PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Vaprice
08-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Hello good people. I have some questions about, stuff.

1st: The easiest way to level your fighisng stat and weaving.

2nd: How do you actually create a linkshell? I've always been so curious about that.

That is all. If anyone has any answers to that, then please tell me...I've been fishing for about 5 hours today, and my stats are around 5-7. It's rather annoying.

Garland
08-17-2004, 02:03 AM
The quickest way to level weapon skills is to fight enemies that are a challenge. Easy prey and Too Weak enemies typically won't raise weapon skill. Decent Challenges will, but the real quick way to cap your skill is to melee the enemies you fight in full parties. They'll typically be beyond your soloing capability, and will give points with pretty much every successful attack.

As for weaving - I made capes till level 6, and Hachimachi's till level 8. I just took the first test, so that's as far as I can tell you. Hachimachis are still giving points, so I imagine they can go up past 10. Levelling crafts are slow - very slow. Slower than a bare fisted level 1 black mage trying to kill the shadow lord solo with punches. But in the end, I imagine it's worth it. If you want to try and save cash, farm yagudo with signet on in Giddeus. You'll get both wind crystals and yagudo necklaces. One of each makes 3 grass threads. Three grass threads plus any of the half a million earth crystals that aren't even worth selling, will make a grass cloth. A cape is an earth crystal, grass thread, and two grass cloths. You can potentially level for free to level 6-8 in Giddeus alone. Worms there drop earth crystals I believe.

EDIT: I think you meant fishing, not fighting, after a second read. I levelled my fishing skill by buying a composite rod (for big fish), a ton of insect balls, and fished in windurst woods near the fountain. People might say to buy a rod built for small fish, because the catch rates are higher. I say buy a rod built for big fish because small fish rods break too often. I'd rather catch a fish 4 out of 10 times, with the occasional "The fish was too small for this rod", than to catch a fish 5 out of 10 times, and have to buy a new rod every time you try to fish up a rusty bucket and it snaps. Fishing Moat carp in Windurst is immediately profitable, right from the start. It'll take a long time to get a stack though.

Edit #2: God I should read a whole post before responding. To start a linkshell, talk to the Mithra on the docks between the weapon armor shop and the magic shop in Port Windurst. Buy a shell for 8,000 gil, name it, and equip the shell. You can make linkpearls by going to the linkshell option in your menu. Give these to members. If you want someone to have recruiting/banning power, you can convert their pearl to a linksack here also. In my linkshell, I have the shell, and I gave one other person a sack. Too many people running the show, and not enough peons does not a good linkshell make. I'm up to about 11 carefully picked members.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Where to make Linkshells :

Windurst - Port Between Weapon and Armor Shop
Jeuno- Upper Jeuno
Bastok- Metalworks, I tthink
San d'Oria- Port Sand

Rostum
08-17-2004, 07:05 AM
The quickest way to level weapon skills is to fight enemies that are a challenge. Easy prey and Too Weak enemies typically won't raise weapon skill. Decent Challenges will, but the real quick way to cap your skill is to melee the enemies you fight in full parties. They'll typically be beyond your soloing capability, and will give points with pretty much every successful attack.

Actually, I've noticed at level 37 that trying to keep both Axe and Great Axed capped before I reach the next level is a tad difficult. I can assure you that you skills won't cap in a party later on, unless all you want is one weapon to level up, then that could possibly be done.

Vaprice
08-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Okay well i kind of want to be a triple threat. Great Axe, Axe, and polearm. Incase I want to go either way when I get advanced jobs.

Im not sure what i want to be seeing as I am a warrior right now. Either;

Dark Knight/warrior

or

Sam/warrior. Give opinions if you wish.

Lionx
08-18-2004, 03:42 AM
Dont think PortSand is the place, is the SSand on one of the vendors inside a shop.

Weaving as i said before somewhere on these forums, lvl 1-4 is yag neck +wind, then conjunction it with Earth for a cloth, then you can spam hachimakies(two grass cloth + Wind) all the way to lvl 11. AVOID COTTON SKILL UP AT ALL COSTS.

Skilling up is to get a WEAK weapon of the type you want to skill up, with the lowest delay and start whacking at everything that is high def but weak enough to kill, you want to swing as much as possible so get a weak weapon.

Used bamboo and insect paste up to lvl 10, then try comp rod and sabiki rig on bubu for yellow globes, that should take you up to lvl 17.

Vaprice
08-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Okay thanks guys for all your comments so far. I'm gonna try it tonight....*sigh*

*soccer tryouts are over so now I can play again* :love: :love: :love: