PDA

View Full Version : PS1 Rom

TasteyPies
08-12-2004, 01:28 AM
I have a PS2, I had a PS1, I have ordered Final fantasy vii, this is legal baby.

I just ordered Final Fantasy VII. That is, my mom did because i don't have acredit card. Im still paying for it and my mom didn't get the speedy delivery for an extra 8 bucks. Now I have to wait an entire week for the final fantasy goodness. So I figured I would download a PS1 Emulater and a Final Fantasy 7 rom as I wait. Problem is I have no idea where to find a Final Fantasy 7 rom! If anyone could help me with this it would make me verry happy. I already have the Emulator.

Aww...Ok, the PS1 emulater says i need a BIO file....I don't.
Where can I find that?

Shoyku
08-12-2004, 01:49 AM
A) It would be illegal for me to tell you where to get a PSX BIOS.
B) It would be illegal for me to tell you where to get a Final Fantasy VII CD image.

TasteyPies
08-12-2004, 01:54 AM
That sucks, why? I have a Ps2 and had a ps1, a Final Fantasy VII Is riding the postal roller coaster to my door, whats the governments problem?

Shoeberto
08-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Google is your friend.

BIOS are only legal if you have the system the BIOS file is for, which for this would be PS1. You could probably find them on a torrent site or through other P2P services.

And CD-based games don't have ROMs like cartridge based systems do. The CD information is ripped into one of many, many CD formats, including but not limited to .iso, .cue/.bin, .nrg, and so forth. Again, P2P or bit torrent are the only way you'll get a hold of them, and they will be huge. A standard CD-ROM can hold around 700mb, and this is three discs, so assuming that all three are full, expect to pull down around 2.1gb (of course, that's not to say all three would be full, but it'd still be over a gig). So if you're on a slow connection, don't expect much.

My suggestion is to just hold on for a week. Sheesh.

TasteyPies
08-12-2004, 02:48 AM
No effing kidding, I guess I will.

Max
08-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Kazza

crono_logical
08-13-2004, 12:03 AM
For viruses :monster:

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Is there a way I can play games I already own? What exactly ARE bios?

3. Where do i get a psx bios? - dont ask from me, dump one. You may only use a Copyrighted playstation bios if you are legally entitled to.

..dump...one? Im not familiar with that phrase.

Shoeberto
08-14-2004, 07:22 PM
For playing games that you already own, you just have to pop the game into your CD drive and click "Run from CD"

Dumping the BIOS is something that I don't know how to do but I know it's something beyond the realm of most average people's capability. Just google PSX BIOS or PS1 BIOS and see if maybe you can find one that way.

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Thank you, I need the bio to play my own games.

Dr Unne
08-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Replicating the BIOS is probably illegal even if you own a PSX. Fair use laws don't go as far as they used to.

Yamaneko
08-15-2004, 01:11 AM
*nod*

Just like that 24 hour ROM thing never actually meant anything.

TasteyPies
08-15-2004, 01:38 AM
That blows, so they let you download the program but don't give you the key file needed to run it?

Yrkoon
08-15-2004, 04:55 AM
speak to me on msn an ill help u out :)

btw a bios is basically the system configuration be it a console or pc the only part thats illegal to my kwnolegde is owning the bios file for a system ur emulating but it is fine if u own the system and dont modify the bios