08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
-graphics
-gameplay
-characters
-story

wut about urs?

Scandalous
08-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Story comes first because the story is intriguing, characters second because those involved with the story (Shuyin and Lenne) are even more intriguing in my opinion.

The graphics are excellent, but I don't depend on them to make a game good.

Gameplay...well, I can tolerate any style of gameplay. Hell, I even tolerated FF8's, which was absolutely maddening to anyone with a short patience span, but again, it was alright.

m4tt
08-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Job system, battle system (nice and fast), humor.

Ellerkerm
08-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Shuyin almost look like Tidus from FFX(evil part of him)

I'm on my fourth time through the game because I want to get the mascot dressphere.

I really like the storyline,characters as well.

Carnage
08-13-2004, 12:27 AM
X had a better story line but X-2 had better replay value. I like the dressphere system similiar to FF5. Graphics kick ass to. Characters where nothing new cept for paine but she didnt really add much.

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Graphics were very nice, though starting 2 look dated now.

characters were good. however game play and story both sucked, espiclary compared to the genius of ffX. thats just me though(and alot of other ppl).

Trumpet Thief
08-13-2004, 07:22 PM
chaos: The graphics were very good, and it was quite funny at times...

Rubedo: It also didn't put too much pressure on you about anything.

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 07:53 PM
hey, i like Rubedo. he has a split personality of sum kind...

Trumpet Thief
08-13-2004, 07:55 PM
chaos: Yay!

Rubedo: I feel special now!

Ultima Shadow
08-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Shadow: Hey, I also want to feel special!

Ultima Weapon: Just shut up! :rolleyes2

lol ;)

Graphics= good.
Everything else= bad. :p

Cloudane
08-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Just Plain Fun. That's the be-all and end-all of it :)

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 11:18 PM
well u cant argue with that. a game can suck on almost every rational level and still be fun, as was ffX-2.

Ryth
08-13-2004, 11:28 PM
*story
*non-linear gameplay
*Characters
*battle system
*graphics
*Yuna isn't as damn annoying.

Rubudo um one question what's up with the multiple personalty Chaos?

.htorihpes (he-tour-e-hips): Cuz' it is fun to act as other people and piss other people off but they can't yell at you they yell at me and I don't give a crap about there complaints.

Sephiroth.: Yeah it is gonna take a while to get use to, what a wierd name.

.htorihpes: Yours backwards and yes I will follow you everywhere!

Sephiroth.: PERV (vomits out .htorihpes personality and exorcises .htorihpes and he burns up) yay I'm back with one personality.

Sekamoth.: Nuh_uh!!!!!!

Sephiroth: Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sekamoth.: Come on it'll be fun!

Sephiroth.: Fine but don't expect to come out too much.

Sekamoth.: Okay and I'll leave you alone when using the bathroom and getting dressed and sleeping.

Sephiroth.: That's better.

Trumpet Thief
08-13-2004, 11:30 PM
well u cant argue with that. a game can suck on almost every rational level and still be fun, as was ffX-2.

chaos: That's like what I think of FFX-2. Though, I started to get fond of it, rather than hate it for a long time.

Rubedo: But the graphics were very good., but they had to make up for the rest of the game...

Kilika
08-14-2004, 02:35 AM
I like that Kilika was rebuilt! YAY FOR KILIKA! :D

Carnage
08-14-2004, 04:07 AM
Rubudo um one question what's up with the multiple personalty Chaos?

Its like when the captain says good night all or whatever

Trumpet Thief
08-14-2004, 04:27 AM
Rubedo: Exactly what Carnage said...

chaos: Hey, I'm supposed to be first!

Del Murder
08-15-2004, 05:05 PM
I liked the return of the job system and Paine's humor.

Snowman
08-15-2004, 05:10 PM
FF8 was teh easyest and most adaptive ff ever...you can get thousands of HP as soon as you embark on your first miision. anyway.

paine..humour...are you sure you played teh right game lol

RIKKU, pure and simple, best part of FFX2 (when her but rises as she swims in blitze..yum)

Del Murder
08-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Paine has the subtle dry humor that is much like my own.

Snowman
08-15-2004, 05:31 PM
"cough you mean none cough" :D

Cloudane
08-18-2004, 12:55 AM
I see it. She's a fellow Brit if I ever saw one in a game :)

UltimateSpamGrover
08-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Its like when the captain says good night all or whatever

Its "take care all"

Rye
08-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Honestly, I didn't like this game that much. It was fun, but the storyline sucked.

It lacked romance, though it did have the Shuyin and Lenne secret in it which was practically the only reason I played. I was dissapointed by how the failed to talk about what happened at the end of FFX enough. They barely touched on it, and I wanted to see how everyone in the story coped.

The mini-games were fun though. Definatly an improvement over FFX's minigames which were more like work than games. *Shudder* Blitzball...

The graphics were beautiful, though it's not enough of an improvement over FFX's to make me like it better.

Snowman
08-18-2004, 06:07 PM
im a Brit Cloudane....from teh northeast, an i garentee you paine is no example of the british in any way.

the graphics for FFX2 were a little more advanced, but not much

Cloudane
08-18-2004, 06:27 PM
I'm from the North West. Perhaps it's more akin to local "humour" rather than national *shrugs*

Auron-
08-26-2004, 05:01 AM
FFX-3 <--- About Shuin and Lenne.....???? what u guys think?

Triple T
08-26-2004, 01:53 PM
There is no FFX-3

Anyway, I love the Ability system. Mastering all my jobs on Chaper 1 was long but worth it. :D I also liked the character/character's clothes and the humour.

was dissapointed by how the failed to talk about what happened at the end of FFX enough. They barely touched on it, and I wanted to see how everyone in the story coped.

I don't think that subject would be appropriate to talk about in front of Yuna...

Foo-N-Tifa4eva
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
I really liked the story. X-2 has become my fav of all the FFs, even more so than X. I liked how the search for Tidus, the whole Crimson Squad storyline, and bad boy Shuyin were all intertwined. There was more than one story which surrounded various characters and it took me 3 playthroughs and 100% to completely appreciate the stories of the game.

Shadow_Talon
10-05-2004, 11:22 AM
So far FFX-2 is my fav final fantasy game. the graphics are killer, the sound is interesting, they way they mixed different styles of music worked well....battle system shocked me at first but then got a handle on, made things seem somewhat realistic. storyline is so far the best i have played, and the fact u have a significant impact on here the game goes (especially which group u allign with). overall a great game, and good to see some famillar characters as well as new ones! i give it a thumbs up lol. what i thought was very clever, and well done by square, was the characters of lenne ad shuyin. it gives players something to think about, seeing as both share similarities of yuna and tidus, lets the imagination run wild a bit......loved every minute of it

Trinity
10-05-2004, 02:30 PM
really the games has power , speed and girlpower..
but just about the ff games , they are how life is only seen from a diffrent prospective. offcourse there is always a love story but we love that dont we? it is so much more then just a game..the fantasy is how we want it to be right? but we cant , we just cant kill people because theyre bad.. only in games you know what im saying.. well enough moral speaking . but this is just my opinion :D

Jolts
10-05-2004, 05:19 PM
In no particular order (other than memory recall)

Liked:
Dressphere (Job) System
Battle System
Paine
Story
Special Dresspheres
Plenty of mini-games
"Kick-its-ass!"
Non-linear
I realize they're not real, but a lot of chicks wearing nearly nothing :lol:
Possibly more that I can't remember

Didn't like:
A plethora of crap you can miss if you don't do things just right
Some mini-games, like some of FFX's, are very difficult
Chocobo Raising System
Character control (when walking/running) is sometimes difficult. Just like with FFX, if the camera changes, and you keep holding the same direction, Yuna/Tidus will keep going forward.

Trinity
10-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I agree with most of them , especially the part when you miss things and cant get any further.. that really sucks :mad:

and the chicks are not bad, but what about the man !! I feel so unhappy. ;)

Jolts
10-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Forgot something. This belongs in the "Didn't like" part: Lack of overdrives/limit breaks and summons. The speacial dresspheres can take place of overdrives/limit breaks, I guess, but still no summons :(. I guess having summons would screw up the story and all, but still...they're calssic...

Trinity
10-06-2004, 06:45 PM
yeah thats true , but I find it more irritating when you make one step you have to fiight! aahw... very innoing :mad: but hey it cant be perfect right?

Jolts
10-06-2004, 06:58 PM
I also hate it when you're one step away from exiting to another place, and you have to fight. Or when you're in the middle of doing something, and you have to fight a billion times, which might cause you to forget what you were doing (my short-term memory isn't all the great). However, those go for all RPGs. Another thing I liked about this game is that it's the only game I know of that has more than one playable characters in which all are female. I've heard of Sailor Moon games, but I've never played any of them, so I wouldn't know if there are male roles or not.

Trinity
10-07-2004, 02:25 PM
the same he said... but about the female thing... I really liked it when for the first time I could play ff with a chick! it is so good for my girlpower mojo :D

Jolts
10-07-2004, 06:27 PM
What's strange is, when you're doing something, you fight often, but when you're trying to fight, the battles seem to be a lot less frequent.

Trinity
10-10-2004, 02:59 PM
yeah really scary... as if they know.. ooeew! ;)

Flamed-Fire
10-26-2004, 08:37 PM
FFx-2 is ok, but a lot of things are rubbish

da graphics aren't as good as i expected, and the story line is more of a charlies angels movie than a FF game

AND they ruined the tradition of having Ifrit, Shiva and bahamut as summons/gf things!!

**SOB**

+ im from the uk- we don't all have dry humour, I DONT. :D

Juniper Jade
10-27-2004, 12:54 AM
I loved the chaarcters. The story was alright, but I think that is third and second would be gameplay. I love the new battle system, just wished they had kept the sphere grid. I love the sphere grid system. Graphics are never important to me. Sure they add something to the game, but if the story is good enough and the characters are developed good enough, a game that has crummy graphics can still be the best one out there. I think so anyway.

Uh right back on topic, lol. I adore the dress shpere syestem. It is such a unique idea! And plus I love that the leading characters are ALL girls

yuki the thief
11-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Well... I would say that as Rikku, i really loved Paine's sarcastic humors. it's better than hearing Brother's ugly voice (aarrrgggh!! somebody please stop him talking!!! :barf: as me, i like Rikku much than Yuna!! Rikku Rocks!! :rock: that's why i play this game. oh yeah, the songs are great too!! and at least, i like the Japanese Version by Koda Kumi a lot than the English Version by Jade of Sweetbox :D

lulusgirl
01-02-2005, 06:24 PM
ffx2's outfits are way cool !!!!!!!! they're my favorate !!!!!!!!!!!!!