PDA

View Full Version : what exactly is Ozma?

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 02:30 AM
does anybody have any serious idea what Ozma is? its supposed to be an Eidolon cave but what Connection does Ozma have to Eidolons?

its so annoying. ffVIII had this too. what is Ultima Weapon? etc . i would like to know where the Penance/Bite Bug of super bosses, Ozma, comes from or what he is...

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 03:13 AM
so its somekind of Undead Eidolon? that would explain why Hades knows about him, being HADES and all.

Big D
08-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I guess he's kinda like a Dark Aeon - a powerful, twisted version of the power that gave rise to the normal Eidolons. In fact...

By completing the Madain Sari side-quest during the final disc, you can learn that Eidolons are created by the combined imagination, the collective will of many people. The Summoners crafted legends, stories and dreams of magical beasts; those beasts came to be because of the stories being told. It hearkens back to what's learned inside Memoria, about memory being a universal and continuous process, linking every living thing even if they're not aware of it. Out of that etherial subconscious, magical life can be born. Like Eidolons.
But, there's a lot of hatred and bitterness within the human heart. Not to mention the many other species of the FFIX world. Suppose all the dislike, rage, despair and grief of an entire world took on a corporeal form... that entity would be shapelessly undefined, but dense, and completely, evilly destructive. Ozma, basically.
Like an Eidolon, except crafted out of a jumble of darkness rather than a distinct and purposeful belief, like the other Eidolons.

Just my two cents:D

K-chan
08-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Oh...I thought Ozma was a giant, evil beachball at first. :riiight:

Del Murder
08-21-2004, 07:22 PM
D's post was enlightening, but I think I'm going to have to go with beachball as well.

Flashback007
08-22-2004, 11:56 AM
It looks like a beachball, to me. And the evil one, that is afcourse why Zidane attacked it, you can choose I know, cause Vivi wants to play with him, but gets killed and then Zidane has to attack it cause it will other childeren to.

I am talking nosense yeah

K-chan
08-23-2004, 07:30 PM
THats an intersting way to look at it :tongue:

Ultima Shadow
08-23-2004, 08:32 PM
A globe of fallen ediolons maybe? Alexanders tortured spirit?

Necronopticous
09-10-2004, 11:26 PM
I think he's a big blitzball prototype gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Ultima Shadow
09-10-2004, 11:43 PM
I think he's a big blitzball prototype gone horribly, horribly wrong.
lol, that's a good one. :lol:

Xander
09-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Yep, I just called him a beach ball too. xD

Mo-Nercy
09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
All I know is that he lives in a Chocobo Airgarden...under a rock. Which you have to talk to. Obviously. I don't see why you just can't pack the Airgarden with tonnes and tonnes and dynamite and blow it (no pun intended) sky high.

Dark bahamut
09-22-2004, 03:21 PM
so if this.......thing is a beachball, surely the ultimate weapon against it is an evil kid with a pin? no?

Blue Typhoon
09-29-2004, 10:21 PM
What is Ozma?
Ozma is a giant ball of death. Duh.
JK
I don't think it has any connection to the Eidolons...its just there. It doesn't really need a reason, because if you question it it will kick your ...rear.

black orb
09-30-2004, 03:34 AM
>>> I think is just an Eidolon, a very powerful one.. If Im not wrong Mene said that Ozma doesnt belong to this world/dimension so I think Ozma has some connection with Terra.
Somebody (in this forums) also said that Ozma has a connection with Eden from FF8.
But one thing is sure, Ozma was Hades` buddy..

sayen
10-15-2004, 03:40 PM
osma might just be a huge mover you know the little red things that look like bouncy balls

but if hades knows him why is it so easy to beat hades cause i thrashed hades oh well

of corse he could just be a edilon thats garding the arc so it cant be summond again cause of what might have happend in the past like the fact the other pumice pecie in in that wird city olvert the place with a magic barrier so you cant use magic against the ark if you find the pumice pice

BG-57
10-16-2004, 01:30 PM
What I'm curious about isn't so much what Ozma is, but why Square named it after a character from Frank L. Baum's 'Oz' books. Ozma is the actual ruler of Oz, but doesn't appear in the 'Wizard of Oz'. She shows up in several of the sequel books though.

Of course, the translators may have just anglicized the Japanese name into something more familiar.

blacktrance
11-12-2004, 03:34 AM
I have a theory. Ozma is one of the four Ultimate Eidolons. They are summoned from the Crystals. The other 3 are: Invincible, Alexander, and Hades.

Strawberry_Mew
11-15-2004, 06:33 AM
Ozma ish a big giant jaw breaker....j/k I would think he is a combo of all the eidolons n_n

Flashback007
11-15-2004, 08:50 AM
I have a theory. Ozma is one of the four Ultimate Eidolons. They are summoned from the Crystals. The other 3 are: Invincible, Alexander, and Hades.

That sounds as a pretty good theory. But can you help me remind who Invincible was again.

TheSpoonyBard
11-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Invincible was the airship that destroyed Madain Sari, Alexandria and Bran Bal. It was originally controlled by Garland, and then Kuja, but Zidane and his gang hijack it after their trip to Terra.

Slade
12-01-2004, 08:37 PM
The first time i heard of Ozma I was thinking of some huge ugly monster like the weapons or Quina ( :D ). Then when i finally had the honour of fighting him I was amazed and impressed by what i saw: 'Whoa cool! Im fighting a rubber bouncy ball!!!'....yes it was a day to remember.

Unfortunatly i still havnt beat him...... :mad:

abrojtm
12-02-2004, 05:58 AM
Probably a twisted vortex of immense power that has taken a physical manifestation as a form similar to that of an Eidolon.

Or maybe just a beach ball...

DarKye-
12-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Ozma (and the race of the Qu's) are the proof that some character designer in Squaresoft was seriously into drugs.

I don't see any special reason for it to be there. Just the usual side-quest with an almight boss. >>;

I can see a relationship between it and Hades, since Hades know about Ozma. If you go to fight Hades after you defeat the round guy, he will show to be afraid of you.

Another point to consider, what is the relationship between the friendly monsters that weaken this boss and Ozma?

Dignified Pauper
12-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Another point to consider, what is the relationship between the friendly monsters that weaken this boss and Ozma?

It's clearly obvious that they were a secret order who have existed from the beginning of Gaia's time and that Ozma was their arch-nemesis... The were the first set of "races" to populate Terra, but Ozma's power they could never match. So, they created artifacts that are never mentioned in game, but you're just supposed to know exist... You help them, they activate them, and then you kick Ozma's rear, even though it's still not "easy".

Or he is just a big, giant, hovering beach ball... It's sorta like the question: "Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"

3, even though EVERYONE knows it's wrong.

Christmas
03-25-2022, 04:50 AM
Ozma is actually Necron's only testicle. This is why he attacked the party in the end cause you smashed his testicle (if you beat Ozma before that).

If you did not defeat Ozma before Necron, he would wants Zidane's testicle to compensate his, thus the final battle for testicle.