PDA

View Full Version : Next year's Zelda Gamecube game...

Chzn8r
08-17-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm of the opinion that Nintendo will sell a year or two's worth of Gamecubes in the months after this is released... or if not, sell many more Revolutions (predicted to be backwards compatible). Easily a multi-million seller, I can see this becoming the #1 selling game of this console cycle.

What's everyone else's opinion?

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Depends on how the develop it. More of the Wind Waker Style or more of the Ocerina Style(this has nothing to do with graphics).

ChaosCalibur
08-17-2004, 03:19 PM
If it's got the OOT feel to it, i'll buy it even if it sucks (which it most likely won't, unless it has WW style dungeons, which were unique but super easy, the whole game was only 17 hours long!) but even if it does, it's gona be the best selling game for GC because it's a Zelda! People don't even care anymore what it is, as long it has a Zelda logo on it

Shoeberto
08-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Yeah, this is definately going to be a huge seller. Wind Waker was an amazing game, but too many people got turned off by its graphics. I think this will get people interested in the franchise again.

Chzn8r
08-17-2004, 08:19 PM
To me, Windwaker feels plenty like OOT. There are a few control adjustments but overall it's great control. The next one is using the same gameplay engine, they said. There is nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned.

I think, this adult-style "cool" Link is going to bring back LOTS of the fans from OOT (an 8+ million selling game) who were either turned off by Gamecube in general, or didn't get Windwaker because of the graphics/style/story/whatever.

Lindy
08-17-2004, 11:41 PM
I don't care how good it is, I'll buy it just to fight Moblins on horseback.

edczxcvbnm
08-18-2004, 12:19 AM
To me, Windwaker feels plenty like OOT.

Not to me. First off there was the sailing which felt lik it took forever. Mainly because I was not playing during that time. Felt like it took forever. Also the lack of main dungons. There were some dungons but not bam, bam, bam one after another. It was like go here, here, here and there then go to dungon 2...then go to 3 other places before you get the stuff needed to go to dungon 3. OOT didn't do that a whole lot. It was mainly go from dungon to dungon or approach the area of the dungon and get an item real quick instead of sail around the world to find 30 different switches.

Ouch!
08-18-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm one of the many who is going to buy a Gamecube solely for this game. Of course there are other games I want to play, but none have been influential enough to draw me towards the system. Windwaker almost had me, but it didn't look or sound like anything special. This game however looks like it's going to be awesome.

I don't care how good it is, I'll buy it just to fight Moblins on horseback.

Yup.

Chzn8r
08-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Not to me. First off there was the sailing which felt lik it took forever. Mainly because I was not playing during that time. Felt like it took forever. Also the lack of main dungons. There were some dungons but not bam, bam, bam one after another. It was like go here, here, here and there then go to dungon 2...then go to 3 other places before you get the stuff needed to go to dungon 3. OOT didn't do that a whole lot. It was mainly go from dungon to dungon or approach the area of the dungon and get an item real quick instead of sail around the world to find 30 different switches.

No, no, no. I meant the controls/character/etc... besides a bit more fluid swordplay, it doesn't stray far from the beauty of OOT's control.

The gameplay itself couldn't be more different... I like the idea of not being formulaic, not bam-bam-bam dungeon after dungeon... dungeons when there need to be. Plenty of freedom (I love sailing, discovering, fighting at sea). OOT was free yet now seems so ... small in comparison. Not to put it down or anything.

Just a few things about Windwaker- the graphics, score, sound effects, and story, are beautiful... they convey the entire game so perfectly... Miyamoto was right that this fits Child Link's settings.
I HIGHLY suggest this game to anyone... if you're a fan of Zelda you're missing out not playing it.

Hell, realising how good this game was is making me even more hyped for the next one... 2 full scale, monumental Zelda adventures within 2 years of each other... amazing.

fire_of_avalon
08-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm one of the many who is going to buy a Gamecube solely for this game.

Zaphier knows the score. I played Wind Waker a bit, and it just didn't
feel right to me. This however... this is going to be a thing of beauty.

SpikingZero
08-19-2004, 01:53 AM
I will buy.

Rase
08-20-2004, 03:40 AM
I'm going to buy it, easy. It'll then immediatly be at the top of my Fav. Games List, maybe even passing Thief: Deadly Shadows.

It's been said it will be using a refined Wind Waker fighting engine and graphics engines. Yup, it's the same gra[hocsengine, though a completly different graphics style. It's also supposed to support exploration, but will be choke full of enemies, dungeons, and side-quest.

Why wouldn't I buy this?

Chzn8r
08-20-2004, 04:49 AM
I'm going to buy it, easy. It'll then immediatly be at the top of my Fav. Games List, maybe even passing Thief: Deadly Shadows.

It's been said it will be using a refined Wind Waker fighting engine and graphics engines. Yup, it's the same gra[hocsengine, though a completly different graphics style. It's also supposed to support exploration, but will be choke full of enemies, dungeons, and side-quest.

Why wouldn't I buy this?

I'm really hoping for a lot of open exporation... esp. through forests and mountains on horseback... oh man that would be cool :cool:

The graphics all throughout Windwaker were very smooth and fluid, I'm glad they're using the same engine.

"Why wouldn't I buy this?"

I can't think of a reason. Broke? Take out a loan to get a GC and the game. Need money for food/rent/family support? Eh... they take second place to the new Zelda epic :p

Rase
08-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Yeah, if for some reason you haven't seen the trailer, click here. (http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html?fromint=1) The wide, rolling hills, city, and forest all look large, and the dungeons should be the same grade A quality that the series has established. And yes, this is all in game footage, none of it CGI.

On a sidenote, it's been reported that the dugeons will be explored in a 3/4 perspective, as in A Link to The Past, with the camera zomming to the behind the back view for fighting and puzzles.

Chzn8r
08-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Yeah, if for some reason you haven't seen the trailer, click here. (http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html?fromint=1) The wide, rolling hills, city, and forest all look large, and the dungeons should be the same grade A quality that the series has established. And yes, this is all in game footage, none of it CGI.

On a sidenote, it's been reported that the dugeons will be explored in a 3/4 perspective, as in A Link to The Past, with the camera zomming to the behind the back view for fighting and puzzles.

Yes, this is all known to me. All the more reason to have high hopes
:D