08-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know of any?

SeeDRankLou
08-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Free as in free online usage?

Diablo II is the only one I know of.

ChaosCalibur
08-13-2004, 10:07 PM
I play runescape, It has both free and member worlds go here (http://www.runescape.com) to find out more

Lord Chainsaw
08-14-2004, 02:15 AM
I don't consider it an MMORPG, but Champions of Norrath is a free online RPG.

I'm basically trying to recruit for it because we desperately need some peeps.

I go on prime time and only see about 12 people in the lobby. Everyone is to scared to make a game, and when they do it fills up before it even appears on the list.

It's a hack and slash and reminds me a lot of Gauntlet, with the four people and all. It doesn't have as good music as Gauntlet though. You gotta admit the Skorne battle music from Gauntlet Dark Legacy owns all.

To to to too, to to to too, to to to too, to to to too!

Chzn8r
08-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Free as in free online usage?

Diablo II is the only one I know of.

Aye.

I don't think you'll find anything on the scale of Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, or Final Fantasy 11 to play online for free =/ Pity. That's the one thing keeping me from many of these great games.

kikimm
08-14-2004, 05:35 AM
Um, well, the ones I know of are: Fairyland, Runescape, Aspereta(sp?), and...damn, I forgot the last one. I think Planeshift is one, though I'm not completely sure. Tibia might be.

It's hard to find good ones, because most of those you either have to pay (duh) or you download, and then after a month or so, then they charge. Nobody seems to want to spread the love, freely. :cry:

:D

escobert
08-14-2004, 05:50 AM
Guild wars which will be comming out this fall I htink will be a HUGE game that is free to play online.

DMKA
08-14-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't consider it an MMORPG, but Champions of Norrath is a free online RPG.

I'm basically trying to recruit for it because we desperately need some peeps.

I go on prime time and only see about 12 people in the lobby. Everyone is to scared to make a game, and when they do it fills up before it even appears on the list.

It's a hack and slash and reminds me a lot of Gauntlet, with the four people and all. It doesn't have as good music as Gauntlet though. You gotta admit the Skorne battle music from Gauntlet Dark Legacy owns all.

To to to too, to to to too, to to to too, to to to too!
Link?

I don't think you'll find anything on the scale of Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, or Final Fantasy 11 to play online for free =/ Pity. That's the one thing keeping me from many of these great games.
Well there is Priston Tale, but its a 600MB software download, and I'm on dial up...it is free though, and comes close to said quality, from what I hear atleast.

Erdrick Holmes
08-14-2004, 08:23 PM
http://www.muonlineforum.tk/ I just got hooked onto this.

Lord Chainsaw
08-15-2004, 01:29 AM
Link?

I'm going to assume you want a link to the Champions of Norrath site, and not to the Skorne battle music. Which is a shame too, because I can't find the Skorne battle music anywhere on the internet.

http://championsofnorrath.station.sony.com/

The game has five chapters and three difficultly levels. 5 classes and 50 experience levels. The sequel is coming out next year. I think that one will go to 60 and is tacking on two new classes. The story also starts out right after beating the final boss of this one.

Meat Puppet
08-15-2004, 01:30 AM
If it's free, it either sucks or is still in beta (thus being buggy and you'll have to pay for it later)

And if you're going for the beta, go for MU, Knight Online or Priston Tale. (Ragnarok Online is Full Version now and you're required to pay for it)

I used to be in OBTG :shifty: