PDA

View Full Version : Woah(possible spoiler)

Lon611
08-17-2004, 05:18 AM
i haven't finished the game, but i saw a cg pic of kefka without his makeup and without his shirt and i was wondering when does he do this in the game. is that how he looks when you fight at the end? and why does he have angel wings?

TheAbominatrix
08-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Wait until you get to the final battle, then you'll see.

The angel wings are mostly symbolic, nothing else. The CG picture isnt how he looks in the final battle, of course. It's still 16bit graphics then.

Lon611
08-17-2004, 05:22 AM
i'm sorry if this is an annoying question, but is it known why kefka decides to take his makeup and shirt off?i would think he'd be more intimidating with all that stuff on, lol

TheAbominatrix
08-17-2004, 05:24 AM
Not really. I assume it happens when he morphs. Since he's bigger, his clothes probably dont fit

UltimateSpamGrover
08-17-2004, 09:29 AM
wouldn't he be naked? *throws up*

TheAbominatrix
08-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh no, not a naked person!

His genitals are covered. Whoopie-de-doo

Martyr
08-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Well.... Ya see, Kefka isn't really that built. I mean, most bad guys are buff bastards, like Sabin. But Kefka is actually kind of lanky and goofy. Everybody kicks his butt all the time unless he uses magic.
In full knolwedge of this, when Kfka rips off his shirt, raises up the firy wings, and makes himself look like a veritable wuss, he becomes totally unintimidating.

It's a reverse psychology thing. Sabin almost dies laughing, but, unfortunately, he just can't quite keep that humor the entire time Fire 3 is consuming him. So, like everybody else, he dies screaming before the malign, disgusting monstrosity against nature that is Kefka.

Lon611
08-17-2004, 05:58 PM
woah, that was deep. neways, thanks 4 da kefka help, but i still hav another question. How many characters are there in total, and how do i obtain the "secret" ones, if there are any, like umaro?

TheAbominatrix
08-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Chracters: Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Relm, Strago, Cyan, Gau, Setzer, Celes, Mog, Umaro, Gogo.. so that's 14.

The only characters that wont ever join you automatically (in the WoR you'll have to regroup and all, but they joined you automatically the first time you met them is what I mean) are Mog, Umaro, and Gogo.

Mog - in the World of Balance (the normal world) go to Narshe after a certain point. You'll find Lone Wolf stealing treasure in the house on the right corner (down from Arvis' place). Chase him. At the end you'll find him holding an unconcious moogle. Don't move. Mog will wake up, the two will be smacked apart. Save Mog, not Lone Wolf (you can get a lot of those Gold Hairpins later). He'll join you party.

Umaro - After you've re-found Mog in the WoR, take him to the top of Narshe, where the Frozen Esper is. After defeating Tritoch (and getting his Magicite), a hole will open up. Go in it. Get through this dungeon, and at the end, examine the bone carving. Take the magicite inside. When you try to leave, Umaro will attack. Fight and defeat him, Mog will make him join.

Gogo - Go to the Triangle Island. Fight one of those weird sandworm looking things, let him suck all your people up. Finish that dungeon, Gogo is at the end.

Lon611
08-17-2004, 09:47 PM
are mog, umaro and gogo really worth it?i didn't get mog in the world of balance, so can i still get him in the WoR?if i can't,does that mean i can't get umaro?

Doomgaze
08-17-2004, 10:23 PM
i believe you can - he should be in the moogle cave, in narshe. however, you won't be able to learn the Water Rondo dance as there are no water battles in the WoR.

and yes, they are worth it. especially Gogo.

lockeIX
08-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Mog is extremely helpful in areas like the Pheonix Cave and Kefka's Tower if you use the Moogle Charm. Definately worth it. Umaro is right there, so get him just for the hell of it. I never used him, but on my next time around I plan on using him a lot.

Gogo is the best person in the game, so he is a must.

Doomgaze
08-18-2004, 09:17 AM
i'd disagree, you should use the phoenix cave and kefka's tower to level as you go

the tower of fanatics is a prime place for the moogle charm, though

Flashback007
08-21-2004, 10:01 AM
I agree with Doomgaze, the Phoenix Cave and Kefka's tower are real good places to level up, while in the Fanatics tower, you cano only use magic, if I am right. And that is no funny thing. Cause there are a lot of storages to climb and when you come to the top and need to defeat the boss, you will see that you have run out of MP.

By the way, the Moogle Charm you can find at the place where Mog is standing when you find him in the World of Ruins.

I think Mog is one of the best characters in the game. When I found him he had an HP over 1000, while most of my characters at that moment weren't even close to the 1000.