PDA

View Full Version : Tobacco Pipe collection

Demerwen Owns
08-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Ever since I've started smoking that dank, crystally, skunky tobacco, I've decided that the most cost efficient way to consume it is through a pipe.

So far I have my undercover wooden pipe, which is about 4" and holds approx .1 grams. My ceramic pipe, which is about 6" and holds .5 grams and has a naked woman carved in it. My native pipe which was made by Indians at the Kahnawake reserve which looks like Gandalfs pipe but the stem is made of some bronzish metal and it has two arms twining around it whose hands hold the bowl, it's about 1'6" long and holds 1 gram.

Does anyone else share my interest in collecting pipes?

Public Service Announcement by ShlupQuack: Watch what you talk about in this thread. You are not protected by the United States Constitution here.

Meat Puppet
08-14-2004, 10:42 AM
I collect drainage pipes. But that's about it.

EDIT: I do. :mad2:

FreaQaZoiD
08-14-2004, 11:10 AM
I wish to expand my collection of pipe bombs :D but im out of those cap things on the ends.

Shlup
08-14-2004, 12:17 PM
I don't have any pipes of any kind. Except I guess for the plumbing in my house.

It doesn't sound very "cost effective" to be buying all those pipes though. xD

Demerwen Owns
08-14-2004, 12:30 PM
I haven't had to pay for any of them actually, the wooden one I got from this kind old hippie lady from whom I used to purchase tobacco from, the ceramic one I got from a friend because he only consumes tobacco on special occasions and never put it to use, and the native one I got as a birthday present two years ago.

I'm quite a proponent for the usage of pipes as opposed to papers as I used to need approx .7 grams to attain a nice tobacco buzz however with the pipe I can get the same buzz off of .3 grams. This is due to none of the smoke escaping the chamber and vanishing into the air like it does when you're smoking a hand-rolled tobacco cigarette.

All things flow according to the whim of the great magnet

- Raoul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Shlup
08-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Ah, I take back that comment then, and I hadn't thought about the smoke escaping issue. I would say it was interesting but I'd be lying since I don't really have an interest in the topic, though I have been to quite a few places that sell all kinds of tobacco pipes and water pipes and the like, especially on the Santa Monica boardwalk.

Demerwen Owns
08-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Another thing I forgot to mention are vaporizers, which are basically the 21st century version of pipes. Most vaporizers cost around 60-200+ depending on make, model and temp range. You can adjust the temperature at which your material of choice burns by a knob, what this does is it lets you choose which chemicals you want released as they all have different burning points.