PDA

View Full Version : Square + Enix = cool stuff

Blank
08-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Square made the final fantasy games. Enix made the Dragon Warrior games. wouldn't it be sic if square enix released a new Dragon Warrior game with nice new graphics? remaining ofcourse a good plot.

Trumpet Thief
08-12-2004, 06:09 PM
chaos: Graphics don't really mean a thing. As long as the game has a good storyline, with good character development, I truly don't care about petty little things like graphics...

Rubedo: But I do hope that they release a new Dragon Warrior game.

TheAbominatrix
08-12-2004, 08:21 PM
They are making a new Dragon Warrior game. Check some RPG sites for pictures or whatever.

SquareEnix announced when they merged that Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, and Kingdom Hearts would be the three main 'pillars' of their company, so we can expect a lot more games in those series.

FInalfantasyfinatic4
08-12-2004, 09:11 PM
I stil think they should make another grandia game. i have beaten all three and have them. the first 2 was great, then.... enix slacked. i think they should of expanded it. all it was was a dungeon crawler. but yea they should atleast make another one to make up for x-treme, heh an grandia x - treme, an x-treme let down

edczxcvbnm
08-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Ummm...enix never made any grandia game. Gamearts made all of them. Although I do believe they published Xtreme and maybe even localized it for america. Beyond that they had no involvement with the first 2(unless they did something with II on the PS2).

Lord Chainsaw
08-13-2004, 02:29 AM
I really do wish Square would release another Evermore game.

I don't know if they even have the rights to it though. If I'm not mistaken it was developed by Squaresoft USA.

It would be cool to go back to Evermore. They could drop the boy and the dog, and go for something a little more serious. Omnitopia, the perfect world, we've got a good premise there. Maybe throw in a little Paradise Lost.

I'd also like to see them continue the Chocobo's Dungeon series. I've only played the 2nd one, but boy was that fun.

I'm not too excited about Dragon Warrior anymore. The battle system is a bit dated, and DW7 failed to capture my attention. Enix needs to step it up with Dragon Warrior 8.

DJZen
08-13-2004, 04:47 AM
Would it be more serious if the boy dressed in black and whined about his past more? Of how about if the dog always had blood dripping out of its mouth? Would THAT be more serious?

Lord Chainsaw
08-13-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm thinking something more along the lines of a group of scientists displeased with reality.

The world of Evermore is perfect for a video game. It has capability for incredible gameplay because it is so diverse, with a country for every main time period. Unlike a game in which time travel is possible and you might see similar elements, Evermore allows for actual interaction between countries and could provide for some very interesting gameplay.

It had already been made clear that some of the people involved with the Evermore project were those that wanted to escape reality. It would be nice to see some elaboration on that that could reflect on our current state of fantasy and video games as a whole.

Blank
08-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Enix needs to step it up with Dragon Warrior 8.

yeah that's true. and originaly i didn't mean that graphics made the game, i'd just really like a Dragon Warrior with new modern graphics. a good story is absolutely included too in that request.

Del Murder
08-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I think the DW series needs updated graphics badly. They aren't everything but it does help make it more fun. They also need to update the ability learning system, because they've been using it for like 15 years. Hasn't even come close to the level of evolution that the FF series has gone through. So Square having their hands in it can only be a good thing.