PDA

View Full Version : should I get this game?

Yellow
08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I really like FF and I dunno about this game.. It looks interresting but it also looks like it will take me hours to get nowhere in the game :rolleyes2 . Well can anyone tell me some reasons why to get this game and some reasons why I may not like it? If it helps, I really liked FF8,9, and 10..

umm.. yea :confused:

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Yes, probably one of my favorite games of all times. The style, however, is much different from the normal FF games, be warned. I highly recommend it.

escobert
08-13-2004, 03:07 PM
One of the best storys in a game that I can ever think of. It's one of my top 3 games ever.

Tatics Master
08-14-2004, 02:47 PM
I think you should get this game. Why not its at a very,very, cheap price for a game of its caliber. The story is most likely one of the best FF stories in the series. It will have you guessing on whos the good guys and bad guys and who to trust. It has all the basic items and other things that are in all FF series. Potions,Weapons ,Armor,magic,etc.

But the very big difference in this game is how it plays. Your not just standing on a battle field waiting for your person to have a turn and you pick there action. But you are moving around on a Battle field with different types of land and water. All kinds of things can factor in the battle. Speed,Brave,Faith,your movement,your jumping ability,weapons,CT time,its just endless. Thus the name Tactics.
It all depends on what you do,where you move,and how you react to your enemies that can mean victory or defeat.It will take you a battle or 2 to really see how the game works and moves along, but after a hour you will start to really get the hang of it.

Theres also the in game turtorial to show you how its done.
And remember that every job class has advantiges and disadvantiges.
You will like this game,trust me. Don't give up on it if you lose your first battle a couple of times. Just use it as a learning experiance.And if you need more help there are people here who know this game inside and out to help you.

I just got Madden 2005 but I just started a new FFT game and I'm playing it more than Madden. That says it all! :love: :confused:

Good Luck...and let us know how your doing when you start playing! :cool:

Peace!

Edgar
08-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Buy it, you are missing alot if you don't

Yellow
08-14-2004, 11:21 PM
I downloaded FFTA just to see whats it like, and it was fun! I liked FFTA but it seemed kinda.. childish? It was kinda slow also.. Anyways, lots of people seem to think FFT is much better than FFTA. Hows it better than FFTA cause I liked FFTA a lot! :p

IronMaidenHikari
08-15-2004, 01:21 AM
hey, don't worry, FFT is not s childish as FFTA and it is a really fast paced game! I finished it in a month!!:D [well, I spent endless hours on it... I slept really late just to play it...*was obsessed*]hehe^^;;

Trumpet Thief
08-15-2004, 11:19 PM
chaos: I was just replaying it a few days ago and finished it. Definetly, one of the best storylines ever! Graphics were great for it's time, and the battle system was so exciting and unique. The characters were pretty cool, like Ramza, and even the antagonist was great!

Rubedo: From what I think, it has the best story for an FF, next to VI and IV.

AaronD
08-17-2004, 06:23 PM
FFT isnt childish at all, there is constant betrayal, death and fights. this game has one of the best stories in a FF i have ever played, it keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering whats going to happen next

i've beaten this game probably over 100 times and i still enjoy the story

Jolts
08-17-2004, 06:53 PM
FRIGGIN' HELL YEAH YOU SHOULD GET THIS GAME!
My opinion is stated.

I downloaded FFTA just to see whats it like, and it was fun! I liked FFTA but it seemed kinda.. childish? It was kinda slow also.. Anyways, lots of people seem to think FFT is much better than FFTA. Hows it better than FFTA cause I liked FFTA a lot! :p
First of all, FFT isn't so "childish," and its battle system runs faster. Second, and this is just something only I seem to care about, you can't attack thin air in FFTA...I like being able to attack thin air (to not be given the option...). Thrid, that "laws" system in FFTA is the dumbest idea I've ever seen (my opinion).

Yellow
08-17-2004, 10:53 PM
oh yea, whats with the.. judge, laws, and wtf?? Yellow and Red cards?! Is that thing in FFT also?

those cards were the most retarded things I have ever seen in my life.. I attacked this goblin thing and I got a red card and it said game over. WTF DID I DO WRONG?!

..I stopped playing FFTA after that :mad:

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button. -Murder

unknown88
08-18-2004, 12:26 AM
In FFTA if your main character (Marche) gets a red card, is game over, laws are very annying in that game, probably what ruined it IMO, but don't worry, in FFT you don't have that, be careful though, because in FFT characters will dissapear if left dead for a while, a big difference from FFTA.

FFT is one of the best FF's, you should get it, and its difficulty level is considerably high in many battles, much higher than most recent FF's. I've played it since I was 8 years old and I still enjoy playiung it. If they only made another.

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 04:17 AM
yeah, i should get this wonderful sounding game too...

ermm, SQUARE?, how about a UK release? :mad2:

Msilver
10-16-2004, 09:23 AM
GET. THIS. GAME.

thats really all there is to it. great storyline and gameplay... coolest looking lancer ever. I cried when i beat it the first time, because it was over. didn't stop me from playing off my old save file and pimping out my party. story is much better than ffta, and it makes you think about your chars and plan, seeing as they can acctually die. you can do awsome things like put armor on your mages if you learn the skill. so its very coustomizalbe. and, I can't stress this enough, best storyline ever. in any game, ever. ever. ever.

my humble opinion

Average_Samurai
10-22-2004, 04:45 PM
I could never possibly think of a reason for you not to get this game.

It had the best Job system of all the FFs with Job Systems.

It was probably the most customizable of systems in any FF game, I still have yet to play another game that offers anywhere near as many options.

The story is absolutely beautiful. No words can describe how good and adult it is.

All of these things make FFTAdvance a big dissapointment if you wanted a sequel to FFT. I donīt like the skill system using items, I want to learn what I want to learn. I donīt like having to worry about what the new rule is for each battle, especially since the bad guys can break rules all they want. I donīt like the other races.

Now that I have gone sufficiently off topic I will try to talk about why else FFT is the best.

The gameplay just changed over and over throughout the course of a single game. For example, Mustadio is awesome when you first get him and he can snipe people from far away and shoot their legs, but towards the end of the game those abilities become useless. Mustadio is still a good character, though, if you keep moving him. The same is true of every character.