PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Wing

Trumpet Thief
08-18-2004, 02:56 AM
chaos: Have any of you heard of that show, or are big fans of it? It is one of my favorite animes, way better than the other ones.

Rubedo: My favorite character is Trowa; His past is really cool, and he's like the Strong, silent type. Then again, they all are, except for Duo.

Ouch!
08-18-2004, 03:02 AM
*points at the Lounge*

I've seen about half of the series, and Endless Waltz. Sadly, I moved in the middle of Cartoon Network's run of the series a couple years back, and at my new house we didn't get Cartoon Network until last year.

Luckily for me, when I finish off Freshmen year (I had a lot of set-backs) and finish with a satisfactory grade in Geometry (only a couple more days) my mother promised she would purchase the box set of the series. I can't wait.

Mo-Nercy
08-18-2004, 03:02 AM
I predict a Gundam rant from d20 in 3...2...1...

d20{fx}
08-18-2004, 03:07 AM
I'm sorry to have to tell you this but gundam wing was pretty crap compared to the other gundam series'.Although it is ok i just doesn't compare to Z gundam or the original Mobile suit gundam.

Also i wouldn't consider Quatre the strong silent type.He's more of a wuss or pussy.

But then again the mecha designs in Gundam Wing was pretty good the story was just really lame.

Ouch!
08-18-2004, 03:08 AM
Also i wouldn't consider Quatre the strong silent type.He's more of a wuss or pussy.
He was talking about Trowa, not Quatre. Though I agree, Quatre was a tad annoying with his constant blabberings of peaceful solutions.

Trumpet Thief
08-18-2004, 03:14 AM
chaos: Whoops, I can't believe I put this in General Gaming!

edczxcvbnm
08-18-2004, 04:11 AM
I liked the show. I liked it better than the original and Z. I think the other ones were just too old to get into for me. The plots moved slow(your talking to a guy who love .hack//sign here) and the animation was complete crap(back then no...today yes).

I do think Wing could have greatly benifited from being 10 episode shorter and not built things up so much. Maybe more interesting mech designs than the basic 3 through out the WHOLE SHOW!

I do admit Z was good but I didn't really care for it too much. Characters are good but I felt the stories were more like Medievil meets Space with appearance, acting and plot wise for the most part. I don't like medievil stuff for the most part.

escobert
08-18-2004, 04:18 AM
Gundam Wing was the first Anime I ever watched. I loved it and still do. I have Endless Waltz on DVD and I hope to someday afford the box set.

Trumpet Thief
09-06-2004, 06:05 AM
chaos: Quatre wasn't really that weak. When he went insane, almost no one could stop him. He demolished two colonies and a satellite, and greatly damaged another colony.

Rubedo: I wish that series never ended :cry:

Erdrick Holmes
09-06-2004, 06:13 AM
OOC: What's with the Chaos/Rubedo thing? I don't get it.

Lon611
09-06-2004, 06:34 AM
gundam wings awesome. i totally 4got how gr8 it was till sum reminded me aobut endless waltz. im 2 lazy 2 buy,ne1 kno the easiest place 2 dl it?

Trumpet Thief
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
OOC: What's with the Chaos/Rubedo thing? I don't get it.

chaos: Split Personalities...

Rubedo: And we aren't the only ones...

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* On topic, the show truly was great. I wouldn't have minded if they showed what happened after, where the boys just go onto their normal lives etc.

Trowa: Why does everyone think I'm so quiet anyway? I did talk a lot in the show you know...

d20{fx}
09-07-2004, 07:23 AM
chaos: Quatre wasn't really that weak. When he went insane, almost no one could stop him. He demolished two colonies and a satellite, and greatly damaged another colony.

Rubedo: I wish that series never ended :cry:

Of course no one could stop him. If you gave a guy the freaking wing zero you could demolish anything. That damn twin buster rifle is just a cheap plot device to keep the series moving. Seriously if i had something like the wing zero i'd be unstoppable.
:chop:

FreaQaZoiD
09-07-2004, 10:26 AM
What is this, 'Gundam Wing'?

Does it contain robots?

~~~FreaQ

Lon611
09-07-2004, 06:13 PM
hehehe...i just dl gundam wing:endless waltz...wow...amazing :D :D

Trumpet Thief
09-24-2004, 06:02 PM
choas: Even though Gundam Wing and Endless waltz ended, it's almost like Gundam SEED is continuing the story. I have watched many clips from the older Gundam series, and they were truly magnificent.

Rubedo: Anyhoo, the manga of GW was pretty cool too.