PDA

View Full Version : FF4:Problem with Dark Elf

Lain
08-11-2004, 12:41 PM
I cannot beat him. His second form is so powerful. Pleease help

Ultima Shadow
08-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Have Cecil equipped with the Legend! When the dark elf turn into the Dark Dragon, and it uses Dark Breath, immediately have Tellah use Cure3 on the party. Cecil should do pshycical attack over and over again and the same for Yang. This shouldn't be to much of a problem as long as you never have Tellah use anything but Cure magic. Level up if you think your characters are to weak. Your characters should be something like level 22+.
The whole boss have a total of 23,890hp.

Lain
08-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks a lot. Somday I will try it, but now i can't. Computer don't see disc d and i cannot play right now.

Butz
08-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Lv 30 should be enough to beat him up! :D

I don't recal the Dark Elf as a hard boss to beat ;)

you have to equip your weapons before the battle or was it during the battle.. but you have to equip them ;)

Storm
08-12-2004, 05:40 AM
Cast "Weak" on the Dark Dragon, followed by one hit. It's as simple as that.

Ultima Shadow
08-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Cast "Weak" on the Dark Dragon, followed by one hit. It's as simple as that.
Really? Never tried that. :p

X-Death
08-17-2004, 04:53 AM
You guys have it all wrong.. Defeat Dark Elf's first Form and then when you destroy that Form, Equip yourself with very Weak Equipment, I would preffer "Clothes". Equip your Party Members with that Equipment.. You can obtain this Equipment at the nearby Village on the Island that you are at.. And so now, you will barely get hurt by the second Evil Form of Dark Elf and he should be easy.. Dont forget to use the Legend Sword for Cecil and dont forget to use Cure for Tellah! :)

Ultima Shadow
08-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Dont forget to use the Legend Sword for Cecil and dont forget to use Cure for Tellah! :)
That's exactly what I said! :rolleyes2

X-Death
08-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Yes.. But did you know it would be easier to just do this?

Defeat Dark Elf's first Form and then when you destroy that Form, Equip yourself with very Weak Equipment, I would preffer "Clothes". Equip your Party Members with that Equipment.. You can obtain this Equipment at the nearby Village on the Island that you are at..

That is the Secret to defeat Dark Elf's Final Form. :D

Storm
08-18-2004, 05:02 AM
X-Death, since you have difficulty understanding what simple means, I will outline to you the simplest way to defeat the Dark Elf.

1. Cast Weak on him.
2. Inflict ANY damage on him. Even 1 damage will kill him.

Explain to me how your method is more simple. This method requires TWO moves.

Lain
08-18-2004, 11:06 PM
How did you get "weak"? I don't really remember if I had this spell

Ultima Shadow
08-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Tellah will have it.

Big D
08-19-2004, 12:13 AM
I've got the PS1 version of FFIV - that's the 'hardtype' version, and there's no "weak" spell. It might be one of those things that's only in the 'easytype' game.

Storm
08-19-2004, 06:03 AM
I've got the PS1 version of FFIV - that's the 'hardtype' version, and there's no "weak" spell. It might be one of those things that's only in the 'easytype' game.

In the FF Chronicles version, the spell "weak" should be called "wind".

Takara
08-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Yeah, it's called Wind, I think.

And I thought I was special when finding the Weak + attack trick when I was 12 years old... :p

Lain
09-01-2004, 09:46 PM
OK now I have back my disc D and I played ffIV again. Thanks for help, it really worked :D

BTW The spell is called Tornado not Wind