PDA

View Full Version : hey square, what about ff3?

Arioch
08-12-2004, 11:52 PM
i just want to know why square sell ff1, ff2, ff4, ff5, ff6, ...... then and now (origins, chronicles, ...) but thereīs no ff3. why??? and why they are going to launch ff1 and 2 on game boy advance, but no one knows nothing about the third chapter? is ff3 cursed? i want to complete my ff collection, but itīs impossible!!

Ultima Shadow
08-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Yea, that really sux. I want it!!!!!! :(

TasteyPies
08-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Download an emulater and rom :P

Ultima Shadow
08-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Download an emulater and rom :P
It's just that I want to OWN the game. :p

TasteyPies
08-13-2004, 01:01 AM
So own a file.

DJZen
08-13-2004, 04:17 AM
They were going to release it for WSC. Then they ran into cartridge size limitations, so it got "indefinitely postponed". Now they say they're going to do it for GBA, but in Japan, Squenix has asked fans what games they'd like to see remade for DS. So in other words, they wanted to, they just never got around to it.

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 06:45 PM
owning a file is not owning the game. files get deleted, games have nice instruction books and boxs and look nice in your ff collection.

and i,d also like it remade. and i,m sick of my ffIII save getting deleted by the stuiped computer.

Arioch
08-14-2004, 02:20 PM
yeah, thatīs what i want, to own the original reedited ff3, with a cool box, a great instruction booklet, new graphics (like ff1 and 2) , amanoīs paintings, and in english, plz!

Max the Man
08-26-2004, 04:53 PM
yeah, thatīs what i want, to own the original reedited ff3, with a cool box, a great instruction booklet, new graphics (like ff1 and 2) , amanoīs paintings, and in english, plz!

you 2? someone said they aren't gonna release in the US cause of FFVI's popularity (Square america stupidly released it as Final Fantasy III, as most of u know...) :cry:

DJZen
08-27-2004, 04:32 AM
original reedited ff3

Sorry, I just thought that was kinda funny.

FFIV was originally released as FFII, and it was wildly popular, but that didn't stop Square from re-making the real FFII and releasing it in the US (FINALLY!!!! I know, y'all hate the game, I call it a long overdue installment). No, FFVI's popularity isn't stopping them from giving us FFIII. The lack of a version that would be considered acceptable by today's standards is preventing them. If it gets remade for GBA or DS we'll probably get that over here. Will we get it for PS? I seriously hope so.

-N-
08-27-2004, 06:11 AM
I once asked the same questions, myself. Then I played FFIIIj and found it so godawful I never asked them again.

Dante WolfWood
09-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Well, does anyone know where I can download A FULLY translated FF3? I downloaded so many and the translation screwed at the same point everytime....>.>

(also, I dont FF3j sucked,, I think its pretty decentm as far as I've been anyway)

TasteyPies
09-18-2004, 03:55 PM
I want to play ff3 again now....

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 04:39 PM
u know i really dont care about this game now. i have it on emulator and it seems 2 have lost its charm.

TasteyPies
09-18-2004, 05:31 PM
u know i really dont care about this game now. i have it on emulator and it seems 2 have lost its charm.

It does kinda suck. If they decided to sell it they would have to rework all the menus and job systems to make it more user friendly. AND get rid of that dumb "defenseless" thing. Im tired of getting killed by a bee that got lucky and hit me for 500 damage.

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 07:48 PM
very true. i would still like it so i can complete my collection. but i can not see myself playing it more then once or really enjoying it.

if they did sum kind of *ffIII, Dawn of souls 2* or sumthin 4 the GBA then i would be more interested. :D

Hinky the Pickle
09-18-2004, 08:29 PM
I hated how in FF3 you had to unequip your weapons and armour every time you wanted to change your job classes. >_<

DJZen
09-18-2004, 09:37 PM
You people are SPOILED.

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 09:39 PM
how so DJzen? :)

Chris
09-18-2004, 10:07 PM
The Onion Kids/knights whatever, kinda looks like the Lilty race from Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Sorta...
http://www.geocities.com/nesfaqs/Pictures/FFShrine/onionkid.gif http://www.ffshrine.org/ffcc/Images/lilty.jpg

DJZen
09-19-2004, 01:05 AM
I hated how in FF3 you had to unequip your weapons and armour every time you wanted to change your job classes. >_<

That's how.

aeris2001x2
09-19-2004, 01:10 AM
hmm, well i never thought of that before...but that is pretty annoying. sum bad interface there. changing Job should auto take off your equipment.

Dante WolfWood
09-19-2004, 04:46 PM
lol, that is spoiled, I loved the job changing style of FF3, thats probably my favorite FF game b4 FFVII so far...still gotta get a fully translated one tho...>.>

Takara
09-19-2004, 07:02 PM
I think the one you can download here at EOFF is fully translated in English, but seeing I have not finished it yet, I could be wrong.

DJZen
09-19-2004, 07:40 PM
The one I have is fully translated. I can't speak for the quality of that translation though...

chionos
09-24-2004, 08:37 AM
www.freeroms.com has a translated ff3 it has bad sound though, so you might want to turn the emulator sound off and blast some ffi or ffii mp3s :P

ff3 is like some bad mix of ff1 and ff5. I'm having fun playing it, but it lacks a certain flair and individuality to set it apart from the other ff's. and something else.....oh yeah, the story kinda bumbles along. Sometimes you have NO clue what you're supposed to do next, but luckily the size of the world(tiny) makes it easy to figure it out.

UltimateSpamGrover
09-24-2004, 10:30 AM
is FF3 the sequel to FF1?

all of your replies is making me think that.

aeris2001x2
09-24-2004, 01:04 PM
ffIII is just a rehash of ffI, and gets boring very quickly i,ve found.

chionos
09-24-2004, 07:42 PM
No, it's not a sequal. None of the final fantasies share any kind of storyline. Well, until now I guess with FFXII, whose world is taken from FFTactics.
It is its own game. But like aeris said it's just a rehash. It's like taking a 69 mustang and giving it a paint job and saying it's a new car....or something.
Play it though, neway. It's a fun game regardless of its deficiencies.

DJZen
09-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Hmmm..... Not QUITE a rehash. There's some very big differences.

New classes: FFI had 6 selectable classes (with the upgrade it was sort of expanded to 12, but many were just more powerful versions of the prior class. The Master was not different from the Monk, for example). FFIII has Summoners, Geomancers, Berserkers, Archers, Magic Knights..... There's a lot of debate about which classes are actually useful, but there's definitely more versatility.

New spells: this sorta goes without saying, every new FF game has new spells. This one introduced some cool ones that became mainstays though.

Job switching: You can change your job at any time in FFIII. In FFI you had what you started with and except for the upgrade, that was it. It made you think ahead more, but again, you can be more versatile when you can change out at any time.

Equipment management: You can equip two weapons at once. On anyone. In fact, it's sort of considered the only way to go about equipping yourself in this game.

Dungeon types: This is a pretty big one. Some dungeons force you to have a status cast on your party in order to enter it. A lot of people actually hate this about the game. I can personally say that going through a whole dungeon while mini is rough.

there's enough differences to warrant playing through it if you've already played FFI. Just like there's enough differences to warrant playing FFIX if you've already played FFIV.

chionos
09-25-2004, 05:15 PM
I HATE the mini/frog etc dungeons. They dungeons are hard enough without being a little weak-ass midget.

I said to play it. But it IS a lot like FFI. It's a whole lot closer to I than IV is to IX. I'm not saying that there aren't new things there, because there are. But it just feels like square took the same recipe they used for ffi, threw it in a bowl with some spices, shook it up, and served it as a new game. There's certainly more differences between all of the other games in the series than there was in the first 3. But again, that's not to say you shouldn't play the game. I've actually spent a lot more time playing FFIII than i've spent with FFXI, which is a HUGE accomplishment.

Carnage
09-25-2004, 06:20 PM
I think III is closer to V and X-2. Then III is to I and IV is to IX

TasteyPies
09-25-2004, 09:08 PM
I think the second world is so big its pissing me off.

It needs a better world map...which reminds me, how is a piece of bread made by midgets = a map?