PDA

View Full Version : Why do u hate this so?

Lon611
08-18-2004, 04:35 AM
Alrighty, i've been going through various forums that give ffx alot of beef. they say it's too linear. some say it's too easy, too short, the gameplay sux, etc. some say it doesn't contend with the older "classics". Am i the only person who luvs this game?

i luvd the sphere grid over the old leveling up system. i thought finding ALL the al bhed primers was cleary genious. Graphics are second to none, and the overall aesthetic is truly B.E.A.utiful (small bruce almighty reference). and the plot is, in my opinion second to none because it explains EVERYTHING that makes the world tick, down to the very pyreflies. if you replay the game, you understand how classic and what a masterpiece it is plot-wise.i canhonestly say i was emotionally drawn to each of the characters down to the very end, and wanted to grap a tissue and cry when the ending began to play. for me, ffvii went too overboard, ffvi said things without at times explaining, and ffix threw things in to make it "a return to the old ff's".

Yes it has flaws. i agree. It's a little too linear. i would like a world map. but at the same time, there are numerous times in past ff games where i just don't know where the heck to go. the gameplay is easy, though don't you every say the bossez aren't extremely difficult and don't "match up" with the past bosses. i found the bosses from mt. gagazet and onward very difficult. and in no way is ffx the same cast that graced the ffvi or vii. but, none the less, it's a memorable cast. also, yes, tidus is a monkey butt. yes, there is no real villian. some say seymour, some say sin, some say yu yevon, heck, some say all three. but i don't really consider them evil villains because a)seymour wanted to truly "heal" spira, tho his decision making skills and the way he went about it are jacked up. b)sin is just armor made by yu yevon that's obeying it's programming to kill, and c)how can you blame yu yevon for wanting revenge 2wards bevelle after destroying zanarkand.

why do you play ff's?most would say because of the story and plot. and that's exactly what you got in ffx, along with revolutionizing the way people customize characters and making gameplay less troublessome and more strategical with the ctb. so don't go whining when you get your wish. plus, the piano scores of ffx rival most scores of the past ff's.

doesn't everybody want to see improvements and change in ff?well, thats wat you got. so tell me this. am i the only one who luvs this game and does think it contends with the past ff's, if not in all ways, most.

why do you hate this game so?
Please post and im sorri if this was longer than it had 2B.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-18-2004, 10:15 AM
I used to like FFX, until X-2 came along, kinda ruined it, mainly because FFX-2 was the absolute worst piece of crap in the history of video games

metCloud
08-18-2004, 01:35 PM
I love the game because its fun to play! I never played much of X-2 so it didnt ruin my game expirience :p . Sure the game had plenty of plot and great characters...but there are different people that like different things.
I dont think it has the best of much considering all of what else is out there but it still fun.

TasteyPies
08-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Why?

Bad voice acting
Wimpy main charicter
Big scary monsters in the beggining as oposed to beatles and big mosquitos or imps
Level up system was lame
Charicters ultimite weapons had preset abilities
The game revolved around a religion with preisteses (summoners) I liked the militarism of 4,7 and 8
lack of walkable world map(coulda just made 2 discs if there wasn't room)
Rikku wasn't nude
The evil fiend terrorizing the world was a giant floating whale that shot lazers
The, "Your dad is the badguy" scene. Not real original
Tidus fades away. I hate sad endings
Last boss is too easy
Seymour not having a good reason to be evil.
"I want to help them by killing them. Yeah, I know if they wanted to die they could do it themselves...but im better at it! PLEASE!"

Rye
08-18-2004, 04:05 PM
I do like FFX a lot, but some things about it are just so horrible they take away from the game.

I love the story line, very romantice and sweet. But Tidus was the biggest loser ever, and he made Yuna be all cheesy and loser-ish around him too.

When I was trying to re-play FFX, I got up to the "The wind it's nice" "Mmmmmm!" "Ah-ha-ha-ha!" part, and had to turn it off from the sheer lame-ness of it all. I haven't been trying to re-play a new game since.

It was also too easy at the end, and too hard at the beginning, like TasteyPies said. I had more difficulty with that machine Brother made in that snowy Macalania place than the final boss!

In conclusion, I think that FFX has a very sweet overall storyline, but some minor things ruined it.

Trumpet Thief
08-18-2004, 05:26 PM
I used to like FFX, until X-2 came along, kinda ruined it, mainly because FFX-2 was the absolute worst piece of crap in the history of video games

chaos: Exactly how I feel...

Rubedo: Yaep...

Optium
08-18-2004, 07:26 PM
The "Tidus was a wimp" mentallity is really pretty stupid. If anyone were
put through the childhood he had, never hearing a word of praise, they'd
turn out the same as Tidus did. Now in addition to that, and this is a big
one:
He gave his life to make other people happy.

Bah.
;\

.opt

SomethingBig
08-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Before I get my hands dirty in yet another FFX r teh sux0rs debate, just let me say one thing. You have to remember that everyone ticks in a different way and will like different things than other people. One more thing, please don't take anything I say to offense. I tend to get serious when debating about FFX.

1. Graphics are second to none
2. and the plot is, in my opinion second to none because it explains EVERYTHING that makes the world tick, down to the very pyreflies.
3. i found the bosses from mt. gagazet and onward very difficult.
4. why do you play ff's?most would say because of the story and plot. and that's exactly what you got in ffx, along with revolutionizing the way people customize characters and making gameplay less troublessome and more strategical with the ctb. so don't go whining when you get your wish.
5. plus, the piano scores of ffx rival most scores of the past ff's.

1. This isn't really important, but have you seen any of the Gamecube games? Or are you talking about just FF in general, because you can't compare FFX's, which was on the PS2, graphics to the others, which weren't on the PS2.
2. The plot was just cliché. Nothing mind-bogglingly new. It had a few "new" things here and there, but the overall structure has been said and done before. Boy goes on an adventure, boy finds out he has to kill his father in the end, boy joins a group that go against a government. There wasn't anything truly incredible with FFX's plot, much unlike FFVII's or VI's.
3. Like I said in the beginning, people tick in different ways. I had very little trouble with the bosses. The only boss I had real trouble with was the Seymour on Mt. Gagazet, but, realize, I didn't have Haste or Hastega. Yunalesca was damn easy, once you found out that you're not supposed to immediately cure a certain status ailment.
4. I play FF's because of story and plot, as well. In previous FF's, you made decisions that changed the course of the plot. You had a good variety of puzzles in the previous FF's and whatnot. FFX's plot, like I said before, was too simple. You couldn't change its course and it was just too linear. You want full customization? Play FFVI, VII, and VIII. I'm "whining" because I didn't get my wish.
5. Like what, Suteki Da Ne? Yeah, I agree that that was a darn good song. FFX's soundtrack doesn't compare with any of the others, though, IMO.

Overall, it's as if Square focused mainly on eye-candy with this game. Oh, and that godawful laughing scene still makes me want to murder myself at night. The first time I saw that scene.... I tore open my PS2, took the FFX DVD out, broke it in half, shot it 5 trillion times, then dropped a nuke on it.

Lon611
08-18-2004, 10:08 PM
SomethingBig, i enjoy the fact that u turned my post in2 a laundry list. :p . but, and i agree, that the graphics can't b compared 2 past ff's bcuz they're in a different console generation. and about the plot, aren't all ff's "boy goes out on adventure,meet characters that go against the government to eventually save the world"?so can't one argue that all ff's are in some way cliche? i can't speak 4 ff's I-IV tho as i haven't played them. in terms of plot, structure, it's more of a complex plot web than the typical laundry list (no pun intended :cool: ). instead of taking tidus's view of the events, take yuna's, auron's, wakka's, anyones and see how intricately they intervine and how without one action inevitably makes the whole thing collapse. wat if auron hadn't died with yunalesca?then he woudn't b able 2 go 2 zanarkand, watch over tidus, and bring him 2 spira 2 save the world (in sum ways, lucky 4 him he's dead).wat if, and i can go on 4ever with just a slight tweak of an event in the game. also, mayb its just me, which im ok with, but i don't enjoy wandering around in ff's, wondering wat i'm supposed 2 du nex. i don't level up 2 level 100 bjillion like sum ppl. plus, it fits the plot bcuz ur on a pilgrimage to save the world. i highly doubt that the locals would take light of the fact that you're wandering around while ppl r dying of sin however often the du. yes, in terms of ffvi and ffvii, it's relatively simple. ffvii did have the best cast, ffvi the best villian, ffvi and ffvii the best aesthetic. and i don't see how suteki da ne is a piano score. duz any1 feel the same way, or am i alone on this?

Aerio
08-18-2004, 10:09 PM
if you put it some simple then FFVIII wasn't any better - Boy has attitude issues, boy and his friends he meets along the way band together to save world from crazed maniac. But if you put in the facts about life stream and the reason Sepheroth is the way he is and stuff >_> then its more complex. I haven't heard of any stories about a giant creature that attacks people because some acient summoner wanted to be worshiped for ther est of his life. and the main character being a dream? That may have been used a few times but not many >_> but I shouldn't debate i usually don't know enough facts...*cough* ignore me pls no flaming >_>

Lon611
08-18-2004, 10:16 PM
sorri, im 2 lazy 2 edit my last reply.

tidus means sun in the Ryukyu (Okinawan) dialect of Japanese
yuna means moon

zaon means sun in Sanskrit
yunalesca means moon,defender of mankind

ironic that the two relationships are parallel and come full-circle from the 1st and last guardian/summerner *looks at jecht* :p. duo that defeats sin?dare i say,"sphere"?just thought id make ya'll think a lil. :D

Optium
08-19-2004, 01:26 AM
There's a damn nice orchestral version of Suteki Da Ne...
To Zanarkand is by far the best FF song ever IMO though.

.opt

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 02:17 AM
IMHO, This game rocks! simple as that. its not as good as ffVI or ffVII, but nothing is!

its better then ffX-2 by miles (which sucked so much despite being fun) and is better then ffII or ffIII.

and i believe ffIV,V,VIII,IX and X are all as good as each other. i cant pick apart between these, they are all amazing.

lets all stop silly FF bashing though. its beyond the joke. i promise to stop bashing ffII if ffVIII-X are left alone.

SomethingBig
08-19-2004, 02:32 AM
Where's the fun in not debating? If we were to just stop voicing our opinions here, then it wouldn't really be a forum, now, would it, aeris2001x2?

Unmarked Spoilers
You put up some pretty good points, Lon611. It's true that FFVI-VIII have that basic plot set-up, but doesn't it become more complex in those games, especially FFVII? The going against the government is just a minor part of the story. Same with VI and VIII. In X, the group is chased by the government for well over half of the game and it doesn't really get more complex then get from point A to point B and put orb A into slot B(the cloister trials).

Lon611
08-19-2004, 06:18 AM
i agree with SomethingBig. whats the point if u can't voice wat u think. that's wat this life is all about. And from now on, the "government" of ffx shall be hence forth referred 2 as the religion "Yevon", lol.

in ffvi-viii, im not sure if the government actually "chased" them as the cast seemed more like they were the ones interfering *luks at dictionary* :tongue: AVALANCHE is the one blowing up reactors. only after does shinra really chase them . but in x i do know that the guados chased them (literally :cool: )why?bcuz if the cast escaped with the truth that yevon is no more than false hope maintained to keep spira on life support. :eek:

Yes, i agree ffvi and vii *luks at ffviii engulfed with dust and spider webs :mad: *get more complex than trying to stop an evil corporation/empire. but doesn't X?its not merely about stopping the religion yevon because of it's biased teachings. wat abuot the story of planet that almost destroyed itself and is keeping ITSELF on life-support thru fake tradition that embody the religion Yevon. wat abuot the story that the religion yevon, isn't all that bad as it originally seems. without the teachings and summoners of Yevon, how duz spira keep itself alive?wat abuot finding out that everything u BELIEVED in is reduced to both FAIRY TALES AND MYTHS?!?!?So, so sorri 4 wakka. now, u don't need spark notes for the plot web, as i did with the plot structure of ffvii, but isn't it similarly as complex and emotional?take the story of Animal Farm for a sec. You can take it both ways, the cartoony cutesy animal fable, and the emotional, figurative, and symbolic story that Animal Farm is. Doesn't FFX du the same thing?Isn't square trying to hint us about something abuot our history, just as Animal Farm duz with the Russian Revolution?*luks at old history buk*

i apologize if it's not specifically the russian revolution, but it was a revolution none-the-less.

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 06:26 AM
sorry. what i mean is we can debate, but alot of ppl, and myself included, will sumtimes descending into just slagging an ff game.

ffX was a different take on things cause u knew Jecht wasSIN from almost the outset. the major exploration of the game, as already mentionedwas finding the truth behind the myths. discovering the truth behind Yevon, Zanerkand, Sin and Tidus etc.

the game was linear, but the story was not. it was full of twists and turns that amazed me as much as even the Best FF.

at the end of the day though, Quality is all that matters. ffX has that in abudence.

Lon611
08-19-2004, 06:58 AM
quality in what sense?aesthetic?music?graphics *laughs*?characters?emotions?

If you're talking abuot the aesthetic, then i do agree, vi and vii have a nicer aesthetic, tho i enjoy the island/paradis/water aesthetic that engulfs spira almost 2 the same extent as i du vi and vii.

in my opinon the piano scores, along with Otherworld, should be heldf in the highest regard. take to zanarkand, via purifico(?), suteki da ne (i kno it's not a piano score), servants of the mountain (same, i kno), and a host of others. i see those scores the best music in ff, tho not by far.

Graphics?no contest, even if ff's are in differnet console generations, you can't compare generations.

characters?i agree, the plethora of characters that graced vi and vii are far beyond those of x. but x still has the chemistry between chracters that the others have.

emotions?well, if you didn't soften up at the ending, ur a robot :eek: . and if you didn't think the zanarkand fmv was awesome, then i don't know. or the sending fmv. or the "kilika dusk" fmv. and for those of u who wanted to gouge your ears with steak forks through the laughing scenes of yuna and tidus, i too agree. but who would have thought that square had the genius to take the laughing scene at luca (painful and dorky, i agree, tho how many of us are really that much cooler?lol, JUST KIDDING), which had a COMPLETELY different meaning the first time, then take it and make such an emotional scene about it and change the context of every line?that's genius.

For those of you who "claim" that sin being jecht was easily foreshadowed and out in the open before the scene happened, i don't know wat 2 say. stop playing video games and go take miss cleo's job.(JUST KIDDING, just a little joke)i still think that the luca scene where tidus finds out that sin is jecht is THE best voice-acted scene in the game.

"Is, he alive?"
"It depends on what you mean by alive.
He is...no longer human."
Re-watch auron and tidus's voice acting in that scene. B.E.A.utiful :cool:

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 07:05 AM
yep. the game had sum awful acting, but ALSO some fantastic acting. that was one such scene.

and i mean quality in all of the above. it is not ffVI,VII. BUT it is still an absolutly amazing game. the FF seris is far from dead.

Lon611
08-19-2004, 07:34 AM
i agree. SOME ppl think that ff has gone downhill since vi and vii. why?i
don't kno. but i disagree.

final fantasy is more of a mountain range. it has up and downs. vi and vii were amazing. with viii, i can't say bcuz i haven't gotten past 2hrs, lol. i'm sorri, i got bored with "lets go find ifrit then head back to class". plz don't yell at me for that plz :D

vi and vii were a peak of that mountain range. some would argue viii was a "valley" ix could be either, depending on ur take. X was a nother peak of the mountain range. and X-2 was, unforunately, below sea level, lol :D. xi was what u want it 2 be, and xii looks like (in my opinion)bring back the good ol karma that vi and vii were blessed with. but in no way is X something you should shake your head at and wonder where they went wrong. i think ff will enjoy mayb 1 or 2 good ff's, hit a stump at the second release of ff on the ps3, then wow us all again.

by overall, u mean just overall greatness?i both agree and understand its no vi or vii. thankx 4 the great point aeris. i just strongly want 2 make ppl see that ffx isn't the "downfall" or "whipping-boy of complaints" that ppl make it out 2B. it's more complex and very intricate if you get past the "oh, great graphics. this must be the only thing good about this game.""i hate the gameplay". it's a GREAT ff that, dare i say, challenges, the best ff's?it doesn't win in terms of "best" , but i think it puts up a great fight and is in the same neighborhood that some and most don't see.

im also personally interested in SomethingBig's comments, if he's here, along with any1 else including you aeris and who has an opinon on the subject!thankx

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 07:44 AM
wise words Lon611 and i totally agree. i dont think ffVIII was a bad game. it was amazing in fact. but after ffVI and ffVII, it couldnt compare. but ff still rules. ffIX was breath taking and...ffX :D

and FF will return. ff returned after the swamp of ffII and the mediocrity of ffIII. and it will do the same after ffX-2. ffX-2 did end a huge run of classic games for me (ffIV-X) but ffXII looks wonderful.

i wonder how production of ffXIII and planning of ffXIV is coming along? :cool:

Lon611
08-19-2004, 07:55 AM
ffxiii and iv?im OVERWHELMED with the thoughts that come to mind. can the impossibilities that previously plagued ff's become an everyday trend?i hope so. thanks 2 everyone who posted their opinions and especially 2 SomethingBig and aeris2001x2. but everyone can and SHOULD still post their ideas bcuz in no way is the debate ever really over when it comes 2 ff's.

what if EVERYTHING happend in real-time?that'll b the day when i'll drool over a video game! :hyper: wat if they made an all out ff?the ff 2 end all ff's?wat if they linked all the worlds 2gether in one GIGANTIC video game, like kingdom hearts?Now that will be the day wen i will actually soend sleepless nights playing a ff. wat if, they truly made a MMORPG(?), except it had a great and detailed plot, where the entire online community had to bond 2gether to save the universe?OOH Happy Dayz!tell me wat u think!

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 08:02 AM
i,m sorry, i,m goona burst your current happy bubble :shame: . but imho, i dont think FF should ever go complete real time. it ceases to be ff then i believe. i think keeping the classic ATB ffIV-IX should be kept at the core of any evolution.

but your other ideas are exciting. i hope i,m here for all these new ff games, though ff had better end before i die...cant bare the thought of missin any :tongue:

Lon611
08-19-2004, 08:13 AM
atb?really?im sorry, but 4 me, once ffx came out, it was ctb till the end. im playing ffvi rite now, and the atb just doesn't do it nemore. 4 me, it doesn't have the same level of strategy.

and what i mean by all real-time was the screen didn't fade off when u fight (similiar 2 ffx). actually, what i meant by all real time, i can't really remember. hopefully fmv's never get old. but what if technology and graphics got so superb that fmvs became real time in a way. duz that make sense?graphics were lifelike, yet it was as if it was pre-rendered in an fmv.

oh, and by the way, as long as ive been conversing with ppl online, i still don;t know wat imo or imho means, so im alittle lost at a few of those abbreviations. ne help?

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 08:19 AM
i,m sorry. misunderstood u. you mean like completly real looking? that would be very cool indeed, though i dont want them 2 go too real.

CTB does allow for more tactics, but i think the way forward is classic atb but evolved. though i,ll be happy as long as they stay away from ffX-2 atb(so awful).

p.s- imo just means In My Opinion, with imho just adding Humble into the phrase.

Lon611
08-19-2004, 08:29 AM
thanks for the help.

in no way is this relevant and i think we should've moved the last couple posts to the "general ff" section, but wouldn't it be interesting if square made a sims game featuring ff characters?or an actual show?

"this week, tidus cheats on yuna with both lulu and rikku at the same time!!!"
"also, auron doesn't like how wakka is playing blitzball in the house"
"kefka spills his make-up all over the crews brand new suv, while locke goes "treasure hunting" at the local k-mart. last we heard, he's doing 15 days in the slammer."

sorri i got carried away. it's hard 2 keep yourself entertained at midnight *shakes alarm clock*

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 08:33 AM
lol thats fine. there actually was an ff sim game i saw at a friends. i,m assuming it was some fan game.

lol, here its 8:32am. aint time really screwy

Lon611
08-19-2004, 08:43 AM
8:32am???geez. the wurld shud jus be 1 time zone.

neways, do u kno where i can download that ff sims game, or was it custom?i can spend the rest of the year with all the possibilities, hehehe, lol.

and you've never played tactics?get ready for a tough one (i've only heard, never played :cry: )e-bay is always an option.

Imperia
08-19-2004, 04:37 PM
I absolutely love this game. This and X-2. I like them even more than FF VII. I love the storyline, I love the music, and I love the characters. I think Yuna's awesome, and I think Tidus is very sweet and brave (and I STRONGLY disagree with those who say he's a whimp. Optium pretty much said how I feel about it). I'd rather have a guy who's got innocence and heart, than a guy who's a stone-cold stoic like Squall.

Lon611
08-19-2004, 06:42 PM
very well said imperia. i don;t believe tidus is a wimp either, though i consider you a tru warrior if you can actually go through the laughing scenes without turning on the "mute" button.he is one of the better good guys because, likem optium stated , he gave his life 2 save every1.although immature at points, i feel once he got 2 understand spira, he matured.

that being said, it would still be nice to get away from the "lighter" main characters from ix and x and see more of a cloud/squall type in the main role of xii. but by the looks of vaan *looks, then shakes head*, it looks like the mute button is gonna get us thru some tuff spots once again.

SomethingBig
08-19-2004, 09:59 PM
This is a bit late, but whatever.

Unmarked Spoilers

FFX and its "plot twists":
-Jecht is Sin
-Auron is dead
-Tidus is merely a dream

FFVII and its plot twists:
-Cloud isn't Cloud
-Aeris dated Zack
-Aeris is a Cetra
-Sephiroth is a Cetra
-Aeris dies
-Marlene isn't Barret's daughter
-You aren't actually following Sephiroth around
-You aren't actually supposed to attack while its tail's up(heh, just had to say that. YES, I KNOW THAT IT WAS JUST A MISTRANSLATION.)
There are also others at the tip of my tongue.

The point I'm trying to make is that the twists in FFVII aren't just regular, everyday twists. I had to play the game well over two times to find out what was going on. The only "twist" in FFX that I didn't see coming was the third one. Another thing that bothers me about the "twists" is that the game spoon feeds it to you. The twists in other FFs actually require you to think about them and explore to piece the clues together. You also make decisions in order to find stuff out. FFX barely had any decision making. In fact, you didn't even make the decisions for them. Some plot interaction that is.

Tidus: Let's see... Be a whiny idiot, or just attempt to keep my cool.
Wakka: Stick with Yevon, or stick with the group.
Yuna: Summoner or not?

Lon611
08-19-2004, 11:02 PM
How is the main character being a dream, ur mentor being dead, and the main character's father being the demon that brings terror into the world is part of the "everyday" plot twist gegroup? i knew auron was dead bcuz of seymour's "y ar u still here?sorri, we guado have a keen sense of the farplane." but the other 2?i didn't know that sin was jecht until that luca scene, and tidus being a dream confused me 4 awhile so that i had to "think about it" and the war what really happend.

aeris and sephiroth being a cetra i saw from a mile ahead. isn't there a huge scene about both of them?cloud was foreshadowed many times. i haven't played ffvii in a LONG time, but a scene in cosmo canyon with tifa that hinted that somehtng with cloud was up. what about in ffx about yu yevon wanting revenge for the destruction of bevelle?that wasn't a plot twist?what about yuna being half-al bhed, which is the reason 4 her being moved to besaid in fear of the yevon church in bevelle. that was a plot twist. i didn't notice one eye was blue and the other green until someone pointed it out.

yes, ffx moved very fluidly such as a movi, and didn't allow for much decision-making. but as i said in a previous post is, ffx has a very intricate plot web, instead of the "this is what happens". in the plot web, you don't really understand what’s going on and are allows your imagination to run wild with guesses until what really happens is said. and that's why square was allowed to make a sequel, no matter how horrible it was. the reason why square was able to make x-2 is bcuz with the plot web, you can add things where u desire. but with other ff's, like ffvii (im not picking on it, i luv the game), but you can only add things in the beginning or the end (before crisis and advent children) because of the "this is what happens" format.

in terms of being "spoon-fed". i disagree.in past ff's, there's more of a sense of waiting for more info to be revealed than trying to fill in the missing pieces of the plot. so i would say ffx has more of a sense of pure "contemplation".

Basically, my main point being is what I’ve stated in the past posts. In no way is ffx the best. But it’s a lot more detailed and complex than what you first see. I’m just trying to get ppl 2 understand it does deserve to be in the same standard set by ffvi and vii in terms of greatness. All three just have different types of greatness. It’s just that, with vi and vii, it’s greatness is out in the open. You KNOW of their greatness. But with x, it’s a little bit hidden.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 02:10 AM
just my two cents. there have already been unmarked spoilers though, so i wont bother [utting spoiler tags.

Sephiroth is NOT a cetra. thats a common misconception. Rufus is very wrong.

Cloud WAS Cloud, however he had Zack memories meshed into his. he is NOT ZACK COMPLETLY. another misconeception.

Sephiroth is in the northern cave, not the one you follow. however, this Jenova Death creature u follow had Sephiroths spirit intergrated into it and also controlled it.

however both ffVII and ffX had amazing story plot twists. just that ffVII is better imho...

Lon611
08-20-2004, 06:16 AM
very well said aeris2001x2.

i do agree that vi and vii are superbly better overall, but i thought i would use this tread 2 get my opinion across to say that i feel strongly that x is in the upper latter of the ff empire along with vi and vii. thankx 2 every1 once again who voiced there opinions, good or bad, positive, or negative, and to everyone who agreed, disagreed, or agreed to disagree. :D

On a minor note, does ne1 hav a release date for advent children in the us?early on it was supposed 2 b released in the summer, but those chances are getting slimmer... :mad: i actually had a better question, but it left me wen i was reading this :eek: i'll ask wen i remember. thanks everybody!

Ryth
08-20-2004, 11:00 PM
I love this game everything is practically perfect and Sphere Grid is the best ability system EVER I used to think it was confusing (that feeling was very short lived.) now my guys are supermen (women) I do though like having levels I feel special having Lv.100 characters and such but eh oh well.

P.S: You want Seymour in your party? You do don't you? I haven't tryed it but once you beat Seymour for the first time talk to his corpse he will join your party ta'da! Remember I haven't tryed it so if it doesn't work don't yell at me.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 11:04 PM
nope it dont work, which is such a shame. Seymour should have been more of a main bad guy then just a sub villian...

Lon611
08-21-2004, 12:45 AM
i don' think square would've allowed seymour in your party bcuz it wouldn't make much sense and it would change the rest of the game. none-the-less, it would be fun... :D

I think seymour would've been a better bad guy if he wasn't so "im really evil yet im a maester and im in control. i also hav a cool and fancy way of talking." nothing wrong with seymour, but there's major room for improvement. If seymour was the type of bad guy who had a motive and didn;t care about developing some secret plan , and just went aobut it recklessly and killed whoever he thought should die, i think more ppl would like seymour. then again, it's always fun seeing how bad guys think through their plans....

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 01:44 AM
well he did have a motive. he saw the world as suffering and painful and only upon its destruction would he save everyone. though in reality it was just an excuse. he probably just blamed the world for the death of his mother.

square_is_the_best
08-21-2004, 02:15 AM
I absolutely love this game. This and X-2. I like them even more than FF VII. I love the storyline, I love the music, and I love the characters. I think Yuna's awesome, and I think Tidus is very sweet and brave (and I STRONGLY disagree with those who say he's a whimp. Optium pretty much said how I feel about it). I'd rather have a guy who's got innocence and heart, than a guy who's a stone-cold stoic like Squall.

Yeah. What she said. Tidus and Yuna are my favorite FF charecters. The FFXs are awesome. I'm sure they will be my all time favs for QUITE some time. And no I can't choose between the two.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 02:37 AM
i really fail to see how FFX-2 could be liked more then any of the ff games from IV-X. but each to their own i guess...

Lon611
08-21-2004, 04:44 AM
yah, me 2. obviously since i startd this thread, i luv ffx, but even 2 me ffx-2 isn't really that appealing. in my eyes, ffx and x-2 are different games for a reason. i've never played ffx-2, so i can't back myself up with facts on this with facts from the gameplay, but 2 me, they should've left ffx without ffx-2. that scene after the credits where tidus is swimming upward in the sea could've been the perfect "end-it-all." it was vague enough 2 let your imagination run wild with wat happens but gives an ever so slight nudge wat probably wud've.

props 2 those who really luv ffx-2 and stick up 4 it tho :jap:

Del Murder
08-21-2004, 07:59 PM
This game didn't do it for me. It was good, but not that good. Tidus looked too much like some random Japanese kid and his personality was too outgoing. I'm neither outgoing nor Japanese so I found it hard to identify with him, which is something I look for in a main character. The plot was decent but too linear for my tastes, that and the lack of world map actually ruined a lot of it for me. Getting older might have something to do with it, too.

Lon611
08-22-2004, 05:38 AM
well, every1 has his or her own opinion...i don't see how being a certain race has nething 2 do with relating to a main character in a video game tho, just bcuz they LOOK japanese.

i hav outgoing friends and im not super outgoing, but we still relate.

you shouldn't think the reason you don;t like something is bcuz of your age. ppl should kno wat they like and not hav 2 settle for nething else. ;)

i think it;s interesting how ppl mistake the plot for the gameplay. the gameplay is linear (walk here 2 there), yes, but i don't feel that the story is. it twists, turns, and makes you guess and wonder just like ne other ff.

Del Murder
08-22-2004, 09:14 AM
I meant the plot takes you on a linear path. It has its own twists and turns, yes. I just wasn't able to get into them because I was stuck on some path I couldn't break away from.

Tidus was more of a character than a hero. For me a good RPG hero lets you become him. Tidus did too many things on his own to allow me to do that.

I know what I like, it's just that age influences that. If I ate a really good sandwich I would like it a lot, but if I ate it over and over again for 10 years it wouldn't be as good as the first time, even if I added something extra to it every time. It's still the same sandwich, and still good, it's just hard to get excited over it anymore.

Ryth
08-22-2004, 02:08 PM
well he did have a motive. he saw the world as suffering and painful and only upon its destruction would he save everyone. though in reality it was just an excuse. he probably just blamed the world for the death of his mother.

Oh that Seymour thing was a fake. Okay but anyway Aeris2001x2 if you would leave "Asuka's embrace" maybe you would of noticed Seymour's mom didn't die she became an aeon, Anima, So now she's one of the Fayth. Man I wish Seymour didn't have such BAD hair! I liked FFX-2 but I do have to say this sure isn't what FFX fans were asking for they weren't asking for a non-linear, happy-go-lucky, dress changing (nicly done, the job changing system though but travels too far away from the Sphere Grid) RPG with the ATB battle system (but it is done better than FFIII-FFIX). It was a fun game but not what the fans were asking for I mean it satisfies someone it satisfies me and my friend Joel, Gary Stienman (gave FFX-2 a 5 out of 5 December 2003 issue), Ethan Einhorn (GameNOW December 2003 issue which got a A).

Lon611
08-22-2004, 09:51 PM
but in order 2 become an aeon, you need 2 become a fayth. and fayth are the souls of the dead. so seymour's mom did die.

i agree with aeris2001x2 ,though, cuz i think he he has an interesting point. seymour probably did blame the world for the death of his mother (her becoming a fayth/aeon). if spira wasn't the "spiral of death", then there would be no reason for her to protect her son, and thus becoming a fayth (dying!!!). good observation aeris2001x2, that one slipped by me. :meditate:

on another note, as many times as i've replayed this game, this would be my first time trying out the super bosses at the monster arena. anyone completely complete the sphere grid (not for international) and how long did it take?

aeris2001x2
08-23-2004, 10:59 AM
hey thanks Lon611 4 coming 2 my defense :)

i do wonder if Seymour was just using that as an excuse. i,d have 2 replay the game and anaylse his actions, but it does seem the most likely motive.

p.s- hey what is wrong about Asuka's embrace? and why r u pretending to be my Dark Lord Sephiroth? :p

Lon611
08-24-2004, 04:22 AM
i don't kno wat asuka's embrace is(plz aeris2001x2, don't be insulted by my ignorance on that :D ) but i think ur rite about seymour. but he could also be terrozing the wourld becuz of his own mistakes, not bcuz of his mom. yes she died, and he blames the world for it, but more importantly, i think he could also be pissed at himself.

if i'm not mistaken, seymour is summoner, and on the pilgrimage at zanarkand(?) his mom decides to protect him and become a fayth, to dfeat sin im assuming. but seymour ran away like a coward and never dfeated sin. so now that he's older and after much contemplation, he could be under the influence that his mother died for nothing, and it's his fault. that's the only other reason i can think of :rolleyes2 . if im inaccurate, plz correct me and we'll figure things out.

for those of you who don't know, im putting away ffx for good. i don't feel like explaining myself again, but im doing it basikali bcuz, well, go and check out my ffvii thread. click here (forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=49756)

but that doesn't mean we can't still dbate about ffx, or ne questions or hateful (lol) things u hav 2 say about it. keep posting!!!

duz ne1 kno the name of the song that pays during the scene in luca when tidus finds out the truth about his father?that wud help a lot. thankx

Ryth
08-24-2004, 09:16 PM
hey thanks Lon611 4 coming 2 my defense :)

i do wonder if Seymour was just using that as an excuse. i,d have 2 replay the game and anaylse his actions, but it does seem the most likely motive.

p.s- hey what is wrong about Asuka's embrace? and why r u pretending to be my Dark Lord Sephiroth? :p

Sorry I was being a smartass :shame: and I haven't played through FFX for like 2 years and nothing is wrong really w/ Asuka's embrace but Asuka being mean most of the time might pop your head off and I AM YOUR DARK LORD SEPHIROTH I'm just more relaxed when my followers aren't around and since I can't remember ALL of my followers I forgot you were a follower now run off and shine my sword for me, you will won't you? (Aeris2001x2 nods) Good follower. :).

Lon611
08-25-2004, 07:53 AM
Sephiroth, i think u need 2 get off of aeris2001x2 and relax. geez. and wud some1 explain 2 me wat asuka's embrace means?is it from an anime?my collection doesn'y go past db/dbz/dbgt, lol. also, i'd REALLY like 2 kno the title of the song that plays in luca when tidus finds out the truth about his father from auron. thankx :D

Jolts
08-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Famm, E teth'd naymmo tecmega dra Ym Prat myhkiyka (yldiymmo, E druikrd ed fyc y luum etay), pid ed tet kad y ped yhhuoehk cusadesac.

Well, I didn't really dislike the Al Bhed language (actually, I thought it was a cool idea), but it did get a bit annoying sometimes.

aeris2001x2
08-25-2004, 09:05 AM
lol, thats ok my lord, i forgive u :jap: .

Asuka is a main character in the best Anime ever made, Neon Genesis evangelion. u should get into anime proper, it rocks.

sos, i cant remember the song's name. have u tried seeing if it is in your Luca music or fmv collection?

Lon611
08-25-2004, 09:19 AM
yah, i've heard of that anime. im not sure, but i've seen it b4

i tried looking through my music spheres, cuz that was the first place i'd look, but it wasn't there. it's possible square didn't put it there. if im right, they also didn't put "the sending" or "otherworld". :mad: it could be a part of another song, i didn't listen 2 every minute of every song. if ne1 out there could help out, that'd be appreciated :p

Ryth
08-25-2004, 04:58 PM
lol, thats ok my lord, i forgive u :jap: .

Asuka is a main character in the best Anime ever made, Neon Genesis evangelion. u should get into anime proper, it rocks.

sos, i cant remember the song's name. have u tried seeing if it is in your Luca music or fmv collection?

Thank you. I read the manga of Neon Genesis Evangelion I just got issues 7 and 8 from the library. Great manga wonderful, wonderful comic!

square_is_the_best
08-26-2004, 03:32 AM
This always happens to threads discussing why this FF sux why it rules. It dies. A person will say something like "its just your opinion and I can't see things from your point of view but oh well" or something to that effect. Then everyone goes into a group hug and the subject changes. All in just a few posts. Just a phenomenon I noticed. But don't get me wrong. I don't want anymore threads like this. Let people opinions be theirs and lets not try to force them into having ours.

Lon611
08-26-2004, 04:28 AM
lol, yah i noticed that 2. but at the same time, if sum1's being biased about a game, don't u feel u shud show them dat they're missing out?when someone makes a crude remark at one of your fav ff's, it's almost feels like they're taking a shot at u. so don't u feel u shud at least defend urself, and show that the game is actually more than it appears to them?

ppl can't keep their opinions to themselves in general, let alone in a forum. no1's intentionally trying to force their opinions on nebody (i hope). but thru discussion, omniscient knowledge of game can be obtained, allowing every1 to make their own judgements based on more facts than they were originally based on.

sorri if that kinda sounded preachy, im hella bored n no1's really posting about ff ironically. at least abuot the ones i can comment on cuz i haven't played/finished nearly all of them. that, and i haven't really posted a lot in general, lol. sorry. but feel free 2 post away!

Lon611
08-26-2004, 05:18 AM
well, i dcided this needs a new post. sorri. but say u could buy ffx-2 for about 25-35 dollars brand new *looks inside store*. even knowing that a lot of ppl dislike it, wud u still buy it, already knowing that it's completely different than ffx?i'm speaking hypothetical of course :shifty:

2 me, the aesthetic, battle system, storyline, music, is unappealing. yet at the same time....it's not. sort of a "breathe of fresh air" type of feeling. like a "i don't feel like having a moody main character with a big sword stopping an evil corporation that's killing the planet.i want hot chicks in thongs flying around collecting sphere's singing pop songs" (sorry for my generalization, ROFL). is it so wrong to want to give ffx-2 a chance?

sorry, but this thread is running out of stuff 2 discuss, and i don't wanna start a new thread debating ffx-2.

escobert
08-26-2004, 05:37 AM
Lon611 Use the edit button instead of double posting :p that way the mods don't delet your posts. :D

Lon611
08-26-2004, 05:44 AM
i kno. i usually do *looks ashamed :shame: *. but i thought since both of them were completely differnet it'd at least be a little okay. im sorry. :shame: but, iunderstand if u use this place like aim they're gona kill u :p , but if u just double post, n the subjecs ar completely different, n u write a lot in both, it'd be at least a little bit justified.

newbie question :would sum1 explain 2 me why mods hate double posting. i know they hav 2 edit more posts then, but still...

long story short, sorri

escobert
08-26-2004, 05:50 AM
They say "it makes the forums look messy" or atleast that's what they used to say. I really don't care if people double post but, It's nice not having your post being deleted :p. And yeah Maybe since they were different and long they might not delete them.

Lon611
08-26-2004, 05:55 AM
well thanks 4 explaining :p

but just for the record forums already look messy. it's inevitable. THEY"RE FORUMS. how many times do ppl go off topic, or randomly join a convo, or talk about something differnet than every1 else is. plus, every1 shortcuts words. i've cleaned up my typing immensely since joining, but look how ppl type words. geez. sorri, just felt id reply :eek:

Ryth
08-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Well most forums have "ranks" the more posts you make the closer you get to the next rank which in 1Up.com forums if you have a certain amount of posts you can join clubs like the Hylian Knights and in Shining Force Central you get ranks and gold to buy online Shining Force collectables (they are fake) and they probaly don't want them "cheating" and yea it makes the forums look really messy and most of the time it pisses ppl off for some reason like once I accidently posted the same post 5 times I don't know what happened but I was yelled at by 4 ppl fortunatly I wasn't banned (YAY!!!) that is all I could think of.

Lon611
08-27-2004, 05:35 AM
does ne1 find ffx difficult the first time through?because i know i've heard a lot of ppl complaining that it was easy. i had 2 buy a walkthrough, and it was STILL tough. the sinspawn at mushroom rock(?) took like 5 battles, seymour flux (the one on mt gagazet) to be EXTREMELY difficult. it took me a probably a good 10-15 long, hard fought battles to finally squeek one by...spectral keeper and yunalesca both took me around 6 tries, and braskas final aeon took me around 10!!!!it's very annoying to sit and collect 100 of those items just to fight him that many times!!!!!!not only that, but the cloister of trials weren't exactly a breeze.

second time through however was a cake-walk.

newayz, just thought id ask that, and also, wat do you guys do with your walkthroughs after you've completely beat everything?

Yevonite
08-27-2004, 08:48 AM
As i can say, the hardest fantasy for me was the 1st original fantasy. 10th fantasy was the easiest i ever played. But Flux still very hard. :)
Optional bosses are hard to but compared to the Ruby and Emerald weapon in FF7...

Lon611
08-27-2004, 08:57 AM
do you think that square is generally making it easier so ppl finish it and get to marvel at the plot?tat's waht ive thought. although ffx still has gr8 innovations.

Yevonite
08-27-2004, 09:05 AM
I like this fantasy more than others because of voice of actors. It is realy hard sometimes to imagine what realy feels the character...

Lon611
08-27-2004, 09:20 AM
yah me 2. with ffx, it's a lot easier to invoke emotions because of the voice acting. but id also take my hat off to the music,graphics, and plot ;)

Yevonite
08-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Especially music... Zanarkand theme and ending music are perfect!! Also the single Suteki Da Ne by Rikki in orchestra version is very beautiful. Macalania Woods Spring video is the best video i ever saw in fantasy!

Lon611
08-27-2004, 07:37 PM
i like a lot of the songs, like the theme song for besaid, auron's theme, a feelting dream, the sending, servant's of the mountain, via purifico, otherworld, along with the ones you just said :D

in ffx, i think the spring is one of the better fmv's, if you don't include the ending as an "fmv" even tho it is. but the "zanarkand fmv" rules, along with...."the dance". oooh, don't 4get the ones when you get to bevelle!!! :exdee:

in terms of ever in a ff, i'd have to almost agree. the ffx fmv's rule over all competition,tho you can't really compare ps graphics wit ps2. but i agree except for ffvi intro (anthology) and the bahamut/alexander fight in ffix, along with kuja destroying terra!those belong/should be remade for the nex gen. :exdee:

EDIT: lemme reply 2sumthing SomethingBig said a LONG time ago, that i answered but i just tot of sumthing. okay, in past ff's, the cast goes up against the government, then the plot becomes so much more. in ffx, the group doesn't know Yevon is evil and goes against it, and then the plot grows immensly. theres a difference. originally knowing what's evil and not knowing wats evil.iuno if that made sense, but it did 2 me, lol

Ryth
08-29-2004, 07:53 PM
I only got stuck at Lady Yunalaseca and Evrae. FFX was the easiest FF ever it is actually the only one I've beaten but I've alsomost beaten FFIX.

Lon611
08-29-2004, 08:02 PM
well x could be considered the easiest but i had a lotta truble with some of the bosses. not all of them ,just like seymour flux, braskas final aeon, lady yunlesca. and that one sinspawn during operation mi'ihen. then i figured out ur supposed to kill his head first :eek: :D . plus i hate lvling up. il do it if i think it'l help, but still... :mad: but yah it's pretty easy. still one of my favorites , tho :D .

ix was hard in memoria. not extremely difficult, just make sure you save at every chance you get. necron's hard, and so is gizamulke. only two real bosses i've had truble with. oooh, and kuja. and zorn and thorn!!!when they combine

Ryth
08-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Speaking of FFIX where do you get Cinna's Hammer I missed it this time but next time I'll go get it for the added scene at the end and I want it real bad (I'm in Terra so really I just highly doubt Cinna's Hammer shows up) and how exactly do you raise your thief rank?

Lon611
08-31-2004, 03:41 AM
UNMARKED SPOILERS

im really sorri, but iun remember all the dtails from that game like weapons and such. but i do kno dat the "extra" ending is no more than an extra scene in the play "I Want To Be Your Canary." unless your an english major, i personally don't see the reason to go after this. it's only like an extra 45 seconds neways. at the time of completing the game, i personally thot it was truly an "extra" ending. or an alternate ending. but it's nothin more than a brief add-on. sorri 2 burst your bubble. i could be wrong about this, but i doubt im far off. you can try if your heart desires :D

in terms of "theif rank" do you mean like changing "steal 2 "mug". i believe it's a weapon (duh), but which one im not sure. agn, it's been a long time since the last time i played it. sori i can't be more
help :shame:

EDIT: okay, i kno that ffx international has a monkey butt-load of junk that we americans wer lucked out of. but i don't remember hearing anything about ffx-2 international having much stuff extra besides an extra dungeon. i kno u get some dress sphere (i don't kno wat im talkin about since ive never played x-2) but ne superbosses im unaware of?

Ashton
08-31-2004, 05:19 PM
I love FFX though the voice acting was kinda bad, but the battle system was awesome and the music(specially the theme song)
and I think the game is great...

Lon611
09-01-2004, 05:59 AM
every1 knows how each ff has the plot goes around and twists and turns right?and then it goes back in time like a couple thousand years (5000 yrs in ffix, 1000 yrs in ffx). well, instead of learning about the past of a ff, would any1 like 2 see a prequel 2 a ff?i always thot that would be really kewl.

like, instead of taking the viewpoints of someone from ffx, you'd take the viewpoints from the zanarkand that existed 1000 yrs ago. then the game would play out, and when the game is done, the ending would have something 2 do with the reason for the actual game. like for instance, if there was a prequel 2 ffx, the ending would be the ppl getting turned into fayths on mt. gagazet. . i mean, i know youd know how things ended before hand, but i thot itd be kewl to see things play out and such.

i would just like 2 kno what ne1 thinks about this idea

Lord_Seymour
09-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Alright, your all on to something here, but, FFX brings something brand new to the FF experience, voice acting, it brings the characters to life, personally, i thaught the scene with Auron and Tidus which revealed that Sin was Jecht was great, aside from Tidus's voice, it was great, nothing like the pure madness that enveloped Cloud when he realised that all his memories were fake, but it was touching, and when i found out that Auron was dead and how he died, that was cool how he attacked yunalesca, but kinda disturbing seeing him break his neck like that... but the voice is cool, because it gives you a clearer picture of a character. Tho i think that Crispen Freeman would have made a far cooler voice actor for Auron, they chose well, not like Kingdom Hearts where they foolishly toyed with out emotions by bringing Aeris back, bastards... and am i alone in the belief that cloud loosing to a frigin kid with a key was embarrasing?

I am disgusted.

P.S.
I heard talk of a FFVII prequil about vincents past. just a rumour?

Lon611
09-01-2004, 05:28 PM
well, i think i've heard about the prequel your talking about but then again im not sure. cloud didn't lose to a freaking kid because i lost 2 him :rolleyes2 .

ooh, by the way, they didn't bring aeria back because she technically hadn't died yet. i read an interview somewhere that says she's younger in kingdom hearts than she is in ffvii. tho my memory could be betraying me, lol.

Ryth
09-02-2004, 12:56 AM
They are making a prequel to FFVII called Before Crisis for um the cell phone and a good prequel, like I mentioned in another thread, Braska's journey and I heard of that Vincent thing I haven't heard ANYTHING about it since I read that one thread. Well thanks for the FFIX help Lon61.

Lord_Seymour
09-04-2004, 06:11 AM
Well, if aeris is younger in kingdom hearts, then why is cloud looking for her? They didnt know each other till FF7. Square shoulda just kept with their faggot kid characters (tho they starten to look nice in kh2) and leave out FF7 charcters, the voices for em were gay to.

DMKA
09-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Its the 2nd best game ever made in my opinion...it just rocks so damn hard...I love it to death...I've yet to hear valid, or ever true raggings on the game, besides the linear complaint...thats the only big downfall...besides that, the game is sheer brilliance. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go play it again. :love:

Lon611
09-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Well, if aeris is younger in kingdom hearts, then why is cloud looking for her? They didnt know each other till FF7.

you have a point there, but then again, all the ages are messed up in kh. why are tidus, wakka, and selphie kids?the point is, the ages are mesed up, and i do believe that you have a point about bringing aeris back. but somebody talked 2 square about this in an interview, and they said she was younger. maybe some1 could help with this?

Its the 2nd best game ever made in my opinion...it just rocks so damn hard...I love it to death...I've yet to hear valid, or ever true raggings on the game, besides the linear complaint...thats the only big downfall...besides that, the game is sheer brilliance. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go play it again.

i honestly couldnt have said it better myself