PDA

View Full Version : Should I start a new game?

Ellerkerm
08-19-2004, 02:51 AM
Because I beat it with my old save game twice. I also have three PS2 memory cards.

I just want to know.

Dragoon Kain
08-19-2004, 03:37 AM
i just restarted mine. man i love this game.

Ellerkerm
08-19-2004, 03:39 AM
I also love this as well and I just want to know should I start a new game thats all.

Ouch!
08-19-2004, 03:51 AM
I played through it twice. The only thing a second play-through offered me was the items that I missed the first time around.

As far as I'm concerned, due to the extreme linearity of the game, there was little replay value. I don't think I could milk out a third play-through, unlike other Final Fantasy titles which I have played 5 or more times through.

The best part about starting over is that you can boot up your Al Bhed from your other file and understand what the Al Bhed shout at you in the beginning of the game.

If you liked the game, go for it. Sometimes when you play a game or read a book when you know what is going to happen, you notice some things that you may have missed otherwise. Little hints that were so subtle, you never picked up on them.

Ellerkerm
08-19-2004, 05:14 AM
I'll start a new game now and I'm going for a full sphere grid. I also miss some Al bheds manuals(sorry about the spelling) I don't remember which ones I miss.

-N-
08-19-2004, 05:32 AM
DO IT.

You might have missed the ones in Home.

Big D
08-20-2004, 02:50 AM
You can also have Tidus react differently to the ladies. A scene or two will be slightly different, depending on which female character he gets on best with...

Optium
08-20-2004, 07:09 AM
I deciphered Al Bhed at the Sin attack with the Crusaders before Djose
Temple...only had like 5 primers but I talked to all the Al Bhed there and
figured out words like "the" then applied those characters to the other
words, found more letters, and so on. Only ones I didn't figure out were
Z and X :P

.opt

kikimm
08-20-2004, 08:29 AM
I've been thinking about doing the same thing, but I decided not to. Maybe later. There's a whole bunch of other games I'm playing right now that take precedence over this one. And I really don't feel like fighting Seymour...*sigh*

:D

UltimateSpamGrover
08-20-2004, 02:13 PM
FFX-2 makes me never want to play this game again... FFX-2 was so horrible

SeeDRankLou
08-20-2004, 09:17 PM
FFX-2 makes me never want to play this game again... FFX-2 was so horrible
I don't see what another game has to do with replaying this one (even if it's the sequel), but ok.

You should replay FFX for several reasons. One, if you have all or even most of the Al Bhed Primers, you can download them and from a save file and know what the Al Bhed are saying from the very beginning, which makes the story a bit more interesting. Two, you can have several scenes with the various girls depending on affection levels. In Guadosalam, depending on if the affection is more for Lulu or Rikku, and can have a longer scene with one of them. When you are riding the snow mobiles to Macalania Temple, you can have a scene with either Lulu or Rikku riding with Tidus, and a conversation is had there. Or, you can have a scene with Tidus riding alone and either Kimari or Auron riding beside him, and a conversation is had. Another small scene happens when you have defeated Sin's fins, and you're about to jump onto Sin. The person with the highest affection level will jump off first. I personally have seen Lulu, Rikku, Wakka and Kimari. Also, you can do a bunch of little things you might have missed. There's getting all the celestial weapons, doing the chocobo race at Remiem Temple, opening all the treasure chests in the Omega Ruins (which is possible), uberizing your characters, unlocking all the monster arena fiends, and if you have the PAL version defeating Penance. And there's probably other stuff you can do that I can't think of right now. This game does have moderate replay value.

Old Manus
08-20-2004, 10:32 PM
You should start a new game, because you can get that nice feeling that you are doing better than your other game, eg:"Hey I got Hastega at Al bhed home this time but before i got it in bevelle!"

And, you see subtle hints as to what is going to happen next which you did not notice before.

Also consider the alternative. Is there much point in just leaving your game as it is and never starting again?

Jolts
08-21-2004, 04:46 AM
Why are you asking people?

You have three memory cards. Just start a new game and keep your old one for when you decide to replay it again.

By the way, you can transfer whatever Al Bhed primers you have from your first save to the new game. In the beginning, when you're swimming through all that rubble, there's a sphere near the left-center of the map that will let you transfer.

Ellerkerm
08-21-2004, 07:10 AM
Ok thanks and I don't think I have the pal version. I do see dark aeons in FFX-2 but not in this game.