PDA

View Full Version : Seasick.

Rainecloud
08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
A general question, really. Do you get seasick during boat trips?

Also, do you enjoy travel by boat/ship, and when was the last time you sailed?

TasteyPies
08-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Went on a large historical shipy thingy cruise last week, no seasickness.

Meat Puppet
08-11-2004, 08:46 PM
I used to, but not anymore. Which is good, I go on boats often.

Xander
08-11-2004, 08:47 PM
I love going on boats. I went on a ferry when I went on holiday and I really liked it, I didn't get seasick, my mum did though >_< I only get travel sick in cars.

I last went in a boat when I went to Southampton, well a place near it, and we had to take this boat across. It was nice looking out on the water and stuff.

Female Ryuichi
08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Any ferry that takes more than a hour, I tend to get sea sick. *remembers bad memories of her ferry trip to France* :(

SeeDRankLou
08-11-2004, 09:23 PM
I the boat is stationary and the water is wavy, causing the boat to bob up and down with no horizontal motion, then yes, I will get seasick very very quickly (like two minutes). If the boat takes off in a relatively short amount of time, then no.

Psychotic
08-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Every freakin' summer my family go on a ferry to France, in a 7 hour journey. We could go on Eurostar which'd take an hour or something, but NO, my mother "likes boats". But I'm not going with them this year, as I'm a big boy now! :greenie:

I hate boats. And I never get seasick. But I freakin' hate boats. But the last time I went on a boat was last summer and they had movies on it and I watched the Matrix Reloaded and it was cool.

Shlup
08-11-2004, 10:25 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9580&stc=1

Every little white fleck you see if my vomit. The fishies were so happy!

Giga Guess
08-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Charming....just charming....

Me? Not so far as I know. I've only been on pretty smooth water, though (DAMN me and my landlocked life.).

TheAbominatrix
08-12-2004, 02:33 AM
I dont know, really. I've only been on a boat oonce, and I'd had medicine beforehand. I was just terribly scared with the ocean trying to kill me.

kikimm
08-12-2004, 02:46 AM
I've been on a boat a couple times, and even when I take the medicine it doesn't work. I've had really bad motion sickness all my life. Even when the boat isn't moving, I get sick. I don't...like boats.

:D

mr. anderson
08-12-2004, 02:51 AM
i never ever get seasick :D

Mahal Kita
08-13-2004, 07:11 PM
I've been on like one or two ferries in my life + all the other times we went crabbing and other small boating stuff, and I didn't seem to get seasick. I did however get a little afraid of it at first and feel nauseous and nervous but it's funny because there's a weird, dizzy feeling I get after being on the waters. =\ And aside maybe from crazy amusement park rides (I'm not going to try and see if I'm affected ;x), I don't get motion sickness.

Rye
08-13-2004, 07:15 PM
I love boats. Since my Uncle and my friend's dad own boats, I go on them a lot. I don't get seasick, but boats make me tired after a while, especially if I'm fishing on them.

escobert
08-13-2004, 07:20 PM
i never ever get seasick :D

DMKA
08-13-2004, 07:35 PM
I never ever get seasick. :D
Yeah same here, though I don't like traveling by boat, cause its just a waste of time compared to flying.

Airline carriers are fun though...it feels like your on a moving island cause theres so many people its like a city floating on the sea. :)

Leeza
08-13-2004, 09:18 PM
I never get to the point of throwing up or anything, but I always get seasick to some point when on a boat, especially ferrys...and I'm on one everytime I need to go to the mainland. If I sit facing in the direction that it's traveling, it's not so bad though, but if I sit facing towards the back then I'm much worse.

Logan
08-13-2004, 09:42 PM
I think I went on a ferry once. I didn't get sick.

Triple T
08-13-2004, 09:44 PM
I hardly go on ferries, but when I do I don't get sick. :)

But when I travel in a car/van, I puke every... 2-3 hours?

Kirobaito
08-14-2004, 12:51 AM
I've only gone on the Staten Island Ferry, and didn't get sick. Other than that, I can't think of any time I've gone on a boat.

Kilika
08-14-2004, 05:55 AM
i dont really get seasick...i think...i think the only time i was ever on a boat was my friend wills. His uncle had one and they invited me down there for a weekend to hang out. But that was oh i dunno 6 years ago i think. Now...I probably would.

Linus
08-14-2004, 06:20 AM
Shlup gets a gold star.

Kirkpatrick
08-14-2004, 07:13 AM
I've only ever been 'seasick' once, but I don't really think it was sickness from the boat as much as the fact that it was rolling so much I was afraid it would roll over :p (I was quite young).

Other than that, I've been on boats countless times, and have taken lessons for the last few summers, and will be doing that on Sunday for two weeks. Lots of fun.

Silmaril
08-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Boat trips are very boring. I don't get seasick though.

Rusty
08-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Do you get seasick during boat trips? Nope, I never get any type of travel sickness.

Also, do you enjoy travel by boat/ship, and when was the last time you sailed?

Yes I do, last time I went on a boat was about 2 months ago, I went on a ferry type cruise around my beachy town.

Burtsplurt
08-16-2004, 05:28 PM
I was seasick once, whilst out watching my uncle and a friend lobster-potting. It was a very small boat and the sea was choppy. I don't think I've felt as bad as I did for those couple of hours. Yuk.

I go on boats often as I'm a fisheries officer, but it's on lakes and rivers. Much better.