PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga II

Vaprice
08-17-2004, 02:27 AM
DUDE! I just saw a clip of the new XENOSAGA II!!!!! It was awesome. I was watching G4techTV and like Kos-MOS had long blue hair. And she mounted a motorcycle.

Oh but man it was so cool. When is it coming out? Has any details been released? Im so hyped up now!!!!! :D

SomethingBig
08-17-2004, 02:30 AM
Square-Enix isn't making Xenosaga...

Anyway, yeah, Xenosaga Ep. II looks incredible. Xenosaga might just be the next Final Fantasy.

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2004, 02:36 AM
It could be the next FF but the numbers in sales and reviews don't reflect that.

Xenosaga is coming out in Febuary 2005 as of right now(actually announced by Namco not long ago).

I also have listened to the Movie Scene Soundtrack and I think it is fantastic. I can't wait to hear it in the game.

SomethingBig
08-17-2004, 03:08 AM
What's a shame is that it's coming out in the US the same month that FFXII's coming out. Namco should definitely delay its release.

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2004, 04:52 AM
Knowing how slow namco is....it WILL be delayed. Thats why the date is just 'Febuary'. It took them 11 months to do Tales of Symphonia and they didn't even voice the skits. How do they expect to do all of Episode II in just 7 months? First they have to translate then put in the subtitles and then voice act, mix it into the track, make sure the music doesn't over power it and other junk. Its possible for a place like Square to do it in 7 months but Namco isn't a big RPG company and I would say Xenosaga has more dialog than most RPGs...at least spoken dialog.

The Captain
08-17-2004, 06:55 AM
Agreed, Ed makes some very valid points. I wouldn't be surprised to see Xenosaga II released closer to summer '05. Side question, whatever happened to some sort of "Extras" disc about Xenosaga that was in the works?

Take care all.

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2004, 07:19 AM
All we know right now is that it will be a preorder bonus...that will probably also delay the release as they will have to subtitle that also(the interviews and other stuff such as that). No date as to when it is going to actually start being released or if you will get it when you get the game. Either way I wouldn't expect the disc until after christmas at the earliest.

Sefie1999AD
08-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Is there any chances for an European release? Neither Xenogears nor Xenosaga Episode I made it here, and I'd like to play Xenosaga myself.

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2004, 02:23 PM
I have no idea about a Europian release. I thought I heard something about it but I am not sure. Why not try e-mailing Namco. Maybe they can give you the low down on it.

Vaprice
08-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Yah allright thanks. But I swear is said Xenosaga II: *blah blah blah in some foreign language*

I think its a great game. Seeing as it will be released lately Im amd now...*sigh*

*/fume*

*/em kicks trash can*

Shoeberto
08-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Uh...the subtitle of episode 2 means something like "good and evil" in German. Is that what you're thinking of?

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Its 'Beyond Good and Evil'

Trumpet Thief
08-17-2004, 07:40 PM
chaos: Yaep, Jeinseits von jut und Bosse is "Beyond Good and Evil". In case anyone wants the story spoiled for them, or any other thing, ask me or Triple T.

Rubedo: The cool thing about this game is if you load the clear data, you can play an Epilouge. (It has nothing to do with the story though)

Triple T
08-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Yaep, Jeinseits von jut und Bosse is "Beyond Good and Evil". In case anyone wants the story spoiled for them, or any other thing, ask me or Triple T.

Yes, ask me about it. I own the game in Japanese and I love spoiling everything about the game. :)

The cool thing about this game is if you load the clear data, you can play an Epilouge. (It has nothing to do with the story though)

Clear Data brings more Skill Points(current level *30 + initial 600), KOS-MOS and Ziggy swimsuits and for those who have Xenofreaks(I don't :shame: ) and watched all of XenoComi get an added scene.

Like edczxcvbnm said, it coming out in February. Most likely the 15th, after the depressing Valentine's Day :o

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Since they are most probably NOT doing xenofreaks over here the scene may just be there all the time for the American release or triggered with clear data. How does the bonus skill points thing work? Just answer me these questions about.

If I am at level 30 I have how much?
If I am at level 31 I have how much?
If I am at level 99 I have how much?

I am just confused on how it works.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. I just misread your equation...misread it pretty bad. Getting to level 99 before the game comes out will be a pain in my ass. I can do though...I BELIEVE!

Trumpet Thief
08-17-2004, 11:30 PM
chaos: I don't get it... How come all the Xs threads in General SE aren't moved?

Rubedo: It's almost like they want them to be here...

edczxcvbnm
08-18-2004, 12:14 AM
The mods don't actively mod all the forums would be the obvious answer and I am going to say that is the answer...either that or they don't know what games Squenix makes.

Ouch!
08-18-2004, 03:17 AM
I'm looking forward to the release of Ep. II: Jenseits von Gut un Bose. The different animation does bother me a bit, though. It's one series, and personally, when a game is a linking series with the same characters and plot, things like the graphics should also remain constant. Though the visuals are stunning, I fear it will give the game a different feel in some regards, which may or may not disappoint me.

-N-
08-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Agreed, Ed makes some very valid points. I wouldn't be surprised to see Xenosaga II released closer to summer '05. Side question, whatever happened to some sort of "Extras" disc about Xenosaga that was in the works?

Take care all.
www.zenosaga.net has more info on that, I believe. Been a while since I've been there...

edczxcvbnm
08-18-2004, 06:03 AM
I am actually argueing in their forums that the game will be delayed right now :D

Triple T
08-18-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't really care if it's delayed, since I'm holding a Japanese copy right now. :o

Blank
08-21-2004, 12:25 AM
id really like it if it wasn't delayed because there was competition between FFVII and Xenogears, so now there would be again with FFXII and XenosagaII. screw the month, competition would be great within the same year.
i know all about the company split up stuff and the guys who made Xenogears and FFVII and all that, and personaly i say Xenogears is better than FFVII, so i can't wait for FFXII and XenosagaII to collide =)

Elhaym
08-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Is there any chances for an European release? Neither Xenogears nor Xenosaga Episode I made it here, and I'd like to play Xenosaga myself.

Indeed. On (eventually) playing Xenogears I ah...simply couldn't believe what European gamers had missed out on =/ Tremendous game.

I have a copy of Episode 1 sitting on my shelf, but I'll need to look into modding my PS2 or something, still haven't got around to it. Though since, due to a recent court ruling, mod chips are illegal in the UK... *grimaces* My chances of ever actually playing the damn thing are looking less and less probable :P Me being the sort of fanboy I am, I'm sure I'll import the second one too, provided no PAL release shows up... Looks awesome, and I love Yuki Kajiura's soundtrack =] I almost threw a fit when I heard Mitsuda was being ditched, but regained a degree of composure when her name came into the picture.

master01
08-27-2004, 11:47 PM
xenosaga2 will make it to europe...
i live in the most lowest level of europe, actually we are part of asia, we got lucky to use PAL cause asia dont want us for a part of it... and if makes it to here (and it is, i got my eyes of every store we have online) (actually, i can order him right now, so i wont have to wait if someone else buys it <and someone else will>, but i need to gather money...) it will make it to finland, and to everywere else...

i want to play it allready, and stop calling old robo toys gears, and then feed to my cat and sister.

Proxy
08-30-2004, 03:50 AM
I wanna play
but, I don't get how Fei, or Lacan, is in Xenosaga...when..shouldn't he have belong to Squaresoft? *confused*

SomethingBig
08-30-2004, 03:58 AM
id really like it if it wasn't delayed because there was competition between FFVII and Xenogears, so now there would be again with FFXII and XenosagaII.
There was...? Xenogears came out a year after FFVII did... The competition we're talking about is sales competition. Namco should definitely delay Xenosaga II, if they know what's good for them. Final Fantasy is too big of a gaming giant to compete with.

Triple T
08-30-2004, 07:08 PM
I wanna play
but, I don't get how Fei, or Lacan, is in Xenosaga...when..shouldn't he have belong to Squaresoft? *confused*

He's Abel, owner of Abel's Ark(kinda...). And everyones wants him to open it, or something. ^__^

SomethingBig
09-02-2004, 03:17 AM
I wanna play
Namco received rights to Xenosaga, so they're allowed to use characters from Xenogears.