PDA

View Full Version : Who beat Necron? How?

Vivi_Trance
08-15-2004, 07:24 AM
i fought him 5 times b4 i won by trowing dark matters at him

Armisael
08-15-2004, 08:40 AM
I won him by using Climhazzard and Shock with Steiner.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-15-2004, 09:12 AM
i beat him first time, and then the next time, and the next time, then i lost once, then i won, and again...etc etc

i never thought Necron was that hard, if you just keep all your abbilities that prevent status change on you'll be fine, i also had auto-regen on most of my guys. :choc:

UltimateSpamGrover
08-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Zidane was always 99% trance when I fought him, easy kill

Mo-Nercy
08-15-2004, 11:38 AM
I don't see how Necron is impossibly hard. But my Zidane did about 9000 damage with Thievery.:D Come to think of it, I have no idea how I got past Grand Cross but I did, I don't think I've ever lost to Necron but I haven't finished the game that many times.

Cz
08-15-2004, 11:58 AM
If you're unlucky, then Grand Cross will inflict some pretty painful status effects, which will make the fight a lot more difficult. However, if you avoid things like Death and Doom, then you should be fine. Necron's no problem when you've got Body Temp etc. switched on.

Heath
08-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Put all the status defence abilities on, carry some remedies with you too, just in case. Shock with Steiner, Flare with Vivi, Dragon Crest with Freya, general attacking with Zidane. To quote Senor Cardgage: "No probalo".

Vivi_Trance
08-15-2004, 05:14 PM
He kept on using that stupid blue shockwave on me and weakend zidane stiner and amrant to 1 hp. that was so freaken annoying

Chris
08-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Necron was and still is a very average boss, Here's my strategy:

Steiner - Shock = 9999
Zidane - Physical Attack = 9999
Quina - Frog Drop = 9999
Eiko - Holy = 9999
Necron = dead

Ultima Shadow
08-15-2004, 07:06 PM
I beat him with average level 44-48 party and with weapons like "the tower".
I didn't have Shock or Dragons Crest and my frog drop only did something around like 3000 dammage and Thievery only did 1000-2000 dammage. :rolleyes2
I think I used Zidane, Quina, Garnet and Vivi. (second try)

Trumpet Thief
08-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Necron was and still is a very average boss, Here's my strategy:

Steiner - Shock = 9999
Zidane - Physical Attack = 9999
Quina - Frog Drop = 9999
Eiko - Holy = 9999
Necron = dead

chaos: Basically the same as what I did...

Rubedo: The animations for his attacks took waaaaaaaaay too long...

Ultima Shadow
08-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Rubedo: The animations for his attacks took waaaaaaaaay too long...
They did? Never noticed any superlong animations. Even grandcross didn't take THAT long time.

Now, the GF in FFVIII called Eden on the other hand... :eep:

Trumpet Thief
08-15-2004, 11:41 PM
chaos: I was getting impatient for Grand Cross. If it was a massive attack, which did super damage, I would've ignored it, for it would've deserved to have an animation as long as that.

Rubedo: I only used Eden once in the game after the very long animation!

Ultima Shadow
08-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Yea, at sometimes Grand Cross only does like 340 dammage and nothing else and then you think: How could an attack with that animation do that crap amount of dammage??? However, FIRST time I fougth him, his Grand Cross killed Zidane(instant kill), turned Quina one into stone, Confused Vivi and put Garnet into berserk + Vivi and Garnet took about 1200 dammge.

Actually, I enjoy long animations... but Eden is just going to far. :rolleyes2

nik0tine
08-16-2004, 12:05 AM
i beat him first time, and then the next time, and the next time, then i lost once, then i won, and again...etc etc

i never thought Necron was that hard, if you just keep all your abbilities that prevent status change on you'll be fine, i also had auto-regen on most of my guys. :choc:

Chris
08-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Most of the bosses in FFIX were generally easy to defeat.
Actually the boss I had the biggest trouble with was; Gizamaluke.
Only because the character's were on a low-level and under-equiped.

Polyonymous
08-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Most of the bosses in FFIX were generally easy to defeat.
Actually the boss I had the biggest trouble with was; Gizamaluke.
Only because the character's were on a low-level and under-equiped.

Gizamaluke wasnt that hard for me though it took forever (only cause i like to steal every items from bosses)

I beat him with average level 44-48 party and with weapons like "the tower".
I didn't have Shock or Dragons Crest and my frog drop only did something around like 3000 dammage and Thievery only did 1000-2000 dammage.

thats the same for me, my characters didnt know any of those fancy 9999 attacks. i beat necron with zidane, vivi, garnet, and steiner the first time.

Doomgaze
08-21-2004, 07:28 PM
From Everything2 (http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=908985)

Final Fantasy IX vs. my Chair
(idea) by DJuxtaposition

Beltane got a copy of FFIX during the massive hulla-ba-dub that was the holiday season. This game has tremendous music, great graphics, tons of what we refer to technically (being the masterful gamers that we are) as "little hidden shit," and was all in all, loads of fun to play. This isn't to say that the game wasn't plagued by the usual fare of unfortunate afflictions, e.g. load time, random arbitrary romance, and the character of Queen Brahne, but it was, by and large, an enjoyable (5 days with sleep breaks) play through. My main problem with the whole... thing (if you will), was it's easy boss battles.

Okay. So we'd been playing up until the wee hours, and I got the idea to jam the controller under the couch (as I'd been just tagging the 'fight' button over and over again) during one of the fights mid-3rd disc. Miraculously, or not remotely so, the couch won the fight.

This turn of events was much to my liking, and when Beltane handed me the controller so that I could finish off the last boss the next day, I wasted no time in jamming that controller under the chair and letting it work it's magic. Slapnutz ended up killing Amarant (Caelin in our game), but the day was saved by the might of the team I'd put together earlier on ("A team full of assbeaters is better than a team full of magic users. Yeah, sure, we can keep the summoner.") The last boss's mystical ways couldn't compete against my chair's button mashing capability. Thusly, a legend was born.

The Final Word: Square should never have put 'auto-regen' in the game.

The Word After the Final Word: I know what you're saying here, but did your chair beat Final Fantasy IX? Yeah, "not yet" is right.

Triple T
08-23-2004, 01:35 PM
It was really easy. Shock with Steiner, Theivery with Ultimate Weapon for Zidane, and Reflect+Flare with Vivi and Dagger. :upsidedow

NightfallInfernal
08-25-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm still stuck at Necron , my party consists of: Zidane-64, Dagger-63, Vivi-57 and Amarant-57, I've played him twice and Im not sure what Im doing wrong, I guess Im using a bad party as I see many people used Steiner. :mad2:

Ultima Shadow
08-25-2004, 08:35 PM
You can beat Necron with any party. And losing to him twice doesn't mean that you'r stuck. Just keep trying.

NightfallInfernal
08-25-2004, 10:25 PM
You can beat Necron with any party. And losing to him twice doesn't mean that you'r stuck. Just keep trying.yeah I finally beat him this morning, he wasnt that difficult, I just didnt have certain things equiped that I should have had and the game had a great ending. :cool:

Del Murder
08-28-2004, 10:32 PM
There's a lot of luck involved. If he does curse-meteor-curse, you're screwed. If he uses Doomsday though you are in good shape (you should use armor that absorbs dark). I can beat him pretty easily with Zidane (Attack), Aramant (Aura/attack), Quina (Frog Drop) and Eiko (Madeen/Cure depending on what side is showing), but it usually takes a long time because I like to steal. Garnet with Ark is a good choice too, with Auto-Regen her boosted summon can refill most of your HP.

EDIT: I thought this thread was for Ozma! Oh well, my strategy is same for just about any big fight: Zidane attack, Aramant Aura/attack, Quina Frog Drop, Eiko Holy/Heal.

Lon611
08-30-2004, 03:55 AM
i thot i had posted here, but apparently not.

i defeated necron after about...yah, about 5 battles. he was hard because of grand cross. sometimes id 4get about a character bcuz they were zombified or something, and then id die wondering "why?". but, the 1st time i faced him i was around lvl 54 or sumthin, but when i dfeated him i was around lvl 70. i don't kno if i trained 2 much, but he was still difficult. plus, duzn't he use like "shell" or something, so all your attacks barely hurt him?ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr... :mad: .but yah, i beat him like 2ice.the first couple times i beat him legit, but since then ive used gameshark, so whenever i feel like rewatching the ending i just get my dark matters ready...

NightfallInfernal
08-30-2004, 09:08 PM
I beat him on the third try, but what I dont understand is why everyone has problems with grand cross? all it does is put status effects on your party which should all have things to prevent them. I just had problems with the neutron ring.(i think thats what it was called)

Chris
08-31-2004, 02:48 PM
If you have Quina in your party--you can beat any boss--
in any Final Fantasy game--Quina is the strongest FF character :D

NightfallInfernal
08-31-2004, 07:18 PM
in any Final Fantasy game--Quina is the strongest FF character :Dhow so? I never used it so I do not know

Ultima Shadow
08-31-2004, 07:36 PM
in any Final Fantasy game--Quina is the strongest FF character :D
You can hardly beat Penance in FFX with only Quina. :rolleyes2 But yes, he/she's one of the most powerfull characters in FFIX.

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:39 PM
as usual in ff games last bosses, i lost to him the first time and then trashed him the next.

though be fair to Necron, he is offically the third hardest ff last boss ever. mainly because of Grand Cross. and the person earlier who said its not a problem. its impossible to defend against all status effects...and its RANDOM. ever had two KOS, A Third Petrifyed and the last zombiefied? :eek: .

still over all, not difficult.

Del Murder
09-04-2004, 08:15 PM
You can hardly beat Penance in FFX with only Quina. :rolleyes2 But yes, he/she's one of the most powerfull characters in FFIX.
Considering the break damage limit capabilities of FFX, and the fact that Quina's Frog Drop can be increased infinitely by just catching more frogs, he could in fact be the strongest character ever. If there was a way to boost his speed up then he would be unstoppable. (Auto-life, frog drop, boss, auto-life, frog drop, boss, etc. :D)

Or maybe he'll just COOK.

aeris2001x2
09-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Considering the break damage limit capabilities of FFX, and the fact that Quina's Frog Drop can be increased infinitely by just catching more frogs, he could in fact be the strongest character ever.

except even if Quina could break the damage limit, it would still only be a max of 99999 she could do...the same as a basic attack with a celestial weapon.

nice try, but penance is not so easily defeated :cool: .

though Zidane, Freya and Amarant all have similar moves (Thivery,Dragons crest,No Mercy). i,d definilty say Dragons crest is easiest to get to 9999. so there all about equal. so Qunia is far from the hardest...not to mention Auto-life in ffIX only works once.

EDIT-Damn u, you edited your post!

Holy Lancer
02-28-2006, 04:23 AM
I'm still stuck on this guy. I haven't tried throwing Dark Matters at him yet.

boys from the dwarf
02-28-2006, 07:53 AM
he was tough because of his star cross attack, those status effects were bad and if a character gets K.Oed in the zombie status effect they cant be revived or vured from zombie until the end of the battle which is annoying because necron took out my best fighter with that move. i was struggling but then i just went to the black mage village and taught garnet curaga. i defeated hades before i defeated necron and i actually found hades easier so i figured if hades is a secret superboss and i can defeat him i should be able to get necron no probs. i was right and with curaga he went down a lot easier.

Twilight Edge
02-28-2006, 09:15 AM
It's Grand Cross not Star Cross,bftd.

I defeated him once-after losing about seven times(I'm so crappy).I used Zidane lv54,equipped with orichalcon and using physical/trance attacks.Amarant lv48,Duel Claws and using Revive/Aura/No Mercy/physical attacks.Vivi lv46,Octagon Rod and Flare only(with reflectx2 ability).Eiko lv46,Angel's Flute and using Curaga/Reflect/Holy.That's all.

Blue Shockwave can easily be countered with Curaga.As for Grand Cross,it was a little hard but I got through it somehow because I didn't learn all the status preventions.Neutron Ring deals heavy damage,so just keep your HP high.

P.S:I lost seven times because I didn't equip any status prevention abilities(damns myself).The other bosses weren't that hard.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-28-2006, 09:23 AM
status prevention is the most important part of the battle, equip as much protection as possibe :choc:

yuno
02-28-2006, 03:13 PM
status prevention.every single one of them that a character has.body temp,jelly,antibody,clear headed,bright eyes,whatever.just equip them and grand croos wouldnt be able to do much.

and blue shockwave is utterly useless with auto-regen equipped.

Crossblades
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Thievery
Bahamut
Shock
Flare

and maybe a trance

Dell
02-28-2006, 04:28 PM
necron is easier than trance kuja, you just need to watch
grand cross+neutron ring+blue shockwave+Ga's magic :cry: I get that combination you know.
any abilities needed:
shock-steiner, flare-vivi, no mercy-amarant, holy-eiko, thievery-zidane, dragon crest-freya, frog drop-quina, ark-dagger (choose four party member, for me it's zidane, vivi, eiko, steiner)
status protection, hp/mp plus if you too weak, auto use like regen, potion, auto HI-potion and auto regen is enough.

Grand Cross
equip any abilities that protect any status effect. mini, zombie and death are unstoppable if you don't equip any armor/weapon that protect it. be sure to use magic tag on the zombie character first, unless the turn to use is either eiko or dagger, ask them to use curaga(use R1 so that it will heal all the party). having Quina angel snack is okay(never used it). You'll protected by it.

Shell/Protect
just to protect from your vicious attack. you might use Dispel with eiko(it's a waste, don't use)

Blizzaga, Thundaga, Firaga
random damage, you should be healed quickly with auto-regen, auto-potion.

Neutron Ring
that is his strongest power. strong damage that can be healed. becareful if he use it after Grand Cross. for this, curaga or full-life is important cause he might destroy you party.(that's why you need EIKO)
heal if needed.

Blue Shockwave
don't worry cause i hit one character, healing by auto-potion and auto-regen are good(1000 HP it healed by the next turn). then go with curaga.

my strategy- zidane use items or physically attacked. vivi doomsday or flare (recommended flare, strong magic on one enemy, doomday tactic is you need to equip pumice piece on vivi and eiko, ninja-suit on zidane and demon's mail on steiner so that they absorb shadow which heal them with doomsday)(heal necron too). Steiner always Shock no matter what unless healing. Eiko job is healing even with full HP, eiko still use healing arte.

maybe that'll help you.

Ultima Shadow
02-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Old-Threadmon: Gotta revive 'em all! :greenie:

SeeDRankLou
02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I think the fact that Necron can be beaten at level 1 speaks for itself.

Grand Cross is easy enough to counter. Just protect yourself from the four status ailments that will make you lose control, and have Quina cast Angel Snack, voila.

nik0tine
02-28-2006, 05:57 PM
I beat him at level one.

Dreddz
02-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Steiner - Shock
Zidane - Thievary
Quina - White Wind
Eiko - Holy/Healing

Thats the tactic I used the last time I beat him.

Vivisteiner
02-28-2006, 06:44 PM
My first FF was FFIX.
I fought Necron with lvls:
Amarant: 44
Steiner:42
Freya:45
Zidane: 48
All my characters had crap weapons as it was my first RPG. I didnt know how to equip summons, or get magic, abilitys etc.(I lost the manual so when equipping I always did optimise and hoped for the best)
Somehow after 6 goes by fluke I won. (Discounting a few times I failed to reach Necron by dying to Kuja)I only used attack or items (and Jump for Freya). I remember the battle lasting for ages, since I did tiny damage, and luckily my Freya jump missed all Necrons major attacks. - So even if your partys rubbish, try loads of times and your bound to suceed.

When I replayed the game I just used shock, ark with pumice peice and regen....easy.

Beoluve
02-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I did not use any tactics I just went all out like all battles

Brian The Pink Shark
03-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I did not use any tactics I just went all out like all battles

a true RPG conesuir :D :choc:

tidus123456789
03-02-2006, 01:32 PM
i fought him 5 times b4 i won by trowing dark matters at him
you should have at least over 4000 hp and you need one of your characters preferably garnet to use curaga while zidane and steiner attack while vivi cast his powerful spells on it

profskett
03-03-2006, 06:25 PM
If I remember rightly, I used Zidane's Thievery and Trance abilities, Eiko's Holy & Madeen Summon, Vivi's Flare (with Reflect x2) and Freya's jump (with the Holy Lance equipped to give the added damage from the Holy Elem Atk).

Soth
03-22-2006, 02:06 AM
I had everybody at level 80 and up, and I used nothing but physical attacks. It's been a while, but I remember having maxed out all of Zidane's abilities and equipping auto-regen and several other ones.

Sparky
03-26-2006, 03:29 AM
my fav. party was zidane, vivi, garnet, and freya

moves:
zidane: attack(7300-7900)
freya: jump
garnet: reflect on everyone
vivi: megalixer
zidane: attack
garnet: summon bahamet(to tired to spell right)
vivi: fira on party(9,999 damage with less mp cost)

Sparky
03-26-2006, 03:31 AM
my fav. party was zidane, vivi, garnet, and freya

moves:
zidane: attack(7300-7900)
garnet: reflect on everyone
vivi: megalixer
zidane: attack
garnet: summon bahamet(to tired to spell right)
vivi: fira on party(9,999 damage with less mp cost)
Repeat
It was actually preety easy if you have 99 megalixers

Shotgunnova
03-26-2006, 07:51 AM
I didn't find him that hard, even if he was packin' a truckload of HP.

-Zidane Trance = 30000 damage, at least
-Maxed-out Frog Drop
-Maxed-out Dragon's Crest
-Shock
-Angel's Snack

Necron has a few good moves, but he ain't no big thing if you're (overly) prepared.

Zeromus_X
03-26-2006, 07:55 AM
You can consider it won if Zidane reaches Trance:cat:

nik0tine
03-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Thievery + Dragons Crest + Dark Matter = Win.

Avathar
03-26-2006, 02:23 PM
You don't need a strategy for beating Necron:p
He's one of the easiest bosses by far^^i mean, even Hades was more a pain in the ass:rolleyes2 and i don't even mention Ozma.

Rengori
03-26-2006, 07:13 PM
I won by getting extremely good luck with Grand Cross.

Quindiana Jones
03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I won by....can't remember. All I remember is that he was easy. I never ever lose when I fight him. Hades was easy too. I'm too lazy for Ozma. Bad me. I'll go p*ss all over him now.

Rhi
04-14-2006, 03:34 PM
i find its physical attack too unreliable, it can be amazing, but it can be poo :eep:

Quindiana Jones
04-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I don't really like Quina. I only used him for White Wind really.

NeoCracker
04-14-2006, 10:57 PM
I had Zidane keep up constant attacking and occasional healling.
Amarant attacking and using his Chakra and maybe a throw or two.
Vivi Flared him.
Garnet healed me.
I went in the first time loaded down with status effect protection before I knew about Grand Cross, simply because I am paranoid about such things. I made Sure Zidane could trance and then I had no problem.

Avathar
04-15-2006, 12:37 AM
Using Dark Matter is just plain cheating:mad: :D

Twilight Edge
04-15-2006, 04:15 AM
I had Zidane keep up constant attacking and occasional healling.
Amarant attacking and using his Chakra and maybe a throw or two.
Vivi Flared him.
Garnet healed me.
I went in the first time loaded down with status effect protection before I knew about Grand Cross, simply because I am paranoid about such things. I made Sure Zidane could trance and then I had no problem.

yup,just make sure Zidane's near trance after beating Kuja and that's that.