PDA

View Full Version : Is the music Nobuo? please oh please..

Lloen
08-17-2004, 06:05 PM
One of my first turnoffs was that some other guys will be working on music in FFX but it's a half & half job, I like Nobuo doing all the music cause he's the king! hehe. but anyway- if anyone knows if it's Nobuo for FFXII please let me know :D

DJZen
08-18-2004, 04:09 AM
You know, there ARE other composers out there who can do a more than great job of filling his shoes.

.....I think I heard he's not working on it.

-N-
08-18-2004, 04:18 AM
You know, there ARE other composers out there who can do a more than great job of filling his shoes.

Sefie1999AD
08-18-2004, 12:07 PM
As far as I've heard, Nobuo Uematsu will be doing the main theme and the producing while Hitoshi Sakimoto will do most of the composing.

TasteyPies
08-18-2004, 02:29 PM
*sings* With music by nobou and graphics by wong chu!

Anyway...I could care less who is making it as long as they do a good job.

Sefie1999AD
08-18-2004, 07:46 PM
*sings* With music by nobou and graphics by wong chu!

Anyway...I could care less who is making it as long as they do a good job.

A reference to the Chocobo Remix. Nice. :D

From what we've heard from FFXII's trailers, the music seems to be good. Nobuo Uematsu has done very good soundtracks, but Hitoshi Sakimoto's score for Final Fantasy Tactics was also awesome. If you like epic and orchestra-style battle music, you'll most likely end up liking Sakimoto's work. I'm also looking forward to hearing the main theme. I read in an interview that Nobuo Uematsu made it so beautiful that the game designers decided to alter the storyline a bit because of that theme.

Ouch!
08-18-2004, 08:21 PM
I loved the music from FFT, so I'm sure I'll love it in FFXII. FFXII is the most anticipated Final Fantasy release (by me at least.) I just can't wait. Like others have said, Nobuo isn't the only man out there, but he's done a great job. He's doing less and less work now, but as was said, there are others who are doing great work of their own.

I don't think the music will be a disappointment.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-22-2004, 01:52 AM
I like Nobou, but as has been said before, there are many great composers out there who are more than able to take his place, should he choose to stop working on the music.

kikimm
08-31-2004, 05:16 AM
Although most of the music isn't by him, I'm sure we've all heard some of the music, whether it be on the trailers, or on the site-but I, personally, really like what I've heard. Thumbs up.

Hey, as long as it's good, it doesn't matter who does it.

:D

Ultima Shadow
09-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I like Nobou, but as has been said before, there are many great composers out there who are more than able to take his place, should he choose to stop working on the music.
None can "replace" Nobou. He's a legend and he's the greatest game music composer there ever was.

But yes, there's other who can make great music. But Nobou is by far the best!

DJZen
09-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Oh sure, let's just ignore the accomplishments of Yoko Shimomura, Koji Kondo, Michiru Yamane, Naoki Maeda, Yasunori Mitsuda and the bazillion other accomplished composers out there.....

Takara
09-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Nobou? Try Nobuo instead. :p

And yeah, as others have said, there are many talented composers out there, some that might even be better than Nobuo Uematsu. Sure, he'll still be one of my favourites, but as long as the music is good and fitting with the atmosphere of the game, they got my vote.

Krystic
09-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Yes last I head Nobuo is on the soundtrack, but for how many songs he will actually be composing for the game is unknown. Although I did hear that he definatly is composing the main theme. Man FFXII looks amazing.

UltimateSpamGrover
09-17-2004, 04:19 AM
as long as it has the winning theme. Thats one of the first things I look for in a FF, then storyline, characters, battle system etc...

Trumpet Thief
09-17-2004, 06:47 AM
chaos: I like Yasunori. His work on the Chrono series, plus the Xeno series is great.

Rubedo: But Nobuo is a very great composer too.

Ashton
09-18-2004, 12:39 AM
I heard Nobou and the guy that did the music at FFT gonna work together on FFXII music

Dante WolfWood
09-18-2004, 02:36 AM
I believe no one can replace nobuo also. Not just bc he is one of the greatest composer EVER, but I believe No1, no matter what you do, can be replace...and maybe there are people just as great as nobuo, thats the reason hes is named ONE of the greatest composers of all time....I do feel sorry for Hitoshi Sakimoto tho....some BIG shoes to fill....well good luck! :p

DMKA
09-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Its been confirmed that he is doing some of the music...not all, but some. And personally, that makes me more than happy...just don't get another group of FFX-2 composers, please.

Chris
09-21-2004, 01:25 AM
He didn't compose the music for Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, but the soundtrack turned out to be very, very good. Kumi Tanioka is a very promising composer, perhaps she's the future composer of the serie, who knows? But anyways, don't ya' worry too much, Square Enix has many talented composers ready to take over.

Wuggly Blight
10-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Nobou is quiet talented... I prefer his work to the hash-up of all three songs in ffX/-2 and its inifite remixes.

Ouch!
10-07-2004, 08:04 PM
A good theme song can be altered to make a few other good song. Nobuo knows where to stop using the same basic outline for a song and start making new ones. Some of the newer composers don't, this is true.

Seifer
10-18-2004, 03:44 AM
I strongly disliked the music from Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. It was drab, at best.

That's just me.

Ouch!
10-18-2004, 09:27 PM
I just noticed, Takara was right. For God sakes people, if you're going to talk about him as a legend or even say you respect his work, respect his name: Nobuo!

That is all.

abrojtm
10-19-2004, 01:49 PM
...just don't get another group of FFX-2 composers, please.

^What he said^

Remnant
10-27-2004, 03:39 AM
So long as the traditional floaty epheral music I can't remember the name of is used...

And more importantly, the victory fanfare thing. So many applications...

Sitting there talking about a case in torts class with another guy, wherein a 70 yr old man who was hard of hearing tried to cross train tracks in a mule drawn carrige, and did not hear the train, which was speeding, approaching him. He did not make it over the tracks, and was killed instantly.

Later, when discussing theme music for various portions of the class, we decided, in a morbid sort of humor, that the music immediately following the train smashing the poor carrige to pieces would be...

DUN DUN DUN DUN dun Dun DUN dun DUUUN!!!!!

(Which of course is followed by the image of the conductor doing a victory dance)

DanoruX
10-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Don't forget Kajiura Yuki (Xenosaga EP2, Hack//Sign, Noir, Madlax...)

Volke
11-01-2004, 02:26 AM
Yasunori Mistuda was my second favorite square game composer after Nobuo. I think it would be fuxking awesome if he did FFXII. Although, really theres just no substitute :cry:

Lamia
11-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Sakimoto kicks butt! I think his sense of harmony, dynamics, and mode is superior to Uematsu yet.... Uematsu is still a bit more creative for the man takes influence from all kinds of music.

Both great composers though. Anyway... you know there is FFXII music already availible to listen to... so just go listen to it for yourself

Loony BoB
11-04-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm hoping that the music will be adequate at the least (and I'm confident it will be above average anyway) and that the things we'll be talking about once the game is released will include "Didn't they do the characters so well? They all developed and they all had a good story..." and "Wow, I loved that story!". ;)

But seriously, yes, it's a shame that Nobuo won't be doing the whole thing, but we should be happy that he's working on it at all. Someday we might even have a better composer - I won't count on it, but it's possible. People shouldn't cement themselves too much as time will move on.

Wuggly Blight
11-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah but credit where its due, He is very good at his work and thats why Aquare hires him and fabs like his music, there may be someone better but Nabou has earned peoples respect.

Mittopotahis
11-20-2004, 08:45 AM
No one can replace Nobuo! He is the Final Fantasy Music Master!

I have heard that he is doing 1 song only on the whole game...

Jiro
01-01-2005, 09:38 AM
sorry to burst your bubble but i read he quit. FFXII is his last job for them. I still believe he was a legend.
(don't believe everything you read on the internet)

Wilder
01-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Iīm also deeply sorry about Nobou departure, But you have to realize that he quit the project, that means the he maybe realize that his heart , his inspirtaion is focussing in any other music fields or maybe He feel that heīs not giving 100 % anymore in that games like many other musician feels in different projects. Nobou is not being replaced , he gave all that he could gave and let his place to new fresh ideas, I heard some of the XII tracks and they are very different but powerfull something Iīve never heard in a FF, that happens when time goes on on , especially in this serie , maybe the longest Serie in Video game (excuse me Mr. mario Bros but you donīt count as a serie) . Very soon Hironobu is going to leave FF too, And some other people is going to take the lead , I donīt like the idea but what can be done ?, just wait and see.

Sr. Tobias
01-11-2005, 05:22 PM
yeah, Nobuo really quit, but stated that he would continue to work with square from time to time as a freelance.
I think Nobuo is a great composer and did a terrific job with all the FF's he's made the music for, but I also really like the work of others like Masaharu Iwata, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Kumi Tanioka or Hidenori Iwasaki... they all have different styles. I don't think it would be such a bad thing to have some of them work together, and each making music for specific parts of the game, music that would translate the mood of the scene (for example, I think Iwata and Sakimoto have a more epic style, while Nobuo usually makes mellower tunes)