takes out another keyblade: the Kingdom Key. Mickey lands on the roof after that wielding his own Kingdom Key, so unless there is a third Kingdom Key, it is Sora's.

Well, there's my theory, though that still leaves one Unknown without a name.

As for which side they're on, I'm not quite sure. Axel is working for Ansem, and Ansem certainly isn't a good guy. Vixen is apparently working alongside Axel in Chain of Memories, so he's probably bad too. I can't believe that Riku or Mickey are bad guys, as Mickey saves Sora from those white things (real Heartless as they don't have Ansem's markings?) Riku helped Sora in the end so I don't think he'd change sides again.

The Blonde Haired Kid is obviously good, as when he fights Axel, either he or Axel said, "I won't let you get to Sora!" or something along those lines. Either way, it means that he's either trying to protect Sora, or he's trying to find him. I'm betting on the latter, as in Another Side, Another Story, he looks up at Riku and asks, "Where's Sora?" It has been said that in KHII, Sora's journey will end and another will begin. That probably means you take control of a new playable character. I'll bet big bucks that this guy is who you take over with. To further this, in the trailer, you see him standing up to a very large white Heartless in a setting very much like the beginning of Kingdom Hearts where Sora fought the Darkside.

If my theory about the Blonde Haired Kid being Sora's body, it would make it very easy to switch between the two characters as they are, in essense, the same person.

StarlightAngel
08-22-2004, 03:26 AM
Your theory is very possible. But then, would Disney allow it?

Ouch!
08-22-2004, 03:32 AM
Why wouldn't Disney allow it? There's nothing in there that seems too dark for Disney's taste. It would be interesting to have the main bad guys not being Disney characters this time. As far as I know, Hades and Jafar are back.

Beast is also an enemy, as one of the Unknowns has the wilting rose and is using it to manipulate Beast into doing his biddings. It wouldn't surprise me if the Unknowns manipulate other Disney villians in a similar manner. For example, one of the Unknowns could be the master of Jafar, as he is a genie.

With how Another Side, Another Story and Deep Dive look, I'm confident that Kingdom Hearts II will be heavily based off of Square-Enix's characters, rather than Kingdom Hearts which was dominated by Disney characters.

Chibi Youkai
08-22-2004, 04:15 AM
You been reading the general unknown theories thread on the Ansemreport?

I wonder what happened to the Ansemreport... I just keep getting 404's when putting in the url.

StarlightAngel
08-22-2004, 04:37 AM
Just thinking that they might not like the whole, 'something bad has happened to Mickey Mouse'

Ouch!
08-22-2004, 04:43 AM
You been reading the general unknown theories thread on the Ansemreport?

My theory is based on another theory that was at the Ansem Report, with a couple things different. Spoilers obviously.
The Ansem Report was closed in late April. Then they opened up a part of the site when the news from E3 came around. After a while they began opening up other parts of the site again, and now they're gone.

As for Mickey Mouse, I'd say that's not much of a problem. I mean, it would allow for Mickey to become an important character that has more than just a scene. I think that'd make Disney happy.

StarlightAngel
08-22-2004, 04:54 AM
True....

Pheesh
08-22-2004, 01:34 PM
If any of you have been on the characters section in kingdomhearts2.net then you would have seen the theory that micky went undercover. Thats a possibility.

StarlightAngel
08-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Thats more of what I thought would happen.

DJZen
08-26-2004, 06:30 AM
I think the unknowns aren't inherently good or evil. This is because of philosophical beliefs which don't include absolute good and evil. However, in video game terms of "good guys" and "bad guys", I think the unknowns aren't a group per-se as much as a are a bunch of different people who are linked by something, that being some kickass fashion sense :D I mean..... I think they exist, but not as a cohesive organization. There are many who wear the spooky black raincoats, but they seem to be acting all in their own personal interests.