PDA

View Full Version : the clutches of defeat

eestlinc
08-16-2004, 04:48 AM
how do you feel when you have your heart set on something and it ends up falling through?

krissy
08-16-2004, 05:12 AM
i get some vodka

then the day after i go after something else!!

RSL
08-16-2004, 05:13 AM
I feel like eating a sandwich.

No really, I usually don't get my heart set on stuff. On the rare occasion that I do, it usually DOES fall through. And I usually am pretty depressed about it.

Erdrick Holmes
08-16-2004, 05:13 AM
I do what I normally do, either get mad and vent my anger at something or find the person responsible for my falure (if it's not me) then give him a piece of my fist.

SomethingBig
08-16-2004, 05:16 AM
I pout in my head and feel extremely upset and hate myself for about 10-20 minutes, then I just get over it.

eestlinc
08-16-2004, 05:17 AM
hiking in the colorado wilderness helps a lot.

Yamaneko
08-16-2004, 05:19 AM
We catch it in a segment called <i>Back in Black</i>!

escobert
08-16-2004, 05:22 AM
I pout in my head and feel extremely upset and hate myself for about 10-20 minutes, then I just get over it.
same here.

-N-
08-16-2004, 05:31 AM
We catch it in a segment called <i>Back in Black</i>!AC/DC is teh rawk.

Calliope
08-16-2004, 05:56 AM
That's when I reach for my re-vol-ver!

And then I stop being Ben! :hat:

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-16-2004, 06:05 AM
We catch it in a segment called <i>Back in Black</i>!
If it wasn't for my HORSE...

Del Murder
08-16-2004, 06:09 AM
I brood for while but eventually get over it, though it will in some way haunt me always.

Erdrick Holmes
08-16-2004, 06:13 AM
If it wasn't for my HORSE...

Also hanging out at an IHOP works also. Best health club ever.

Dingo Jellybean
08-16-2004, 06:48 AM
For me, I end up sulking at it. Although I do try to regain my composure and then eventually retry...but I often put my heart into a lot of things and half the times end up failing...but eh, I may have to rethink the way I approach things sometimes.

Big D
08-16-2004, 07:38 AM
I feel like eating a sandwich.

No really, I usually don't get my heart set on stuff. On the rare occasion that I do, it usually DOES fall through. And I usually am pretty depressed about it.
I brood for while but eventually get over it, though it will in some way haunt me always.Story of my (love) life.
Some things are simple to deal with, others weigh more heavily on one's mind. But in the end, some tough experiences can be good provided they teach us something.

Kilika
08-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Yup, Del Murder has said it straight for me. I get over it after awhile...but it always seems to haunt me...

Armisael
08-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Yup, Del Murder has said it straight for me. I get over it after awhile...but it always seems to haunt me...
Same here.

Triple T
08-16-2004, 03:25 PM
I've... always had a weird habbit of eating crackers when I lose something. o_O

TasteyPies
08-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Tidus: I scream real loud

*stabbity* *stabbity* *stabbity* stabbity*

I have a great stress release program. I punch the wall untill my fists hurt alot. Cliche yes but I like it anyway.

Currently I realy realy realy realy realy realy want Final Fantasy VII to arrive today because im leaving tommorow. So if that doesn't work out I will become depresed and sulk untill I get it out of my system because I will be chillen in California with my favorite Uncle.

Xander
08-16-2004, 03:37 PM
I just get sad =(

Logan
08-16-2004, 03:53 PM
I feel really icky for a couple days, and then I feel better. Usually.

fire_of_avalon
08-16-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm learning how to deal with it now. Currently, I'm being a real craphead to everyone I know because I'm jealous. I'll keep you updated on changes in my reaction.

Leeza
08-16-2004, 04:28 PM
I brood for while but eventually get over it, though it will in some way haunt me always.
Me, too. I've been trying not to get my heart too set on things lately though.

Ki Ki
08-16-2004, 04:40 PM
I jus have a really sad expression and hardly smile for awhile and jus be depressed and eat alot. Especially cookies. Oh an sleep alot.

It takes me forever to get over something. So that's why I try not to get my heart into anything.

Baloki
08-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Lock it up, force myself to smile and keep on going, its better just to ignore it and put it behind you, even if that entails locking up the feelings you had, but thats my way. The only problem is it can get too much for you sometimes and you just lose all composure and get really depressed and easyly upset. I had that recently but I think I'm getting better now.

...doh this isn't my LJ *runs*

m4tt
08-16-2004, 05:18 PM

bennator
08-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Eat food, lots of it, particullarly greasy food.

Cloud_99
08-16-2004, 11:20 PM
I get really, and I mean really angry and I tend to damage things with my rage. But that's because I'm unbelievibly childish. :D

If it's somthing more personal I've had my heart set on, (you know like meeting a friend rather than obtaining an object), I get pretty dissapointed on the inside but I try not to show it on the outside. It then spends the day tearing me up on the inside and I feel really crap. And to be honest this sort of thing happens to me far too often.

SeeDRankLou
08-16-2004, 11:42 PM
It depends on what I had my heart set on. It can vary from just getting over it to lieing in a vat of my own depression while vultures hover over me waiting for me to finally take my own life (the later has only ever happened once). Like if I'm set on eating at Pizza Hut for diner, and I get to Pizza Hut and they are closed because a water main busted, then I just go to Wendy's. If I was planning to go on a date with someone and I get stood up, and I sulk for a while, and sometimes go to Wendy's. Calling a friend always helps, as does tequila.

Lindy
08-16-2004, 11:52 PM
I...don't care?

Mostly, it's never important enough for me to really care.

Sacred Phoenix
08-16-2004, 11:52 PM
I piss and moan for abit, but then get over it cause if it was meant to be it would of happened.

eestlinc
08-17-2004, 01:10 AM
I type with poor grammar.

Del Murder
08-17-2004, 01:34 AM
You must have the worst luck ever, then.

Calliope
08-17-2004, 05:24 AM
I've... always had a weird habbit of eating crackers when I lose something. o_O

Query: What happens when you lose your crackers?

escobert
08-17-2004, 06:04 AM
Lock it up, force myself to smile and keep on going, its better just to ignore it and put it behind you, even if that entails locking up the feelings you had, but thats my way. The only problem is it can get too much for you sometimes and you just lose all composure and get really depressed and easyly upset. I had that recently but I think I'm getting better now.

That's what I did most of my life until about 3 weeks ago. I've finally figured out I need to talk to people about stuff instead of acting liek nothing happend all the time or just keeping it all inside.

Silmaril
08-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Abandoned...

eestlinc
08-18-2004, 02:12 AM
only during fantasy season, del.

Giga Guess
08-18-2004, 03:14 AM
It depends. If it's just a thing, I just walk away. No big. But if I really had my heart set, put a lot of effort into it, I feel like crap. Simple as that.

Fuzakeru
08-18-2004, 04:21 AM

-pounce and traps- Yup. That sounds like me. I appear rather perky all the damn time but I'm not. O_o And I appear rather damn moody and pathetic in my LJ but I'm not. IRL I deal with my emotions by sucking it up and not showing any weakness to anyone except when I talk to Myles. I let it all out there so I don't break down as much as I used to.

. . . Ritz crackes and canned cheese makes me feel better though. -big, goofy grin-

Giga Guess
08-18-2004, 04:54 AM
I hear ya. I put on a brave face, like everythings hunky dory. In reality, there are times when I wanna scream 'til I'm blue in the face in light of the injustices (real or percieved) I face so regularly.