PDA

View Full Version : jus wonderin bout terra...

Lon611
08-16-2004, 11:40 PM
hey every1 im new here, felt like i've said dat 1000 times 4 sum reason. lol. neways, i ws jus wonderin wat terra specifically morphs into, n wat effect does it have in battle. does da game actually every explain?if u find out later in the game, dats ok, i don't mind little spoilers. i jus got out of da sealed gate (didn get atma weapon cuz i couldn't find it) an im headin 2 vector. thankx 4 ur help!please post!

lockeIX
08-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Terra morphs into an esper, and it significantly raises her magic power. If you cast a black magic spell on someone, I think it does 2x the damage it normally does. Hope I've been a help.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if you morph less, the amount of time Terra can stay in morph increases. If you morph a lot, you will probably only get one spell in, so save it for difficult battles.

Sacred Phoenix
08-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Supposedly the less you use morph, the more powerful it is when you really need it.

Carnage
08-17-2004, 01:21 AM
Terra morphs into an esper, and it significantly raises her magic power. If you cast a black magic spell on someone, I think it does 2x the damage it normally does. Hope I've been a help.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if you morph less, the amount of time Terra can stay in morph increases. If you morph a lot, you will probably only get one spell in, so save it for difficult battles.

Do you only get a certain amount for the entire game?

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-17-2004, 01:37 AM
If you use morph immediately upon it recharging, it will be used up within the space of one or two turns. If you wait awhile after it charges up, the bar will decrease slower, thus allowing you to remain morphed longer.

Oh yes, and if you've gotten Terra back on your party, you should know what she morphs into. Terra is half esper, and she has her normal, human form, and her esper form, which she morphs into when able. Ramuh explained that in Zozo, and the esper Maudin is her father.

-N-
08-17-2004, 03:52 AM
Supposedly the less you use morph, the more powerful it is when you really need it.
Really? Crazy. *scours GameFAQs for a formula or some such thing*

Lon611
08-17-2004, 04:00 AM
aite. thanx 4 ur help every1

Zante
08-17-2004, 08:45 PM
It just occured to me, has anyone seen any pics or sketches from Terra in her esper form?

Lon611
08-17-2004, 08:51 PM
uhhm, i don' think so. if anybody has sum, please post!!!

TheAbominatrix
08-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Amano's art:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/Tina140.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/Tina38.gif

Fan art, dunno the artists:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/Tina134.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/Tina87.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/Tina72.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/Tina31.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/Tina26.jpg

Ocaj
04-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I might be reviving a long death topic with this, I'm not sure, but.

could someone post/repost any pictures(art, not ingame screens) of Terra in her morphed form? I only found like two of them, and I love her in her morphed form :D

Sasquatch
04-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Does morphing only increase her magic power, or is it everything? I thought it prettymuch multiplied all of her stats by half again. Dunno though, could be wrong.

TheAbominatrix
04-25-2005, 10:13 PM
I think it's all her stats, but I'm not sure.

Here's some pictures of her in her morphed form. I have more, and if anyone wants them, I'll post them as well.

Vyk
04-25-2005, 10:21 PM
That's weird. Someone told me the more you morph the longer it goes. Like training her. So I did exactly that. And it worked. In the final battle she was morphed for almost the whole thing. Which made her a devastating adversary...

Though I honestly didn't use morph a whole lot 'cause random encounters were so weak and hardly worth it. But I did abuse it a lot too. Maybe the time span was just enough to keep it increasing? But I really think it's more the other way... but I'm just going off memories that are probably 5+ years old.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-25-2005, 10:22 PM
When Terra uses Morph, the physical and magical damage she inflicts both effectively double, while magic damage against her is basically cut in half. Also, while in Esper form, both positive and negative statuses which cause a continuous change (Regen, Poison, and Seizure namely) appear to have increased effect.

Captain Maxx Power
04-25-2005, 10:25 PM
All magical attacks done by Terra do double damage and any magical attacks done to Terra do half damage.

Vyk
04-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Um... I seem to recall at least the elemental magicks healed her

omnitarian
04-25-2005, 10:49 PM
From what I've read, the game keeps an invisible Morph Duration Counter that increases whenever Terra recieves Magic Points after a battle. The higher the counter, the longer you stay morphed. The counter resets to 0 after you morph, but it can always be built up again.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Um... I seem to recall at least the elemental magicks healed her

Actually, this doesn't seem to be the case. The Lore Force Field can nullify a random element and be used repeatedly, while the Paladin Shield either absorbs or nullifies every element. As to full elemental absorption, only the Shield spell in FFVII and the Force of Nature accessory in FFX-2 can immediately confer this. Terra's Morph confers no elemental advantage, other than the fact that all magic damage against her, elemental or otherwise (unless it's special type, like Blowfish), is reduced.

Vyk
04-26-2005, 03:50 AM
Then what the heck were they using that healed her? 'Cause I remember her healing from spells a LOT. And it's not like I coulda had any relic or anything for that, 'cause the magic box and econimizer were her thing. o_o; And that morph counter wasn't invisible. As soon as you morph it's just like the Active Time Battle bar. But it goes the other direction, and not as fast. Don't tell me all this stuff was only in MY game. Were you guys playing on SNES or PS1?

Sasquatch
04-26-2005, 03:59 AM
You probably had a Flame Shield and they kept using Fire spells, or something to that affect. Morphing doesn't make anything heal that usually does damage, or make anything do damage that usually heals.

And what the hell is "siezure"?

Masamuneˇ1600
04-26-2005, 04:15 AM
Seizure is a status that might better be called HP leak; the victim's HP will continuously decrease, rather than losing a certain amount at various intervals (Poison). Seizure is often inflicted by enemies with an attack called Slip Touch or Slip Hit.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Here's some pictures of her in her morphed form. I have more, and if anyone wants them, I'll post them as well.I want you. I mean, them.

Ocaj
04-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks a lot! Post the rest pls:)

TheAbominatrix
04-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Here's some pictures of her in her morphed form. I have more, and if anyone wants them, I'll post them as well.I want you. I mean, them.

Under the bleachers, baby.

More pictures later.

Ocaj
04-26-2005, 10:56 AM
keep them comming please!

She is sooo B E A U T I F U L L when morphed, and she gives great inspiration for art:D<yes I try to draw, no I'm not that good>

TheAbominatrix
04-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Alright, that's the last of em.

Vyk
04-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Ah I love Terra... 'natrix is the source for awesome pictures of green haired Final Fantasy girls. XD

Ocaj
04-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanks a lot!

If anyone has more pics, please post em!

TheAbominatrix
04-26-2005, 02:15 PM
I obsessively troll through Japanese sites for good fan art from IV and VI. I'm quite proud of myself :skull7:

Tonepoet
04-27-2005, 03:51 AM
Terra's half esper and as has been stated before her morphed mode is her letting her esper side loose. This isn't spoiler for the sealed gate because Rahmuh tells you this when you're at WoB Zozo (Both times).

As far as how morph works battlewise, all I know is second hand information. What I've heard is that it doubles her Magic Power and Attack Power for most of her attacks. Most but not all barrier piercing, nonelemental attacks are excluded from the morphed boost (Ultima, Flare ect.). When you morph, the bar that appears repusents how much time that you have left while morphed. The more time you have, the slower it will go down. If you change back, you'll be able to save your remaining time. The battle timer increases when you gather Magic Points after a battle and eventually will max out at either 128 Magic Points or 255 (I forgot which).

As I've said, it's all second hand knowlege but it does come from some reliable scorces. Neat art by the way. *Saves a couple of pieces.*

omnitarian
04-27-2005, 04:47 AM
It maxes out at 255, but it increases the battle timer at 2 points per MP. So all you have to do to have a maxed-out morph timer is fight 13 cactrots. :D

Devourment
05-04-2005, 09:53 AM
hey every1 im new here, felt like i've said dat 1000 times 4 sum reason. lol. neways, i ws jus wonderin wat terra specifically morphs into, n wat effect does it have in battle. does da game actually every explain?if u find out later in the game, dats ok, i don't mind little spoilers. i jus got out of da sealed gate (didn get atma weapon cuz i couldn't find it) an im headin 2 vector. thankx 4 ur help!please post!o_0

Ask me again properly & I'll tell you.

HackedBlackMage
05-13-2005, 02:43 AM
SO does that mean I simply have to fight with terra to increase how long she can Morph....
or do you have to use morph more often to increase it's time.
Can I get a clear answer here.

Ffgrandmaster
05-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Just keep fighting battles that give you magic points

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 05:18 AM
Morphing more or less doesn't change the time you'll stay morphed. It's not like you can have it build up or anything. I didn't know about the MP thing, but I guess the more Magic Points you get (after battles), the more it builds, until it reaches 255. So it doesn't pay off to never morph until the very end when you can stay morphed for twenty minutes, but neither does it pay off to morph every time you get the chance.

Ffgrandmaster
05-13-2005, 04:03 PM
If you morph in a random battle reverting before the battle ends lets you morph longer the next time

Ultima Shadow
05-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I thought this tread had been dead for almost a half year... :eyebrow:

Ffgrandmaster
05-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Mabey it has Im new here, If anyone has any questions just say something Im playing the game right now and expirmenting, I have discovered alot

EDIT I have found that reverting before morph runs out keeps the built up MP (I just call them morph points) allowing you to morph the very next battle although I think the leftover MP gets cut in half from what it would be after reverting