PDA

View Full Version : The Beer Thread

Meat Puppet
08-11-2004, 08:25 PM
It seems to be a trend now. I hope I don't need to go into too much detail just post what kind of beer you like
:choc:

If you don't like beer that doesn't matter
I like the kind that comes in the oversized cans, who cares about labels. :thumb:

Rainecloud
08-11-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm not overly fussy concerning beer, but I do drink a little at parties and small gatherings.

The taste isn't so great, but it helps you relax a little.

m4tt
08-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Corona is the only beer I can stand to drink. Rolling Rock is okay, but only one bottle.

crono_logical
08-11-2004, 09:18 PM
I don't do drugs :monster:

SeeDRankLou
08-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Beer.....*squirms and convulses at the thought of the taste of beer* I'm a liquor person. Do malt beverages count in this category......anyone.....no......ok.

I actually don't mind the taste of Corona with a lime and salt. That's about it.

Arche, you make it sound like drinking is using a Class 3 Controlled Substance.

Demerwen Owns
08-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Even though alcohol is by far more dangerous and unhealthy than my preferred drug, cannabis, I do enjoy knocking back 40oz of Carling 10% which gets you the best buzz for your buck.

Baloki
08-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Its true Alchol is a drug, along with caffine and tabbacho (or however you spell it).

But thats life :D

Lindy
08-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Barrels.

Or Polypins to be exact, 36 pints of Ale.

That'll keep me occupied for an evening.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-11-2004, 10:08 PM
im young so ive not tasted much beer but i like Arran Blonde :choc:

Demerwen Owns
08-11-2004, 10:16 PM
I don't do drugs :monster:

No tylenol for you then, or vitamins or sugar or painkillers for surgery, better not drink any water either because it's a performance enhancing drug, you'd better not go outside because of all those noxious fumes in the air, wouldn't want to eat any of that processed meat full of steroids either, eh?

Shlup
08-11-2004, 10:20 PM
I have it on good authority that beer tastes like concentrated piss.

I'll generally drink whatever's available, as long as it's not dark or anything. I prefer chuggin' wine if I want to be drinkin' though.

TheAbominatrix
08-11-2004, 10:40 PM
I don't really like beer. I tried I Heinikin (sp?) the other day, it tasted okay but the aftertaste was disgusting. I've tasted every kind of beer under the sun, and liked none.

I prefer fruity drinks. Strawberry daiquiri's all the way!

Chris
08-11-2004, 11:22 PM
http://www.thesunalsorises.hpg.ig.com.br/homer.jpg

White Snake
08-11-2004, 11:48 PM
As nearly everyone in Germany likes drinking beer I dont really differ from them ;)

nik0tine
08-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Im not a beer person. In fact i dislike almost every beer i have ever tasted (thats not that many though) however, i really do like a good guinness. yum. im more into drinking hard liquors instead. taste better, much more fun, and i can get wasted to the point of not being able to see straight and not get a hangover, whereas just one beer can give me a horrible hangover. but guinness gets my vote for beer

Even though alcohol is by far more dangerous and unhealthy than my preferred drug, cannabis, I do enjoy knocking back 40oz of Carling 10% which gets you the best buzz for your buck.
yeah, i agree. I choose cannibus over alcahol ANY day. better safe than sorry right? :p

Giga Guess
08-12-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm not big on beer. However, I will drink Canadian once in a while. I both love and hate Shmirnoff coolers. Those things are soooo good, but sooooo lethal. They go down waaaaay too smooth.

-N-
08-12-2004, 01:32 AM
Leffe Belgian Blonde Ale is my favorite beer.

Dogfish Head Raison D'être is damn good lager, too. I had an $8 bottle once. Yes, for ONE BOTTLE.

For drinking games and beer-pong, something light like Miller or Keystone that you can pound real fast is good.

escobert
08-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Bud light for me please!

White Raven
08-12-2004, 02:41 AM
Though I prefer liquers, beer is the ultimate just chilling drink. My top ten favourite beers:

10. Kilkenny
9. Coors Light
8. Blue Light
7. Buzz
6. Heineiken
5. Canadian Cold Shots
4. Moose Head
3. Guiness
2. Sleemens Honey Brown Lagar
1. Canadian

All should be drunk in pint or bottle form. Anything from a can tastes like horse urine. (Minus Cold Shots for they only come in can form)

Big D
08-12-2004, 04:17 AM
I like any quality beer, but I prefer strong, dark varieties.
Stout and porter come to mind.
In particular, Speight's Porter, Guinness, Kilkenny, and Monteith's Black.
Exotic varieties can be good for a change, too - Celtic red beer, for instance.

Agent Proto
08-12-2004, 04:18 AM
I'm not big on beer. I usually pass.

Giga Guess
08-12-2004, 05:20 AM
Yeah, truthfully, the times I drink are few and far between.

Erdrick Holmes
08-12-2004, 05:27 AM
Colt 45
Labat Blue
Rolling Rock
Heinekin
Blue Skyy
Budwiser
Micolobe
Sammy Adams
Most Canadian Lager

That's practically my beer list.

Meat Puppet
08-12-2004, 05:27 AM
I watched a documentary and four guys were blindfolded and they couldn't tell the difference between their favourite beers and neither can I, so I safely say all beers taste the same :confused: Except for Haast. That's just canned water with a pinch of alcohol. Yuk yuk.

Leeza
08-12-2004, 08:03 AM
<i>I watched a documentary and four guys were blindfolded and they couldn't tell the difference between their favourite beers and neither can I, so I safely say all beers taste the same</i> - Meat Puppet

NOT!

For a light (in colour) beer I prefer Corona, but almost any dark is better than a light...like Hermann's...that is about the best, but I did just try a beer called <i>Bavaria</i> that was made in Brazil that was pretty darn good.

PS: Most Canadian beers suck, but not as much as American. :)

Meat Puppet
08-12-2004, 08:27 AM
I mean, they were all either lager or bitter, light or dark. Not different types of beer, but all were high quality different LABELS of beer. Like I said, you can tell crappy beer from good beer.

Mikztsu
08-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Warsteiner is the best. And no, they really don't taste the same. there's some labels I cant tell the difference, but really.

Hmm, I haven't been drinking in a looong time.

White Raven
08-12-2004, 12:30 PM
PS: Most Canadian beers suck, but not as much as American. :)

Blasphemy!!!

sephxangel
08-12-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't drink beer I drink hard liquor. :D

me + beer = :barf:

Nemesis the Warlock
08-12-2004, 02:59 PM
My favourite beer here in Holland is Grolsch. Comes in cool-looking archaic bottles.

My favourite back in Germany is Radeberger, a beer from Dresden.

In Ireland (where I went on holiday), Guinness is the obvious choice.

My favourite beer overall is Pilsener Urquell, a Czech beer. It's the original Pilsner beer from a town called Pilsen.

:beer: