PDA

View Full Version : Fruits

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 03:16 AM
What is your favourite fruit?

I guess that I jus had to make a thread about fruits ....

I love alot of fruits. My favourites are: Strawberries , Kiwi , Lemons , Green Apples , Watermelon , Oranges , Peaches , Guavas , Plums , Rasberries and Bananas.

Have you ever heard of Durian? It's yummy. But it stinks. ALOT.

TasteyPies
08-15-2004, 03:18 AM
Rasberries, I even own a few bushes.

-N-
08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Blueberries in pastries and stuff = yum.

Best standalone fruit = mango. No question.

Dixie
08-15-2004, 04:13 AM
What is your favourite fruit?

I guess that I jus had to make a thread about fruits ....

I love alot of fruits. My favourites are: Strawberries , Kiwi , Lemons , Green Apples , Watermelon , Oranges , Peaches , Guavas , Plums , Rasberries and Bananas.

Have you ever heard of Durian? It's yummy. But it stinks. ALOT.I like all of the fruits you like!:D

All fruits taste yummy!

TasteyPies
08-15-2004, 04:14 AM
I like all of the fruits you like!:D

Realy there are NO bad fruits, they are natures treat.

FightClubFan#47
08-15-2004, 04:23 AM
bananers. apples. and chocolate. and squerrils? and Nashes

Kirobaito
08-15-2004, 04:42 AM
I don't eat a lot of fruits, but I suppose my favorite is apple.

Logan
08-15-2004, 04:42 AM
I like all fruit, but mostly peaches because that's all I've eaten lately of the fruit variety. <3peaches!

Dingo Jellybean
08-15-2004, 04:46 AM
I would say Mandarin oranges without the skin.

But I'm also a fan of seedless watermelons, bananas, and black seedless grapes. The great thing about bananas is how incredibly cheap they are compared to other fruits. Rainer cherries are also good, but they can be insanely expensive at $7/lb. They're like bing cherries, but have a yellow/orange color to them.

I like blood oranges, but the problem with them is that they are pretty sour. I have a high tolerance for sour stuff, but blood oranges almost rank with limes and lemons.

Dingo Jellybean
08-15-2004, 04:46 AM
Realy there are NO bad fruits, they are natures treat.

Durian is a horrible fruit. It smells nasty and tastes awful. You should try that.

TasteyPies
08-15-2004, 04:55 AM
Durian eh? never heard of it. Sure I will try it if given the chance.

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 05:08 AM
I thought papayas would taste good, but they were....not bland, just....bad....

Armisael
08-15-2004, 05:17 AM
My favorites are:apples,strawberries,peaches,bananas.

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 06:26 AM
OmG!

Durian isn't THAT bad!! I like it. Ok. It IS terribly smelly but it's quite nice ... if you pick the nice ones. The sweet ones and not the bitter ones.

Actually Durians are one of the most popular fruits in Asia. I think.

But they smell so bad that if you're caught carrying one on a bus or metro you'll get fined $500. DID YOU KNOW THAT?? Augh. It's crazy stinky.

Dixie <3 Dixie <3. You're SO CUTE!

Unknown_Soldier
08-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Kiwi, Mango, Oranges, Bananas, Grapes, Peaches, Nectarines, Plums, Blackberries, Pineapple, Watermelon, Honeydew, Cantelope, Apricots, Loquats... and i cant think of any more. yup.. i <3 my fruits.

Kilika
08-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Banannas! http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/banana.gif
Incase you didn't know...I love the dancing bananna! It's glorious.

but no really...i like strawberries! MMmmmmm....Strawberries.....*drool*

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Cantelope??

What is a
Cantelope??

Meat Puppet
08-15-2004, 10:24 AM
I like the kind of fruit that you pick of trees and they are about the size of the top of your thumb, and you peel off the top layer then suck off a juice and then seeds and spit it out, then eat the rest and spit it out if it's too sour because if it's too sour you get the runs.

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 10:27 AM
A Fig?

Unknown_Soldier
08-15-2004, 10:29 AM
cantelope... is a melon. it's orange, and delicious.

Meat Puppet
08-15-2004, 10:30 AM
It think so :confused:

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Have you ever eaten a really
small coconut that was sort of like a coconut but the size of a nut?

It's so cute and it taste jus like a coconut. Is a coconut a fruit?

Unknown_Soldier
08-15-2004, 10:33 AM
uhh i think it's ... a nut. because it has no seeds... wait... coconuts dont have seeds, right?

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 10:37 AM
ahaha.

Yea. Nuts .... ARE seeds. Aren't they??

Has anyone here ever had a drink called Aloe Vera? It's SO yummy.
They have different types of drinks with different flavours of fruit and bits of Aloe Vera inside. It's devine!

nik0tine
08-15-2004, 10:44 AM
ahaha.

Yea. Nuts .... ARE seeds. Aren't they??

Has anyone here ever had a drink called Aloe Vera? It's SO yummy.
They have different types of drinks with different flavours of fruit and bits of Aloe Vera inside. It's devine!
No, but I have used some aloe vera to cure my sunburns. It doesn't seem like something that one would want to drink, however.

Meat Puppet
08-15-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm also quite a fan of calamansi.

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Calamansi ?

What is THAT??? Sound like Calamari. And Cantelope sounds like antelope.

Actually Aloe vera is really yummy! The drink is SO nice and refreshing! You'd love it if you tried it.

Meat Puppet
08-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Sometimes I buy aloe juice, but not regularly.

Calamansi is quite.. citrus? I don't know :confused: I just buy the Just Juice calamansi juice a lot!

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Aloe Vera is also a fruit. Isit?

But you can buy it in cans here. I've never tried it like that before.

Oh have you ever eaten those japanese jellies? With the chewy stuff inside that tastes like a fruit? That's also aloe vera. I think ....

Az Lionheart
08-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Aloe Vera is also a fruit. Isit?

But you can buy it in cans here. I've never tried it like that before.

Oh have you ever eaten those japanese jellies? With the chewy stuff inside that tastes like a fruit? That's also aloe vera. I think ....
yes it is and yes you can :D

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Azzz. Did ya like my cake?? n_n

Wait. Is a carrot a fruit?

( i'm educating myself (: )

Meat Puppet
08-15-2004, 11:36 AM
No, carrot is not a fruit. Tis a root.

I thought Aloe Vera was a leaf? -_-

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Aloe vera .... is a plant. Isn't it?

But .... hm .... I'm not sure.

OMG. I'm suppose to be the most know-it-all when it comes to fruits. But I'm not the most know-it-all because I don't know-it-all!! :whimper:

Rainecloud
08-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Apples, bananas, grapes, kiwi fruit, cherries and plums, please. :)

Mo-Nercy
08-15-2004, 11:57 AM
I do enjoy those asian fruits. Longan and Lychees in particular.

I also love Apples.

Rye
08-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Watermelon. :<3:

And Cantelope, Apples and Grapes. :)

White Raven
08-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Watermelon, has to be full of seeds, will have to be high up on my list of most liked fruits...followed by Blueberries, Boison Berries, Cherries and those small black things that are in the bottom of Bubble Tea's. :)

Ki Ki
08-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Bubble tea?? Has fruits in it?

Is bubble tea nice?

Silmaril
08-15-2004, 03:07 PM
I like lemons, oranges, crunchy and juicy apples, watermelons, bananas and grapes. I LOVE GRAPES.

i hate mangoes though.

Psychotic
08-15-2004, 03:09 PM
STRAWBERRIES = :<3:

Also apples, bananas, clementines, grapes, stuff, um, yeah, thing, fruit, BLACKBERRIES, oh. :)

White Raven
08-15-2004, 03:21 PM
Bubble tea is great, but I just did some research, and the black things in the bottom are not fruits, but something made with Tapioca.

But they're tastey nonetheless!

History of Bubble Tea (http://www.bubbleteasupply.com/index.php?page=what.html)

Misfit
08-15-2004, 09:58 PM
I like almost all fruits 'cause they are yummy and make me have happiness in my tummy ^_^_^_^_^_^

fire_of_avalon
08-15-2004, 10:23 PM
No one else likes pears. :(

-N-
08-15-2004, 10:31 PM
That's because they suck. :D

TasteyPies
08-15-2004, 10:35 PM
No one else likes pears. :(

Pears are cool.

I used to eat them all the time as a child.

Trumpet Thief
08-15-2004, 10:40 PM
chaos: My favorite fruits are probably strawberries and blueberries...

Rubedo: Don't forget mango's!

fire_of_avalon
08-15-2004, 10:59 PM
That's because they suck. :D
I'm going to build a pear-a-pault and kill you with it.

I also like white grapes.

Chaos
08-15-2004, 11:01 PM
chaos: My favorite fruits are probably strawberries and blueberries...

This confuses me. I was not aware I had posted in this thread before....=S

Aloe Vera is a succulant. A sort of cactus thing that stores water in their leaves and lives in arid climates. I know it is used in herbal stuff and extracts are infused in drinks etc. Some of them have small berries, but I dont know if they are edible. I guess people eat the leaves?

I love strawberries, rasberries, apples, mango, cherries, pears, oranges.....well, I love fruit in general. *grin* My fave.

Chaos

Trumpet Thief
08-15-2004, 11:05 PM
This confuses me. I was not aware I had posted in this thread before....=S

Aloe Vera is a succulant. A sort of cactus thing that stores water in their leaves and lives in arid climates. I know it is used in herbal stuff and extracts are infused in drinks etc. Some of them have small berries, but I dont know if they are edible. I guess people eat the leaves?

I love strawberries, rasberries, apples, mango, cherries, pears, oranges.....well, I love fruit in general. *grin* My fave.

Chaos

chaos: The first letter of my name is undercase, perhaps that will help you remember.

chaos=Person from Xenosaga

Rubedo: But I knew you were joking anyways... :hyper:

Andy
08-15-2004, 11:37 PM
I don't like fruits that much, but I do enjoy eating apples.

Giga Guess
08-16-2004, 01:18 AM
Erm....I like pears. The only fruits I've tried that I don't like are Papayas and Grapefruits.

gokufusionss1
08-16-2004, 01:29 AM
ok i'm going to point out anything ending with berry isn't a fruit since the description of fruit is that the seeds are on the inside.

White Raven
08-16-2004, 03:14 AM
Aren't Blueberry seeds on the inside of them?

Mahal Kita
08-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Yup, gotta have fruit in my diet. xD I like peaches, nectarines, white peaches and white nectarines especially, kiwi, lychee, some watermelon but I have a bad memory of watermelons >_>, pears and apricots (...sometimes), oranges, tangerines, mandarin oranges, bananas (sometimes), mangoes, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate... and I'm probably forgetting some.

I'm not much of a fan for apples but Grannysmith apples are nice. Or maybe I'm just picky. ;x My mom's a big fan of calamansi! She puts it in our soy sauce sometimes since we use lemons to add some taste to balance out the saltiness. My mom also scrapes cantalopes and makes this one nice drink from it. Coconuts are okay too.

Oh, and durians? See 'em all the time I'm in the oriental store. Just never bothered to try it. Or pick it up. Or get some cash, go to the store, and buy it. ...Am I missing out? ;\

Meat Puppet
08-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Pumpkins are fruit, according to lore.

Ki Ki
08-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Lore?? Lore?? LORE??

Grapefruits are nice aslong as they're sweet ones.

Oh you know what? My mom also makes this drink sort of thing with strawberries and cream. And she adds some sugar and then mixes it all up until it becomes something like strawberry yoghurt with pieces of strawberry inside. It's SO yummy.

Pears are nice. Jus very boring.

Mulberries! I used to have a mulberry tree in my garden at my old house. Then it was so fun to collect mulberries and eat them. They taste really nice.

I also had a fig tree but the fruit was too high up and the tree was too hard to climb so I didn't really eat figs only sometimes and it was ok not too bad but a bit sour.

Tulmane
08-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Peaches... The way they practically melt in your mouth when ripe enough is to die for.

Max
08-16-2004, 10:48 PM
PearsandBannanas

SeeDRankLou
08-16-2004, 11:04 PM
I love bananas. I like green apples, pears, peaches, red grapes, oranges, pineapples and strawberries. This might sound a little gross, but I really like watermelon with salt on it. Something my mother showed me when I said I didn't like watermelon.

Sacred Phoenix
08-17-2004, 12:51 AM
It's all about the Oranges, Pineapples and the Strawberries. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE :love:Tomatoes :love: , however i can never remember if they are considered fruits or vegetables :p

Tulmane
08-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Here, all-purpose guide for knowing if it's a fruit or a vegetable.

SUN!
Sky
Fruit
Stem
Ground
Roots
Vegetables

Y'dig?

Skogs
08-17-2004, 04:23 AM
I eat several kiwis, apples and mandarins a day, and I have strawberries with my Weet-bix in the morning. I also love mangos and passionfruit. I've started snacking on fruit instead of chocolate and biscuits, and I've already lost 2kg in about four weeks, without actually eating any less. WIth excercise, of course.

Meat Puppet
08-17-2004, 07:09 AM
I think fruits > chocolate and crap, however, chocolate is way more cheaper than fruit is unfortunately.
Ah but then there's fruity chocolate.

Ki Ki
08-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Fruits are better than all those fatty treats because fruits are healthy.
And still taste good. n___n

Dixie
08-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Fruits are better than all those fatty treats because fruits are healthy.
And still taste good. n___n

White Raven
08-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, but fruits rot and somtimes there are bugs in them. :p

Resha
08-24-2004, 09:29 AM
You should try coming to Malaysia ; the streets are full of durian vendors [and durians]. ...ok, a slight exaggeration. I like grapes, peaches, plums, apples, oranges (especially those cute little mandarin oranges!) , bananas!!

Miriel
08-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Strawberries and Honeydew :love: And strawberries, bananas, pinapples, and guava juice makes the best fruit smoothie. Just thought I'd throw that in :)

Rinoabella
08-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Please don't call Kiwifruit "kiwis" - that would be referring to the native NZ bird ;)

Strawberries, blueberries, mangos, peaches, starfruit, sour green grapes. I love them all!