PDA

View Full Version : Fuschia Flash

Giggles
08-19-2004, 05:36 AM
I recently (yesterday morning) dyed parts of my hair bright pink. It's awesome, and I wish it would stay forever. I dyed all the tips, and a streak on each side of my face. And a couple other random streaks.

If you were to dye your hair, what color would you dye it, and how would you dye it (ie: streaks, tips, all over, etc.)?

And if you have your hair dyed, maybe you should post a picture of it, like I might do later.

nik0tine
08-19-2004, 05:40 AM
I would post a pic of my way cool hair right now, but it's over the upload limit thing. Sucks.

Giggles
08-19-2004, 05:42 AM
What color is your hair?

(use photobucket)

Rusty
08-19-2004, 05:47 AM
I'd dye it platnium blonde with black streaks. Been wanting to do that for ages, so I might do it soon. Seeing as I'm already blonde, should be easy :)

Strider
08-19-2004, 05:48 AM
I died my hair a couple times during high school. Strawberry blonde. It looked very out of place.

nik0tine
08-19-2004, 05:48 AM
What color is your hair?

(use photobucket)

My hair is Yellow and purple. The front of my mohawk is yellow, and the back half is purple. (well, by now alot of the purple has faded so i need to re dye it, but in the picture it isnt faded at all.)

and what's photobucket?

Giggles
08-19-2004, 05:59 AM
YOU HAVE A MOHAWK? Mohawks are so hot.

http://www.photobucket.com

I always wanted to dye my hair, and I dyed it red in 7th grade, but it wasn't permanent. This one's permanent (L'oreal Paris), and I'll post a picture in a second.

nik0tine
08-19-2004, 06:01 AM
lol yeah i have a mohawk, but i didn't know that any girls found them to be attractive. you can see a picture of it (not dyed) in the photo thread. should be the last one. and im gonna check out this photo bucket thing now.

Yamaneko
08-19-2004, 06:05 AM
I have never dyed my hair and never will because I am a conformist pig.

nik0tine
08-19-2004, 06:07 AM
I have never dyed my hair and never will because I am a conformist pig.
[/really fast tempo=]Chicken[doodie] comformist like your parents![/really fast tempo] ;)

... lol. greatest song ever.

nik0tine
08-19-2004, 06:12 AM
ok, thanks to giggles i figured out how to get these pictures uploaded here. this is the most up to date picure, less than a month old.

Pic 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/nik0tine/3d1c7de0.jpg)

and

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/nik0tine/3d1c7de0.jpgPic 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/nik0tine/3d1c7de0.jpg)

(sorry about the double post.)

EDIT: whoops. i meant for this to go into the photo thread, don't know how i pulled this one off...

EDIT by ShlupQuack: Images changed to links because I'm on retarded AOL and it almost popped a hernia.

Giggles
08-19-2004, 06:18 AM
nikotine, you should also make those pictures smaller by editing them at photobucket.

You can see the front and the tips, sort of. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Gigglybear/PinkBack.jpg)

And I would post another one, but being only in a towel makes it so that I don't want to post it here for you all to see.

Meat Puppet
08-19-2004, 10:17 AM
I died my hair, but it's not very "out there" so I wont post a picture. All I did was went from muddy blone to bloody dark red.

sephxangel
08-19-2004, 11:35 AM
i've dyes my hair just about every natural color...blonde, brown, red, black....right now it's a mix of black, blonde and orange. I'm going to let my hair grow out a bit and then I plan on dyeing it platnium blonde, then near the front have red, brown and black streaks in the front.

Ki Ki
08-19-2004, 11:41 AM
If I dyed my hair .... I would either get a few streaks of red in it, or get the tips dyed purple after cutting it short. (:

OR dye my hair reddish-brown. (:

But I don't think I'll dye my hair any day soon. I <3 it the way it is. EVERY asian is born with black hair so it was quite common and boring.
But now everyone is dying their hair so being a black-head isn't so bad now. (x

Resha
08-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Tell me about it. *points at boring old black hair* But I wouldn't dye it either...I luff my hair too much... :love: But if I had to? I'd dye it....um...purple?! Shiny purple. :D

Unknown_Soldier
08-19-2004, 12:54 PM
i have dyed my hair Plum, and i have done bright purple on the underlayer of my hair... but i have always wated black hair with lotsa purple streaks. ;_; it would just be too hard to dye all my hair Black, then bleach a bunch of streaks, then purple-afy them... it would get screwed up, i know it. THEN!! the purple could fade, and i would look like Shakira ;_;

Triple T
08-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I have never in my life dyed my hair. And I don't plan to. :p

escobert
08-19-2004, 07:56 PM
I've dyed it red,blue,purple and bleeched it. Now it's just natural brown since I just buzz off most of my hair anyways.

Shoeberto
08-19-2004, 09:14 PM
I've thought about it, but I'm pretty sure my hair dyed any color would be a raping of the senses for anyone.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-19-2004, 09:38 PM
I used to bleach my hair, but it was awful, so I just so straight dark bown now.

And chicks dig it. Or something.

Erdrick Holmes
08-19-2004, 09:45 PM
I've been thinking of making my hair either dark brown or black.

SeeDRankLou
08-19-2004, 10:47 PM
I dye my hair black. When I was 16 I started dying my hair auburn. I like it, it looked nice. But then one day my friend at work dared me to dye it black, so they next day I came to work and it was black. I love my hair black. I think that maybe the next time I dye my hair, I'll dye it black but also get lowlights but in, so that it could have a little red in it. Best of both worlds.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-19-2004, 10:48 PM
You have hair?

Cloud_99
08-19-2004, 11:07 PM
And I would post another one, but being only in a towel makes it so that I don't want to post it here for you all to see.

oh well that's just a crying shame isn't it ;)

anyway I've never dyed my hair I'm far too lazy.

Kirobaito
08-20-2004, 12:09 AM
I could think of a lot of other things to do with my time than dye my hair. I just find no real point to it.

ZeZipster
08-20-2004, 12:12 AM
I don't ever do much with my hair, I like it.

nik0tine
08-20-2004, 12:15 AM
I could think of a lot of other things to do with my time than dye my hair. I just find no real point to it.
Like listen to country music? ;)

Kirobaito
08-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Errr...yeah. What's your point?

nik0tine
08-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Errr...yeah. What's your point?I have no point.
that was just pointless, bad sarcasm.

ZeZipster
08-20-2004, 12:42 AM
I have no point.
that was just pointless, bad sarcasm.

that's a good point.

nik0tine
08-20-2004, 01:01 AM
It is, indeed.

Logan
08-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Abby, I like your hair color better. Because. Pink looks better with blonde hair, I think. *sux*

My hair:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/iheartcleo/fhdfhfhfg.jpg

The front pieces turned orange, and the tips are fading/turning orange, too, so I'm redying it sometime soon. :D

Lindy
08-20-2004, 01:34 AM
I want purple, all purple, but I'm too scared to try it lest it go wrong.

Which, it most likely will.

-N-
08-20-2004, 02:53 AM
Like listen to country music? ;)
I thought it was funny. :p

nik0tine
08-20-2004, 03:16 AM
I thought it was funny. :p
Thanks, pod, i needed that self esteem boost big time. :D

Giggles
08-20-2004, 06:51 AM
Even though I just dyed my hair yesterday, or the day before, I need to re-dye the tips because they're already really faded, and I want them to be cool and bright like the streaks near my face.

nik0tine
08-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Even though I just dyed my hair yesterday, or the day before, I need to re-dye the tips because they're already really faded, and I want them to be cool and bright like the streaks near my face.
Did you bleach it? Some colors fade really fast, whereas other stay in longer. Colors like blue and purple fade really quickly, whereas reds and yellows stay much longer. I would imagine pink would stay in for at least a decent amount of time, as it probably is in the same color spectrum as red or yellow. i dunno though. But of course, if you didnt bleach your hair it probably isnt going to stay very long no matter what color it is. Also, in more damaged hair it may fade quicker. (the tips of your hair have been around longer, so that is also why it may have faded) lol yes, i know all of this from experiance. very frustrating experiances at that! :mad2:

Meat Puppet
08-20-2004, 07:00 AM
I want purple, all purple, but I'm too scared to try it lest it go wrong.

Which, it most likely will.

Last year sometime I did purple. I liked it, but I did get a few people calling me "fag", and "queer" etc. But I didn't mind. If you want it, go for it.
:up:

nik0tine
08-20-2004, 07:02 AM
Last year sometime I did purple. I liked it, but I did get a few people calling me "fag", and "queer" etc. But I didn't mind. If you want it, go for it.
:up:
ahhh! kids like that! i just don't understand them. Alot of people can't stand me either, i guess because of the way i look. I just don't get people. Im a nice guy, like most people, so why do we have to treat each other like shit? I always make it a point to just ignore it, but if your gonna dye your hair purple, be prepared for some unnecessary dissent.

SeeDRankLou
08-20-2004, 09:00 AM
You have hair?
Was it ever a question? You mean do I still have hair? If that's what you mean, then yes, a full head of hair, thick as it can be. If you follow the directions and precautions that come with hair dye you won't mess up your hair enough to make it fall out. I've been dying my hair for a really long time and I see no change in the amount of hair I have, just the color. :D

Shlup
08-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Nice hawk, nic. What do you use to keep it up? I've gotten the best results with whipped egg whites.

Anyways, I'm keeping my hair it's natural color for a few more years. I'm naturally blonde, but in my family pregnancy hormones turn us blondes into brunettes and then bleach the hell outta their hair for the rest of their lives, so I figure I'll enjoy my natural blondeness while it lasts and dye my hair when I'm an old mommy. I'm sure the first color I'll go with it a blue-tinted black. That's probably it though. By then I'll be a public school teacher and I don't think I'd be able to get away with pink.

Rye
08-20-2004, 02:05 PM
I've got the hair framing my face streaked blond about two years ago, and it's still (but barely) there. I should get it re-done soon.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Was it ever a question? You mean do I still have hair? If that's what you mean, then yes, a full head of hair, thick as it can be. If you follow the directions and precautions that come with hair dye you won't mess up your hair enough to make it fall out. I've been dying my hair for a really long time and I see no change in the amount of hair I have, just the color. :D
I ment Joel.

SeeDRankLou
08-20-2004, 09:40 PM
I ment Joel.
Oh...sorry... :D

kikimm
08-20-2004, 11:20 PM
I dyed my hair a couple times, but not anything unnatural , although lately I've been itching to do something like that. Most likely just the tips, though, because if I don't like it, it won't be so horrible to get out. Plus I get tired of things like too easy. Right now, my hair's just regular ol` dark brown.

:D

nik0tine
08-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Nice hawk, nic. What do you use to keep it up? I've gotten the best results with whipped egg whites.

I use a mixture of glue and hair spray. I'll glue it all up, and then i'll spray the roots that i couldn't get. Ive heard of egg whites being used, but I myself have never tried it. Ive tried knox gelatin, but that was just so damn messy and i couldn't get it to stay up either. So i never used that again.

Leeza
08-22-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm naturally blonde, but in my family pregnancy hormones turn us blondes into brunettes and then bleach the hell outta their hair for the rest of their lives, so I figure I'll enjoy my natural blondeness while it lasts and dye my hair when I'm an old mommy.
I guess those same hormones run in my family as well. I used to be really blonde, but after having my daughter my hair turned a dark brown so I started to streak it blonde. It's gone back to darker blonde now instead of brown and I haven't done anything to it for the last two years because all of that streaking really dries it out and it's kind of nice not to have to worry about your darker roots showing up. I miss the blonde though so one of these days I'm sure I'll end up streaking it again with a couple of different shades of blonde and maybe some red.