PDA

View Full Version : Any word on FF6 sequel?

Leon Thomas
08-14-2004, 09:09 PM
I haven't played video games in years. One of the last great games I remember playing was FF3 (which was retroactively renamed FF6 in America without my knowledge.) Anyway, my brother still buys Final Fantasy games and has informed me that FF10 has a true sequel, which was unheard of when I played. I did some searching recently and found that FF7 has a movie and a phone game sequel.

Any word or even any rumors on a FF6 sequel? It would take something like that to get me to play video games again. I would kill to play Locke and company again.

lockeIX
08-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm pretty sure nothing has been said about an FF6 sequel, and, I'm not sure how others feel, but I dunno if it'd be a good idea. After playing X-2, it kinda brought X's greatness down a bit. For some reason, I couldn't take X as seriously as I had before I played X-2. Maybe it was cause X-2 was so dissapointing and the game just seemed like a joke. However, I dunno how they could take a game like 6 and make it a pre-teen's fantasy like they did with X-2.

Anyways, I guess in some ways it could be a good thing; I'd love to revisit all those great characters and that great world. But then again, X-2 kinda ruined X. I'm not quite sure what I want, but I'm almost positive that there's no planned sequel for 6.

TheAbominatrix
08-14-2004, 11:28 PM
There's no sequel planned, and no basis for one. If anything, it would be a prequel, but I doubt that'll happen either. There's just no market for it. X still had the hype, it was a new game and they made a sequel very soon after. With VII's movie sequel, they have the fact that it's their best selling game to back it up. VI, while awesome and my personal favorite, doesnt have the draw, at least not in the eyes of marketers.

DJZen
08-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Agreed. While FF fans love FFVI, the general gaming public only has love for FFVII, VIII and X. If FFVI recieves a sequel, it will be in very different times.

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 02:08 AM
I'd be ambivalent about this one....I mean, it WAS a fantastic game, but all/most of the characters' loose ends were tied up. And the Goddesses died, so it'd be difficult to write magic and summons in. All in all, there are way too many roadblocks to overcome.

Depressio
08-15-2004, 02:11 AM
a sequel to ff6 would be cool, but i don't really see the need for a sequel... the loose ends were tied up, the evil was eliminated, etc. etc. it would be cool if they remade the game for the ps2 or something, but that's probably not gonna happen....

and there's a cell phone sequel to ff7? i wish i had a cell phone..

DJZen
08-15-2004, 02:16 AM
Only in Japan. The cell phone that plays it isn't available in America.

TheAbominatrix
08-15-2004, 02:17 AM
It's a prequel to VII, and it'll only be released in Japan.