PDA

View Full Version : Ah: Sweet, Sweet Revenge.

Rainecloud
08-13-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm not normally a fan of revenge, but my conscience will have to take a back seat for this thread. Before going into detail, let me give you a bit of background concerning a personal enemy of mine:

He used to throw bricks at me in Primary School and punch me in the playground. He constantly made fun of me in front of the other children, and he dented my self-esteem with his constant sarcasm and nasty put-downs. I'd never done anything to this bully, but he seemed to hate me for some reason. Perhaps it was because I always did my work and he messed around in class with the "Rough Crowd". He always told me that I was a loser, and he constantly praised himself for being "Intelligent". He also told me that I'd be working for him someday.

Today, I ordered a pizza for my dinner. The delivery boy rang on my doorbell, and...can you guess who it was? Ah, yes. It was the aforementioned bully - delivering my pizza directly to my door. His face was a picture. Seeing him with his silly little hat on and a portion of garlic bread in his hand set me off laughing, and he knew exactly who I was, which made it all the more satisfying. To top it all off, I gave him an 80 pence tip. Heh.

Note: I don't condone revenge in any way, but you have to admit that having a former school bully deliver a pizza to your door and act courteously towards you is very, very satisfying. Plus, in my case, he really deserved it. So, he'll probably think twice before he throws a brick in my face again. Also, there's nothing wrong with working as a delivery boy. *nods*

To sum it all up - have you ever experienced sweet, sweet revenge/payback?

Kirobaito
08-13-2004, 08:53 PM
As some guy once said, "The best revenge is living well."

Look what happened to Marty McFly.

White Raven
08-13-2004, 08:55 PM
A guy that always made fun of me in gradeschool, got into a car accident, a couple of years ago and lost his leg as a result of it.

I just smiled when I heard aboot it :-) .

Nait
08-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Raine: that's not revenge. That's <i>poetic justice</i>.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-13-2004, 08:56 PM
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING A PIZZA BOY.
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Psychotic
08-13-2004, 08:57 PM
At my wedding I was shot by these really stupid looking people and left for dead in a coma.

Then I awoke out of the coma and went around stabbing them with a pointy sword. It was cool :D

Demerwen Owns
08-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Ultimate revenge = Living your life to its fullest, and when you're about to die you strap a pound of C4 to your chest and run as far as you can into the white house before you get gunned down and with your last bit of energy, pressing the igniter = instant win for the free peoples.

FightClubFan#47
08-13-2004, 09:09 PM
At my wedding I was shot by these really stupid looking people and left for dead in a coma. :D

oh ya! well My best friend and girlfriend shot me in the back and stole my money (100000?) so i went after them. i killed my exfriend, and then i hunted down his boss for my money. i then ran away with a hooker who i was cheating on my ex with. :tongue:

Triple T
08-13-2004, 09:15 PM
At my wedding I was shot by these really stupid looking people and left for dead in a coma.

Then I awoke out of the coma and went around stabbing them with a pointy sword. It was cool :D

Quentin Tarantino is not a stalker. >:o

Anyway, there was this guy in 1st and 2nd grade who used to pick on me. I hated him so much. So much that in 3rd grade I pushed him off the playground and he almost died. I got in trouble, but I didn't really care. I'm not in trouble anymore. :D

m4tt
08-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Ultimate revenge = Living your life to its fullest, and when you're about to die you strap a pound of C4 to your chest and run as far as you can into the white house before you get gunned down and with your last bit of energy, pressing the igniter = instant win for the free peoples.

Except for the few hundred free people who would probably be on a tour of the whitehouse at the time. Waytago terrorism. :rolleyes2

Cz
08-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Good for you, Raine. It's good to see that justice was done, and that you came out on top. I must say, that idiot thoroughly deserved it.

I haven't ever experienced revenge as sweet as yours. The closest I ever came was in at age 11, when I was taunted by one particular boy for being a 'weakling'. After one particular insult, I punched him square in the jaw and made him cry. His taunting stopped, and after some months we eventually became quite good pals.

The lesson is, violence solves everything. :D

Armisael
08-13-2004, 09:49 PM
I remember when i was 10-11 years old it was a guy 2 years older than me who always insulted me and teased me a lot without a reason.I always ignored him and didn't want to reply him.
And then the following summer i got an opportunity for revenge:I swam on the beach and i saw him with some of his friends.One of them suddenly took his swimsuit and started making fun with the others.George-the name of the guy-angry tried to take it back-his friends threw it one another- and surprisingly the swimsuit got next to me.I took it and swam as fast as i could to the beach and left it in the sand!A little while then one of his friends came and took it.
I could see George blushing from 100 metres away.I enjoyed it,he really deserved this for his behavior.
I don't think i'll ever forget this sweet-revenge-summer.

Demerwen Owns
08-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Except for the few hundred free people who would probably be on a tour of the whitehouse at the time. Waytago terrorism. :rolleyes2

- Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Logan
08-13-2004, 10:06 PM
I don't think I've ever had a good enough reason to want revenge on a person. :/

Lindy
08-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I don't care enough to want revenge.

m4tt
08-13-2004, 10:36 PM
I've never really had any revenge. The closest was a kind of "what goes around comes around" thing. This guy in highschool loved nothing more than to make my life miserable. In 10th grade he punched me square in the stomach after school for no reason, causing several people to stop and laugh at me. The funny thing was that he was a bigger nerd than I was/am. Bigger in the fact that he had less friends and was also taller and skinnier. On graduation day he tripped on his way up to get his diploma and fell right on his face. This caused all of the students and half the the parents/friends/audience people to laugh. That was good enough for me. :)

Kami
08-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Give me some sweet revengeeee!!

Yamaneko
08-13-2004, 10:56 PM
I don't know, vengence is pretty good.

Erdrick Holmes
08-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Well some kid broke my old GBA about a year ago. But when I got it fixed under warranty I dedcided it was time to get back at him. When he was getting off the bus to skill center I sorta pushed him off causing him to fault and break his wrist. Let that be a lesson, you touch my stuff don't expect to keep your limbs in one piece.

Soul Vagabond
08-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Ah, nothing like hearing stories about bullies getting what they deserve. The sad thing is, though, is that most bullies and gang members used to be good kids.
*Thinks* Back in middle school, there were a group of punks that thought they owned the school. Unfortunately, there was also another group of punks who thought they owned the joint. For about half the year, fights would break out in the hallways and innocents would be injured. (Only the phyche, most of the time) Heck, one girl got arrested for attacking a police officer in the cafeteria one day.
The thing is, lots of new members were recruited to both the gangs during that time. Alot of them were good kids that had good things goin' for them. In the end, all (Or most) of them were expelled. Those kids' lives probably went completely downhill from there. I will never understand why they did it...

FightClubFan#47
08-14-2004, 01:52 AM
I will never understand why they did it...

So they can be "popular"

Kilika
08-14-2004, 02:15 AM
As some guy once said, "The best revenge is living well."

Look what happened to Marty McFly.

Good Ol Marty...Nope I haven't taken any serious revenge on anyone...but I should. Oh well, "What comes around goes around" Right guys?

Demerwen Owns
08-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Good Ol Marty...Nope I haven't taken any serious revenge on anyone...but I should. Oh well, "What comes around goes around" Right guys?

In an ideal, closed universe, yes. However when you factor in the human element, it is quite rare for said karmic rule to take effect as baseless human greed most often interferes.

kikimm
08-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Whenever I do get revenge, it feels SO good for the first few minutes, but after that, so matter how much I hate the person, i start to feel extremely guilty about it. Like they didn't deserve it, blah blah. Sometimes, I really hate my conscience.

:D

Meat Puppet
08-14-2004, 10:48 AM
The enemy of mine is now a successful electrician, or was that plumber :confused: Either way, he's getting paid more than me.

Demerwen Owns
08-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Whenever I do get revenge, it feels SO good for the first few minutes, but after that, so matter how much I hate the person, i start to feel extremely guilty about it. Like they didn't deserve it, blah blah. Sometimes, I really hate my conscience.

:D

Guilt is an irrational emotion which doesn't occur in nature, society has softwired you to feel shame.

Female Ryuichi
08-14-2004, 10:52 AM
I have a list of people who I want revenge on in my locker. None of them have suffered yet, sans the evil Geography teacher who slipped down a flight of stairs while it was raining.

Nait
08-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Guilt is an irrational emotion which doesn't occur in nature, society has softwired you to feel shame.

Indeed. Without guilt, like you implied, we'd all be animals. Or at least closet to animality. :D

Demerwen Owns
08-14-2004, 01:05 PM
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

- Dr. Johnson

TasteyPies
08-14-2004, 01:54 PM

- Dr. Johnson

Ok, you can quote someone with DR. in his/her name, whats your point?

Nait
08-14-2004, 02:00 PM

- Dr. Johnson

Well, that's one things animals can't do. :D

*checks one for Humans*

Demerwen Owns
08-14-2004, 02:13 PM
The quote in and of itself is not noteworthy, however its source is what's really important, during the opening scene of Fear and Loathing in Las vegas that line is flashed for a few seconds. Anyone familiar with Thompsons writing would know that it reflects perfectly the stance I have.

Rye
08-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I am not the biggest fan of revenge either, but when someone deserves it I get them back two fold.

Silmaril
08-14-2004, 03:29 PM
I've never hated someone so much to want revenge. But good for you RC!

Mr. Graves
08-14-2004, 04:04 PM
The worst thing my father would want me to do is to be successful and make something of myself while making tons more money than he ever did through out the course of his time work as a janitor is some high school. In other words, I'm working on my sweet revenge.

...He didn't call me on my birthday as usual. I think he knows I've written him off.