PDA

View Full Version : Is your luck as bad as mine?

Jolts
08-18-2004, 08:11 PM
I recently raced five full hours in the Chocobo Racing square of Gold Saucer. I saw Sneak Attack only nine times, and never won it once. I've won at least one of everything else (excluding the 15-20 races bonus where Ester gives you a bunch of them). I estimated about one race per three minutes. That would mean I raced about one-hundred times, and only saw Sneak Attack NINE TIMES!

What do you have bad luck with in this game?

Maxico
08-19-2004, 12:21 AM
lesse, The first time I completed the game I was facing safer sephrioth and beating him. All my people had great defense and were doing fine, working slowly but doing fine. Then as I was sure he was almost dead cait sith got his limitbreak and killed my entire team. Then my joypad and shelfing unit broke under mysterious circumatances...

Wilder
08-19-2004, 02:52 AM
I didnŽt had bad luck, I had extremely good luck !. I got the 7777 Hp Lucky seven secret without realizing it just walkinŽin the world map building experience , have you seen this ?, you can actually beat emerald weapon with this ( I donŽt know ruby).

-N-
08-19-2004, 05:26 AM
For me, getting Magic Counter was a total bitch.

Jolts
08-19-2004, 06:20 AM
I've gotten Magic Counter two or three times, but not Sneak Attack...figures.

SeeDRankLou
08-19-2004, 09:59 AM
On my second playthrough, I saw Magic Counter freakin 18 times before I actually got it. I had a whole lot of GP though.

Mo-Nercy
08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
I only ever found Added Cut materia once and that was by randomly walking around in my first game.

Jolts
08-19-2004, 09:40 PM
I've already maxed out my GP at 10,000, now I'm pretty much just collecting whatever items they give me (I have a few extra Enemy Aways :D). I'm thinking about going to get W-Summon and Final Attack, so I can max it out again (which wouldn't take too long, but still...).

Stoneman
08-20-2004, 06:20 AM
it is alot harder when not cheating is it :p

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 07:27 AM
i only have incidents when Ruby keeps breaking free of the stop status Hades put on him (which is rare) and then countering KOR with ultima and it actually hitting me, even with a mystile equiped (also very rare). :mad2:

Shoeberto
08-20-2004, 05:49 PM
On my first play through, I had taken it over to my friend's house to play. I was on disc 3 and we worked on getting the gold chocobo to get KoTR. He though the game was really cool, so he started his own game on my memory card and played through. My game was in the first save slot, his in the second. Can you see where this is going?

So, on my second play through, I had taken it to my cousin's house. I was on the third disc again, trying to level up. So I used the turbo trick in Mideel with those worms. I went to take a shower and left it on, and my uncle came down to say it was time to go to bed and turn everything off. My PS1 turbo controller is kind of weird, and my cousin didn't know how to turn it off, so he was trying to save with the turbo on, making every button hit a million times. When he got to the save option, it was hitting "Save?" a million times. I guess he was fiddeling with it the whole time I was in the shower, so when I got back I turned off the turbo and tried to save. But, apparantly, hitting the save button all that time corrupted the save file.

I beat it on my third play, though.

edit: I also had just gotten the gold chocobo in my second play through.

Jolts
08-20-2004, 06:07 PM
it is alot harder when not cheating is it :p
'Bout time you showed you ugly face here again :lol:.

As for you, Hsu, that really sucks. Something similar to your first happened to Stoneman, which is why he's never beaten the game. He got all the way to the bottom of Northern Crater when his sister deleted everything on that memory card, including the FFVII save.

Jolts
08-22-2004, 09:14 AM
YAHOOOOOOOO!!!

Yes, that loud (if you could hear it) yelling was me winning Sneak Attack, FINALLY!

I feel much better :D. Now I have at least one of every materia :) (I also have a Master Command, and I've yet to fight Emerald...I only need to MASTER Shield to be able to get Master Magic).

Stoneman
08-23-2004, 07:53 AM
about freakin time .... now please shut up :D