PDA

View Full Version : Bums and Roses

Strider
08-18-2004, 06:17 AM
Inspired by a real experience.

Let's say you've got a hot date. Or something.

You're driving down the freeway to meet your date for dinner or whatever and all is right with the world. You had everything prepared perfectly, but as your exit approaches, you suddenly realize you forgot something...

A rose for your date.

What now? You pull off at your exit and wait at the stoplight, and notice a bum selling (of all of the things on Earth) roses. Say what? Normally they just beg or mess up your windshield by "cleaning" it, but there they are. On the corner with a plastic bag full of red roses.

What do you do? Would you trust a bum selling roses?

Del Murder
08-18-2004, 06:29 AM
I'd skip that whole mess and just go with 'I would have bought you a rose, but I didn't want it to get jealous being next to someone as beautiful as you.' Cheaper that way.

escobert
08-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Yeah I'd buy one off him. Your helpin him out and getting a rose. Oh well if it falls apart or somehithing. It's the thaught that counts.

Yamaneko
08-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Not if they're stench blossoms!

Strider
08-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Del wins.

Triple T
08-18-2004, 01:32 PM
I'd buy one, and give him a tip/whatever. :p

What's an exit? We don't have them here. o_O

Rye
08-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Del wins.

sephxangel
08-18-2004, 01:52 PM
I'd skip that whole mess and just go with 'I would have bought you a rose, but I didn't want it to get jealous being next to someone as beautiful as you.' Cheaper that way.

Nice line there, Don Juan. :thumb:

Logan
08-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I'd buy a rose from the bum. Lotsa bums sell roses here, at intersections and exits. I don't see anything wrong with buying a flower from a bum.

-N-
08-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Del wins.

Nait
08-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Jeez, man, buy a rose.

-N-
08-18-2004, 06:54 PM
I really like the title, by the way.

fire_of_avalon
08-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Roses suck. But buy all the roses you can from the bum. Bums need the help.

Cz
08-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Most people who sell roses seem to be tatty and 'bum-ish'. Buying one from an actual homeless guy isn't all that different, really.

And yeah, Del wins. :p

Kilika
08-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah I'd buy one off him. Your helpin him out and getting a rose. Oh well if it falls apart or somehithing. It's the thaught that counts.

Booya! Yes it is, the thought that counts! Hey, and yes, you are helping the guy out! 2 for 1 baby!

Brian The Pink Shark
08-18-2004, 08:02 PM
shouldn't it be Bums n' roses, anyway i probably would by the rose because it's the thought that counts aint it :choc:

Rainecloud
08-18-2004, 09:05 PM
I'd examine the roses carefully before purchasing any of them.

The bums in my country are usually quite trustworthy.

Giga Guess
08-21-2004, 03:27 AM
Think of it this way:

a) You are showing her a spontaneous act of romance. I hear the gals love that kind of thing.

b) You are showing her you care about others. That should go over well.

c) The homeless guy gets some money. And it's better than forking over to a panhandler.

MecaKane
08-21-2004, 03:57 AM
How's a bum gonna get roses?
I'd call the cops, and see if there were any bloody murdered florists or whatever.
Then I'd do what Murder would. :love:

Misfit
08-21-2004, 05:41 AM
Roses suck. But buy all the roses you can from the bum. Bums need the help.
I agree with all of the above. ^

Doomgaze
08-21-2004, 05:50 AM
Is Axl Rose the aforementioned bum?

Dixie
08-21-2004, 06:25 AM
Think of it this way:

a) You are showing her a spontaneous act of romance. I hear the gals love that kind of thing.

b) You are showing her you care about others. That should go over well.

c) The homeless guy gets some money. And it's better than forking over to a panhandler.

Leeza
08-21-2004, 08:25 AM
A rose is a rose, regardless of who's selling it.

-N-
08-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Thank you, Gertrude Stein. :D

eestlinc
08-21-2004, 08:48 PM
you should strategically drive back past that exit after picking her up so she can see you both buying her a rose and helping out a homeless guy. Compassion.

Giga Guess
08-22-2004, 04:24 AM
Like I said...but well put, nonetheless.

Shlup
08-22-2004, 04:52 AM
Inspired by a real experience.

Let's say you've got a hot date. Or something.

You're driving down the freeway to meet your date for dinner or whatever and all is right with the world. You had everything prepared perfectly, but as your exit approaches, you suddenly realize you forgot something...

A rose for your date.

What now? You pull off at your exit and wait at the stoplight, and notice a bum selling (of all of the things on Earth) roses. Say what? Normally they just beg or mess up your windshield by "cleaning" it, but there they are. On the corner with a plastic bag full of red roses.

What do you do? Would you trust a bum selling roses?You say that like it's not plausible. There are people selling roses on ever other corner around here. And cherries, and pistachios, and oranges too. They're not bums though, they're illegal Mexican immigrants.

I buy stuff from illegal immigrants all the time. Good stuff, generally.

Strider
08-22-2004, 06:15 AM
You say that like it's not plausible. There are people selling roses on ever other corner around here. And cherries, and pistachios, and oranges too. They're not bums though, they're illegal Mexican immigrants.

I buy stuff from illegal immigrants all the time. Good stuff, generally.Yeah, but that's Los Angeles.

This guy was a legitimate bum, though, which is completely separate from illegal immigrants.

eestlinc
08-22-2004, 06:24 AM
at least he's trying to earn some money.

kikimm
08-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Why not? Although I never would. They sort of creep me out a little bit, so as little interaction as possible is best. Especially if it's late at night.

:D

Polyonymous
08-22-2004, 08:40 AM
i would buy one, its not like the bums gona bite..... unless hes really really hungry which is quite possible.

Miriel
08-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Just buy the rose. I buy stuff of the street occasionally if I have some spare cash. I like the fact that these people are actually attempting to earn a living as opposed to those bums who wipe down your window with dirty water as you're screaming "NOOOO!" and who give you the finger if you drive off without paying them. I guess you could say that they're trying to earn a living as well, but man they're annoying.