PDA

View Full Version : Worst Anime ever

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 06:31 PM
so what Anime gets your vote for the lowest of the low?

well definitly New Gall force. its awful animation, story, voice acting and character design mark it out as a real loser.

DBGT also sucks majorly. after the genius of Dragonball and Dragonball Z, i cant describe its disapointment.

other Animes that reign in the Dirt are, Odin, Shuten Doji, Adventure Duo, Violence jack, Tokoyo Revelation, Makuyu Senjo, Beyblade, Digimon(English version after Ist seris), Pokemon(after Ash parts with Richie), Macross II, street fighter Alpha, Vampire Wars

so what do u think reeks?

Trumpet Thief
08-13-2004, 06:34 PM
chaos: Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon *shudder*, Beyblade, Tenchi's Universe.

Rubedo: And Gundam Wing is the best Anime ever made!

Erdrick Holmes
08-13-2004, 07:05 PM
G Gundam.

escobert
08-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah G gundam sucked. Also the little kid crap sucks.

Kilika
08-14-2004, 02:18 AM
chaos: Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon *shudder*, Beyblade, Tenchi's Universe.

Rubedo: And Gundam Wing is the best Anime ever made!

Gundam Wing was AWESOME! I didn't like G-Gundam....Kinda annoying...GUNDAM FIGHT FINAL SET! REAAAADYYY! GOOOO! Oh please shut up! BUt if there was one thing about G-Gundam that was cool was god gundam...it just looked really cool.

Agent Proto
08-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Gundam Wing, ah yes, I kinda remember being part of the Fearsome Five using Gundam related avatars. :)

escobert
08-14-2004, 02:52 AM
My first sn here was TrowaBartonIV :p. Yeah the only think I liked about G Gundam was the cockpit. I dunno why but i kinda liked that better then the other shows. Although the other shows cockpits were more realistic the G Gundams would probably ever be.

Trumpet Thief
08-14-2004, 03:09 AM
chaos: His real name is Triton Bloom, and he was my favorite character, although, Odin Lowe Jr. was pretty cool too.

Rubedo: Coincidentally, Catherine was Triton's sister.

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 03:14 AM
Poker men Poke' mon'

RSL
08-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Picking the worst anime is like picking the stinkiest kind of poo. Even at its best it still smells like crap.

Trumpet Thief
08-14-2004, 03:23 AM
Picking the worst anime is like picking the stinkiest kind of poo. Even at its best it still smells like crap.

Albedo: Ah, but alas, Gundam Wing is the toilet hidden under that pile of poop.

fire_of_avalon
08-14-2004, 04:36 AM
Albedo: Ah, but alas, Gundam Wing is the toilet hidden under that pile of poop.
....I don't get it.

*goes to do something else*

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-14-2004, 06:20 AM
All of it.

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 12:41 PM

ok, i think u have confused Anime with sumthin else, since the only thing better then the best Anime's is ffVI/ffVII...

UltimateSpamGrover
08-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Any anime that is racist, is the anime that I hate eg: (Pokemon, Dragonball, DBZ, DBGT,) I can go on forever

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 01:20 PM
i have never noticed racism in any of those Anime's...where was it?

UltimateSpamGrover
08-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Pokemon: Jynx
Dragonball : Mr. Popo
Cyborg 009: 00 something (forgot, mainly because I dont care)

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 01:27 PM
what, they have a character that is black? how is that racist?

UltimateSpamGrover
08-14-2004, 01:30 PM
All of it.

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 01:31 PM
hmmm, jynx says his name alot??? Popo is kami's servant???...nope i honestly dont c any racism...

UltimateSpamGrover
08-14-2004, 01:38 PM
heres an example

http://www.tbwt.com/views/specialrpt/special%20report-1_1-5-00.asp

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 01:45 PM
lol, thats pathetic. next your be saying TV sets that are black are racist for they a metaphor for black people as household appliances/slaves etc

you can make anything out 2 be racist these days. stop reading between the lines what isnt there...

UltimateSpamGrover
08-14-2004, 01:46 PM
EDIT: I dont want to be rude, so I deleted it ^^

Aeris, if only you knew the hardships we had to go through... if only you knew...

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 01:47 PM
I think Grover may have a point, but may is the key word.

There are alot of links to African American culture and the way some japanese people view it (But hey, every country has its bad apples) but it all may be a coincidence and the article the result of a very bored man/woman who needed something to attack.

Edit: Grover, continue to explain your personal hardships.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-14-2004, 01:50 PM
at least someone may be siding with me...

EDIT: its not my personal hardships, its the hardships of African-Americans as a whole

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 01:55 PM
i,m sorry if i have offended you Grover. i,m not saying there is not any racism...i just dont see it in the above examples.

i believe its possible to interpret things in so many different ways. so much so that its possible to read racism in almost ANYTHING.

todays culture has made things like the "baa baa black sheep" nursery rhyme racist and its just political correctness gone mad...

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Grover, im going to stop myself from getting into this arguement.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-14-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm going to stop as well. Aeris,you have your own opinions, and I have mine

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 02:01 PM
lol, well it was a tangent from the thread title. and it was a debate, not an arguement.

why do i feel like i,ve been made out 2 be sum kind of villian?

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 02:06 PM
You aren't, you were just supporting a third side of the debate that moraly and socialy Okey-dokey.

It made sense too. I feel that way alot.

Trumpet Thief
08-14-2004, 05:24 PM
chaos: *Ahem* You guys are going off topic a little. Can we please continue worshipping Gundam Wing?

Rubedo: Now look, you made Quatre cry.

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Ok, I loved Gundam wing, I watched it all the time.

They should start airing it again!

Trumpet Thief
08-14-2004, 05:35 PM
chaos: I agre. So many plot holes that could only be fixed by reading the "Ground Zero" Mangas. I studied the backgrounds of all the characters, and I wanted them to continue the damn show! IT was way better than the other Gundam shows like... the stupid ones!

Rubedo: Trowa was definetly the coolest, but we shouldn't be fighting at all!

SomethingBig
08-14-2004, 09:26 PM
DBZ's pretty godawful. Same goes for Kirby, Megaman NT Warrior, Sonic X, Big O, I know I'm missing another one...

IronMaidenHikari
08-15-2004, 02:28 AM
All them boring shoujo anime... hate all those annoying chibis and girls that goes :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: when they see a hot looking guy down th street![and that guy in my opinion is very ugly<eg: Texido Kamen>]

Cloud_99
08-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Vampire Wars

Damn straight. By far the worst anime ever, and I mean ever made. seriously balls. Never watch this unless you have an urge to make yourself retch in filthy disgust, or to claw out your own eyes in a vain attempt to bore out the anus that is this film. Right that's my rant over with... Enjoy!

Germ Hamee
08-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Gahahaha, I don't know why, but it's hilarious to me that there are people on a Final Fantasy board of all things that hate anime. What a contradiction. XD

Anywaaaay... o.O That question is impossible to answer. As much as I love anime, there's a messload of crap there that is all equally horrible. (Hentai, gaaaah, fan service, gaaah) If anything I would have to go with what I feel is the most over-rated... so I say .hack//SIGN. Gah. Nifty idea, GREAT music, but sooo boring. I don't see how it got as popular as it is, but it needs to go away.

Imperia
08-15-2004, 06:20 PM
I didn't like G Gundam very much. It was too hyper. I didn't like Ronin Warriors that much. I thought it was kind of boring. I couldn't stand Blue Gender, or Reign.

I pretty much dislike Mecha anime as a whole (Gundam Wing's an exception though). That, and card game anime.

TasteyPies
08-15-2004, 06:37 PM
.hack//SIGN, I don't see how it got as popular as it is

Video game.

Trumpet Thief
08-15-2004, 06:56 PM
chaos: Lest we forget, Gundam Wing is still the best thing ever made.

Rubedo: Pokemon and Digimon are the sux0rs. Can't convince me otherwise.

Germ Hamee
08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Video game.

...yes...? What about the games?

TasteyPies
08-16-2004, 12:18 AM
The games are the reason for the shows popularity imo.

People who play the game want to watch and people who watch want to play the game.

Takara
08-16-2004, 12:41 AM
Shows like Pokémon, Digimon, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh and all their clones. I hate them because they're pretty much the only shows that are actually mainstream, and then everyone not a fan of anime watch them and conclude that all anime is crap. :eep:

I'm not a big fan of Dragonball Z either. Goku powers up for 5 episodes then spends the next 3 episodes punching the bad guy. Bad Guy and Goku then argue for the following 2 episodes. Bad guy then decides to jump into the pissing contest and powers up for the following 6 episodes, then beats the crap of Goku for then next 2 episodes. Next 3 episodes consist of Goku pretty much going all "Nya nya! Didn't hurt!" *gets up* *powers up for the next 10 episodes*". Meanwhile, Gohan and the little bald guy wish no nose whose name I'm forgetting spend all this time trying to find out what 2+2 equals to in order to solve the big boring puzzle to awaken whatever super good guy who will later go help Goku beat the crap out of the bad guy. Lather, rinse, repeat. >_<

That's pretty much what the shows looks like to me.

escobert
08-16-2004, 02:14 AM
The games are the reason for the shows popularity imo.

People who play the game want to watch and people who watch want to play the game.
That's why I started playing .Hack. I watched the shows first. I <3 .HACK/sign. The games were ok.

Trumpet Thief
08-16-2004, 02:26 AM
chaos: GuNdAm wInG sTiLl RoCks!

Rubedo: YeS iT sTiLl DoEs!

crono_logical
08-16-2004, 02:26 AM
I hate Chobits and Cowboy Bebop - they're both ridiculously overrated and they both bored me to death when I attempted to watch them :p

black orb
08-16-2004, 04:13 AM
>>> Naruto.. hahaha..

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-16-2004, 04:18 AM
Dragon Ball really isn't that great because the plot is... how shall I put this... not there. Honestly it's horrible, it doesn't get more cliche, predictable, and utterly pointless than that.

Pokemon suffers from this too.

escobert
08-16-2004, 05:25 AM
I liked dragon ball but Z was just meh and I haven't really watched GT yet.

aeris2001x2
08-17-2004, 07:50 PM
I hate Cowboy Bebop - they're ridiculously overrated and they bored me to death when I attempted to watch them :p

i think i,m gonna be sick. u dont like Bebop??
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Germ Hamee
08-17-2004, 08:21 PM
>>> Naruto.. hahaha..

I agree with you 100%. The first... five or so eps, were really enjoyable, but after that it just went down the toilet. ><

escobert
08-17-2004, 08:54 PM
i think i,m gonna be sick. u dont like Bebop??
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I love Outlaw Star but I cant stand cowboy bebop.

Erdrick Holmes
08-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Gene Starwing > Vash and Spike. Gene's a true badass, Vash is too much of a goofball and Spike is to mellow.

m4tt
08-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Any show that can have a single battle last 20 episodes is really lame. "Oh hohoho I'm almost out of power, oh wait no I'm not! Kacamamakakaka!!!"

So yeah, pretty much all anime sucks.

I only like the "fake" anime. Teen Titans, Pokemon blahdeeblah.

escobert
08-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Any show that can have a single battle last 20 episodes is really lame. "Oh hohoho I'm almost out of power, oh wait no I'm not! Kacamamakakaka!!!"

So yeah, pretty much all anime sucks.

I only like the "fake" anime. Teen Titans, Pokemon blahdeeblah.
That's pretty much just DBZ

m4tt
08-17-2004, 09:30 PM
That's pretty much just DBZ

Yeah, I know. I should of worded it better. Let's just say I don't like anime. :p

Doomgaze
08-17-2004, 09:59 PM
ninja scroll.

CloudSquallandZidane
08-17-2004, 10:27 PM
I love Outlaw Star but I cant stand cowboy bebop.

A person who doesnt like CB?! (*KIlls*)

Outlaw Star is awesome as well.

I hate DB and DBGT, but DBZ was good... until somewhere inside the Buu Saga.

Chaos
08-17-2004, 11:38 PM
I've seen the Cowboy Bebop film, it was pretty cool. I haven't seen any of the series though, I'm presuming there are series.

I'm not a great Anime lover, I went though about a 10 month phase when I was about 13 of OMG ANIME R0X!!!! And I watched everything I could lay my hands on. or tried too...I got about half way through uhm, Devil Man, or something like that, and I got grossed out. >.<

Other than that, I think Appleseed was a really boring film. Didn't really get into it, and I didn't like the animation. Watched it at about 3 in the morning though, which could of contributed to my dislike. I don't like being awake after 2.

Ah well. The only anime I really watch now is stuff my Boyfriend makes me watch hehehe.

Chaos

Trumpet Thief
08-17-2004, 11:40 PM
chaos: I've always hated DBZ and DB. Dragon Ball was just way too stupid. It never felt adventerous, rather, just some dumb little kid with a cloud.

Rubedo: And don't even get me started with Dragon Ball Z. When Goku was battling Freiza, they had five minutes 'till the planet exploded. Sadly, those five minutes went through 5 episodes. They took way too long to power up, and fight scenes lasted way to long. I'm pretty sure Goku took at least a whole Episode to power up...

Super Christ
08-18-2004, 12:38 AM
The worst anime I've ever seen is the sonic the hedgehog anime. Not Sonic X, the one they made before that, in 1999 or so. I really liked the music, too bad everything else about it sucked.

I, for one, liked Dragonball GT a lot more than Dragonball Z. It's definitely far from my favorite, but still better than the series before it. (And I don't mean the crap dub funimation did. I mean the original version of dragonball GT.) The reason is because it gets to the point a lot faster. Most fights in the series lasted considerably less than an episode, around 5 minutes or so. I think the longest one in the entire series is maybe 3 episodes. None of the 5 minutes of story taking 5 episodes crap. That, and the series size was much more managable - 64 episodes for the entire series.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-18-2004, 12:51 AM
That's why I started playing .Hack. I watched the shows first. I <3 .HACK/sign. The games were ok.

what about .hack//legend of the twilight?

escobert
08-18-2004, 01:48 AM
I downloaded acouple eposodes a years or so ago but I haven't watched much of the series.

TasteyPies
08-18-2004, 09:27 PM
I don't like all anime because DBZ sucks

You shouldn't judge all anime by one bad TV show

I'd just like to say, regarding the whole anime thing, it's just a style. Drawing characters a certain way doesn't make them any more or less mature. If you want to see what I'm talking about, watch Ninja Scroll, then watch Hamtaro, then watch Serial Experiments Lain, then watch Yu-Gi-Oh!, then watch Akira. Anime is capable of being incredible stupid and childish, just it's also capable of being deep and mature

Fuzakeru
08-18-2004, 10:10 PM
I enjoy Cowboy Bebop becuase it seemed to draw a lot of attention to more mature anime ( When Adult Swim FIRST started it was the last show or last two shows . . . don't remember ) when all we had was DBZ, Pokemon, and YuGiOh ( Yes, I play the damn dueling monsters game cause my little brother likes it ).
Ninja Scroll's animination ( as well as Reign's ) really turned me off. I can't seem to get in to an anime unless it's tolerably drawn. GAH!! Especially Reign! >_<!
And I must say I am a HUGE fan of hentai and there needs to be much more fan service. ^_^-
Outlaw Star is my all-time favorite anime. <3 @ Aisha Clan Clan! Gene is a serious badass. Come on!! He's a drunken pervert but he's smooth too. <3

Edit - Der. I had collaspe in brain function. There was Sailor Moon and Outlaw Star and GunDUMB Wing and some others but they were on Toonami and not really taken that seriously to begin with. -sage nod- And that was only on Cartoon Network but all I have is basic cable so there could have been otheres on other stations too . . . O_o -shuts up now-

escobert
08-18-2004, 10:19 PM
There were other shows on Adult swim before pokemon and all that crap. Like blue Gender was on about ayear ago. .HACK was on ummm inyuasha there were a couple others.

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 01:53 AM
outlaw star is pretty decent, but it lacks the epicness and maturity of Bebop. seriously, Bebop is as deep as Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell, just on a very subtle level. some would argue this
makes it better , cause its deepness does not over come the fun factor.

Rubedo- the reason the 5 minutes went so slow on namek is because they were battling at such a fast speed. in the end it took about ten minutes for Namek to explode, and that was about 10 episodes, so it was not that long.

Appleseed the anime is truely pathetic, which is a shame, because the Manga is one of the best ever.

Blue Gender is very good. the relationship development between marlene and Yugi was masterful.

Anyone seen Odin? seriously, i cant believe something could suck so much.