PDA

View Full Version : don corneos monster in wutai...

silverjunky
08-18-2004, 05:38 PM
hey i in wutai and don corneo has summoned his monster and it kicks my arse with its aero 3 attack whats the best way to beat this dude? im about level 33-34. help.

-N-
08-18-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm guessing you don't have materia, right?

You could equip Cloud with Yoshiyuki and kill off two party members. It will do insane damage, but it's risky.

More conventional strategy is to move everyone to back row and use items on it. Induce Fury on party members to build up Limit Gauges faster, or better yet, enter the battle with full Limit Gauges and release.

There's not much you can do about Aero3; it usually hits for about 90-110 percent of my health at that point.

Of course, if this is Disc II, it should be a cinch, because you'll have extra materia that Yuffie hasn't stolen.

Omnipotent Archmage
08-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Mindblow...

Jolts
08-18-2004, 08:30 PM
You can also learn Magic Hammer from the weed looking things right there in Da Chao (the place with all the faces and crap). Magic Hammer is an E. Skill that draings 100mp from the target. I don't know if it'll work on Rapps (I've always used the items, fury, and limits strategy), but it's worth a shot, I guess.

Omnipotent Archmage
08-18-2004, 08:55 PM
There's the little setback of having around fifty of your materia orbs stolen...

Chris
08-18-2004, 09:16 PM
I always wait to go to Wutai until dics 3. Its much easier :D

TasteyPies
08-18-2004, 09:17 PM
There's the little setback of having around fifty of your materia orbs stolen...

...........WHAT?!

Is there a way to NOT have that happen or is that an event that is required.

I am still waiting for my copy to arrive by mail and I don't want my materia that I havn't even gotten yet to be stolen later in the game. :'(

escobert
08-18-2004, 09:42 PM
If you don't get Yuffie and dont go to Wutai then you'll be fine. Really though it's not hard. Just level up a lot before you go.

TasteyPies
08-18-2004, 09:52 PM
If you don't get Yuffie and dont go to Wutai then you'll be fine. Really though it's not hard. Just level up a lot before you go.

So you can get Yuffie, go to wutai and if you win a certain battle thats great but if you loose you loose a bunch of materia? Cause I wanna get yuffie.

UltimaLimit
08-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Scroll down your ENTIRE Materia menu. Once I found a couple of Fire3 and Fire2 materia that Yuffie didn't steal. Maybe it was a glitch, but give it a shot. It helped me a lot.

Or just do the whole Mindblow thing. Maybe come in with everybody's limits and combo it with Aeris's Fury Brand so you can hit 2x. That's how I killed Midgar Zolom when I was level 16. Use Tranquilizer on everybody so they take less damage, put them in the back row, and use items and long range attacks.

Once you finish the whole thing you can get your materia back.

escobert
08-18-2004, 10:00 PM
So you can get Yuffie, go to wutai and if you win a certain battle thats great but if you loose you loose a bunch of materia? Cause I wanna get yuffie.
You dont loose it forever as long as you chase after her. You have to win the battle THEN you get your materia back.She steals your materia from you that's how youn loose it

-N-
08-19-2004, 05:28 AM
Don't worry about it so soon, man. Apparently, it's possible to recover. ;)

Big D
08-19-2004, 11:30 AM
TasteyPies, why on Earth are you seeking out FFVII spoilers when you've not even played it yet? Way to spoil the greatest FF plot of all time... oh well, as long as you don't find out the really deep, secretive stuff like Vincent's secret feelings for Scarlett or the origins of the technology used in the Proud Clod or Sephiroth's connection to the artefacts in Dio's showroom, then there should at least be one or two surprises left for you.

And now, for something completely different.
TEH POINT!

Beating Rapps is tough, but not impossible. Even without Materia, you can use some magic - just stock up on items like Bolt Plumes, and those other items that get dropped by a lot of the monsters in the area around Wutai. Rapps is vulnerable to powerful spells; those items give you the spells. Vincent's Limit Break helps, too. Galian Beast is very strong against Rapps.

Jolts
08-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Aeris's Great Gospel can help a lot too.