PDA

View Full Version : My take on this game.. (Spoilers)

Tendalus
08-12-2004, 12:59 PM
So let me just catch ya'll up to speed...

it's thursday morning, but as far as I'm really concerned it's just really late wednesday night (stayed up all night, jah). Point of mentioning this is that i bought FFX last wednesday (simply because I had a $20 gift card to bestbuy, and it looked interesting.)

I played FF6 ... a LOT. all characters lvl 99.. played it thru from start to finish more times than I can remember trying to beat my times, etc etc. but since then, I never really got into any FF games. when 7 came out, I didn't have a playstation. I played thru about half of 8, but it just wasn't doing it for me (and it was in my friend's dorm on his playstation). That's about the time I got into EverQuest. I've been playing EQ hardcore since before 9 came out. For anyone who knows EQ, if you're serious about being End Game, then it takes up A LOT of your time.

(Sorry for posting my history, btw - but this is also hi /hello post ~ I suppose). Spoilers inc:

I got really emotional at the end of FFX. When Yuna went to hug Tidus and she fell thru him, I almost shed a tear... and then when the credits song came on, I just sat there like "Damn.. " .. thinking moments back to seeing Yuna whistling for Tidus at the end of the docks.

I really liked the ending of 6, because it went into all the characters individually... My only complaint with the FFX ending was that it was short, and didn't get nearly as personal as what I was used to.

Anyway. I just had to say something... Ive done nothing but sleep and play FFX for the past week since I got it. Did like... everything, and now - I sleep.

chichi
08-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I cried at the end of FFX. It was pretty sad, thinking that Yuna had lost the guy she loves and is never going to see him again.

Oh yeah, welcome too Tendalus :)

Kuja
08-13-2004, 09:46 AM
yeah i was sad too....... i think because i didn't expect tidus to dissapear. cause what the faith of yojimbo said, he said something like run, run dream into reality or something like that. so i guessed that he would stay in spira. also because most of the FF's have a good ending, but this one.....

but suddenly he dissappeard :cry: :cry: and then when i saw yuna ..... :eek: but i didn't cry ( really ! )

Old Manus
08-13-2004, 11:38 AM
My only complaint with the FFX ending was that it was short, and didn't get nearly as personal as what I was used to.

Drink with me, friend.

chichi
08-14-2004, 09:33 AM
yeah i was sad too....... i think because i didn't expect tidus to dissapear. cause what the faith of yojimbo said, he said something like run, run dream into reality or something like that. so i guessed that he would stay in spira. also because most of the FF's have a good ending, but this one.....

but suddenly he dissappeard :cry: :cry: and then when i saw yuna ..... :eek: but i didn't cry ( really ! )

Yeah, I was really surprised that he disappeared. I thought they would of found a way for him to stay and we would of had a happy ending like other FF's. Though I guess there wouldn't of been a FFX-2 if Tidus had of stayed on in Spira...

kikimm
08-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Being the idiot I am, I screwed up the ending for myself. I think I read it somewhere...a review on amazon or osmething (those people never mark their spoilers). But even though I knew what was going to happen, I still cried...a lot. Only during the second time though--the first time I beat it, there were people screaming and running around near me, so I couldn't really conentrate on what was going on.

Definitley a hard-hitting ending, for me at least.

:D

UltimateSpamGrover
08-14-2004, 02:07 PM
at least it isnt as hard hitting as the beginning of the FF9 ending