PDA

View Full Version : Cats and toilets

escobert
08-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Well you know how dogs like to drink out of the toilet? Well my cat does. Do cats do this a lot? If you have a cat does he/she drink out of the toilet? I wish I had a digi cam so I could take apic of it.

TasteyPies
08-18-2004, 09:19 PM
My boy cat did untill I kept yelling at him. My female never did.

m4tt
08-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Dogs drink out of the toilet? :confused: None of mine have ever done that.

Levian
08-18-2004, 09:59 PM
yeah, my cats does, my dog doesn't. SUUUURE BLAME THE DOGS ;_; evil cats...

escobert
08-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Dogs drink out of the toilet? :confused: None of mine have ever done that.
I dunno they do on TV and stuff but I've only really seen cats do it. My dogs used to whent hey were younger.

Ultima Shadow
08-18-2004, 10:03 PM
When I saw the title, it made me laugh. :lol:

Anyway... none of the cats I own drink from the toilet.

TheAbominatrix
08-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Of course dogs drink out of the toilet. It's less common for cats to do so, because of their size.

Two of my cats, The Cheat and Scummy, drink out of the toilet fairly regularily. My dad 'yelled' (read: pretended to yell) at me once because my toilet was so dirty... turns out it was all just paw prints. xD

Tulmane
08-18-2004, 10:26 PM
I've had 2 cats, and I have had a dog for the past 8 years, but none of them have ever been known to drink from the toilet... o_O

But the cats did manage to work together to open closed doors. One would jump atop the other and use it's paws on the knob. It was the most incredible, and silly sight you'd ever see.

escobert
08-18-2004, 10:29 PM
That's insane.

Triple T
08-18-2004, 11:10 PM
My old male cat never did, but my young female cat always looks in the toilet, especially when I flush it. xD

escobert
08-18-2004, 11:35 PM
One night I was taking a crap and when I was done I stood up and my cat Murphey tried to get a drink between my legs. Some nights he'll try to race me to the toilet. He gets pissed if I beat him.

Rye
08-19-2004, 12:00 AM
My cat was way too old for that. If he tried to get on the seat, he would've probably fallen over and died.

nik0tine
08-19-2004, 12:04 AM
My really creepy cat drinks out of the toilet. My other cat, fluffly, did but now im pretty sure he is dead.

SpiritWolf
08-19-2004, 12:51 AM
Whom none of my cats or Dogs have ever done that.

Logan
08-19-2004, 01:16 AM
I used to have a cat named Salem who would do that. But he also drank out of the fishbowl, so. :)

I just remembered I have a video of my other cat (I miss her :() Poncho drinking out of the toilet. I should find it. x_x;

Kami
08-19-2004, 02:17 AM
My dog acts like a cat. A PMSy one.. :(

Giga Guess
08-19-2004, 03:34 AM
My mom's cats don't drink out of the toilet. They do, however, drink out of the fishbowl. If you ask me, they're just hoping a fish will get curious and.....SLURP!

My cats are just strange. One, I swear, must photosynthesize. No matter how much or little he eats, he just gets bigger, and bigger....I now make AMN sure he's well fed, because if he isn't, the way he looks at me as I fall asleep, I worry I'll wake up with a finger or two missing. Or worse.....The other one lends whole new meaning to the term "fraidy cat." I bought a couple of those hollow plastic balls with bells inside. I gently rolled one her way, and she ran. In the opposite direction. And hid. Yeesh.

But yeah, no toilet drinkers.

-N-
08-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Of course dogs drink out of the toilet. It's less common for cats to do so, because of their size.

Two of my cats, The Cheat and Scummy, drink out of the toilet fairly regularily. My dad 'yelled' (read: pretended to yell) at me once because my toilet was so dirty... turns out it was all just paw prints. xD
You naming your cat The Cheat earns my undying love. :love:

Takara
08-19-2004, 06:05 AM
My cat used to do it when she was little, until she slipped and fell into the toilet. I don't think she liked the icy cold water. :D

nik0tine
08-19-2004, 06:08 AM
Why is your toilet bowl water icy cold?

Takara
08-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Beats me. *shrugs*

TasteyPies
08-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Sometimes my male cat jumps into the bathtub and drinks the water that collected around the drain. There are constant lil gray pawprints in the tub.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-19-2004, 09:26 AM
here's an answer: Drop the cat in the toillet and flush it

Meat Puppet
08-19-2004, 09:54 AM
I used to drink out of the toilet.

sephxangel
08-19-2004, 12:09 PM
My cat used to do it when she was little, until she slipped and fell into the toilet. I don't think she liked the icy cold water. :D

xD

i've never seen a cat do that...but I remember my friends closing the door to the fridge after the cat had jumped in there and did not get out. it stayed in there for 15 minutes before they remembered that she was in there. She also got a tumble in the dryer for being stupid and jumping in there too. :lol:

Resha
08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
If my cat drank out of the toilet...I'd try and stop it... :eep:

Unknown_Soldier
08-19-2004, 12:45 PM
yeah, 2 of my cats used to do that. but now i keep the bathroom door shut.

Imperia
08-19-2004, 04:30 PM
I caught my kitty Atticus playing with the toilet. He had his paws inside. Then I pulled him away and said, "no, no, you shouldn't play in the toilet." Silly kitty. :D

DMKA
08-19-2004, 05:09 PM
here's an answer: Drop the cat in the toillet and flush it
Naw I'd rather do it to you and have my kitties watch while I do it.

I'm not sure about my current cats (they're still very small), but their grandmother, whom I no longer have, would regularly drink from the toilet.

ALL of the cats tend to like to sit and watch it flush though. XD

Shlup
08-20-2004, 02:07 PM
I've never had an indoor cat or dog. My cat lived in my room when I first got him, but only in my room so he never went in the bathroom. Since then my stepfather kicked him out so he's scared to come back in the house.

Giga Guess
08-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Pity...

kikimm
08-20-2004, 08:09 PM
My male cat, before he died, used to. I think I caught him a couple of times standing voer the bowl.

They like to lick the butter off my toast, which is very annoying, because then I have to go make more. Ice cream, chocolate, cheese, spaghetti...but this is about toilets.

What's so good about toilet water anyway?

:D

Silmaril
08-21-2004, 05:46 AM
My grandmother's boy cat has an insatiable curiosity about the bathrrom. He cannot comprehend my my G.mom does. Whenever she heads for it he always beats her to the bathroom and it takes a good couple of minutes to make him come out. Then he sits outside the door and meows and meows and meows.

Giga Guess
08-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah, my cat always used to pace around our old bath (One of those old claw-footed baths) until one day he slipped in....oddly enough, ALL of our cats have this obsession with bathtubs....odd...