PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Super Boss

Jolts
08-19-2004, 07:41 AM
What would or wouldn't you like to see in the next FF super boss?

I think it'd be nifty if the boss is invinsible to all attacks except the physical attack one one certain weapon. To make it even worse, you would have to steal said weapon from the boss itself, then equip during battle (like you can in FFX). To make it even worse than that, the weapon could be for a random character, so you'd never know who to train (or train them all). Then they could also make it like that one place in FFIX, where the lower your attack stat, the more damage you do (most people are pumped near the end of a game, which is when you would be most likly to fight a super boss).

That'd be sweet...but suck at the same time :lol:.

Mo-Nercy
08-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I want a super boss with pure offensive power! None of that high resistance to magic or uber-defense. Omega Weapon is a prime example, Medigo Flame, Light Pillar. The ability to heal would be sweet. And of course the boss would have to be a smart one, for example, casting Reflect on it so the spells will bounce off onto you will be countered by another Reflect.

I've also seen enough of these huge inhuman freak uber bosses. How about a human?

Ultima Shadow
08-19-2004, 02:53 PM
As long as the extremely hard super boss is Ultima Weapon I'll be happy. :love:

Anyway, the boss should have a move that make the characters completely useless. Like, drop their max HP to 100 and all stats but agility to 1-4. This force you to change party members during the battle (like in FFX). And use the other party members until the effect wears off.

Another move should be that the boss start to controll one of your party members and use that characters best moves over and over again. You will have to kill that party member to get him/her back to normal.

Also, the boss should have a combo move that first takes away all HP but 1... and then, the next time the boss attacks it uses a move that takes away 50% of all characters MAX HP. This means that you'll have to heal atleast 50% before the boss next move.

And finally, the boss should have a move that makes itself hasted and invinsible for 4-5 turns.

Oh, and FINALLY (this time I mean it), the boss should have a move that cast dispel on all partymembers, and then something similar to Bad Breath and then take away 50% of the characters current HP. All in 1 move.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 02:51 AM
lol i remember a post at ff8gamegurus were i created the ultimate super boss, but then ffX international was released and Penance was harder then it :eek:

mine is simple, it must be Harder then penance! i want the offensice power of Dark Magus Sisters combined with the defense and tactics of Penance.

i would like a whole army of super bosses like in ffX and ffX-2 too.

i know, how about an Omega Weapon thats harder then the ffV one? no more weak ass Omega weapons (ffVIII,X,X-2).

OH there HAS been two human super bosses but thats largely due to the easyness of the last boss. they were ffX-2 Gippal and Nooj . oh and Trema

Giga Guess
08-20-2004, 04:36 AM
I think Omega in FF5 was bang on. The ability to inflict pain in many different ways, a tricky status to bypass, and a weakness you had to be clever to bypass.

Rebuttal

(BTW, aeris2000x2, all three of the above mentioned bosses were incredibly easy to me....I guess I was just luckier than most. Save Trema, I hardly considered any of 'em Super bosses, and even the above mentioned was disappointiongly easy. But getting to him was interesting.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 04:39 AM
well they are EASY, but they are also SUPER BOSSES, because they are harder then the last boss, which is the definition. trema was easy 2 beat once u drained his mp. paragon and chac were much harder . and Nooj and Gippal went down in seconds

but they were still harder then vegengun and Shuyin. they were ants.

i mean how easy are Warmech and Omega Weapon(ffVIII)? but super bosses regardless.

Giga Guess
08-20-2004, 04:47 AM
Fair enough, fair enough. I read ya now.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 04:50 AM
it would be cool if there was never a weak super boss again...

Giga Guess
08-20-2004, 04:54 AM
Agreed. Even the Level Bosses in Via Infinito had relatively easy weaknesses to exploit (ie// Eject Chac, Bribe Paragon...and I know this from experience)

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 04:59 AM
i didnt even know u could do that to them, and still they were relatively easy. :cool:

if we go back to bosses as strong as Penance and the greater dark Aeons for ffXII then i,ll be happy. even harder then that would make me ecstatic :spin:

Giga Guess
08-20-2004, 05:06 AM
Yeah, damn me and my inconvenient location, I never got to see either. How DOES Penance kill you anyways? Just one big bang, or sneaky-like?

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 05:33 AM
he has sum powerful attacks for sure, including judgement day which does 99999 to everyone. but the main reason hes hard is his arms, which will destroy u with sneaky attacks if u dont kill them first. but they have over 500,000 hp each and constantly regenerate. :eek:

so in the end it takes about 20 million damage (12 penance, 8 arms) to beat him :eek:

Ultima Shadow
08-20-2004, 08:24 PM
When Penance left arm uses MEGA GRAVION, you'r in big trouble! And EVEN whorse is when Penance rigth arm uses MIGTHY GUARD!!! :eek:

You should kill the arms before they get their turn. And you must still have the time to hit Penance 21478 times. Also, penance will inflict all the breaks on your characters with his immolation move.

But I have actually faced bosses that equal to and is WHORSE than Penance... when fougth in a strange way that is. Like Omega without junctioning to stats, first weapons and all that stuff. Solo Vincent with first equipment and no materia against Sephiroth. But the only boss that could ALMOST equal to Penance when fougth normaly would be Dullahan in Golden SunII.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 08:26 PM
wow is it that many? its 121 hits on penance i think. u can see why this boss takes 1-2 hours 2 bring down...

hey ultima shadow. just out of interest, do u know if Judgement day can be auto-lifed?

Ultima Shadow
08-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Well, I just wrote down a random number. :p

And yes, It can be auto lifed... however... since it also takes away all your MP it will be hard to keep going.

Jolts
08-20-2004, 08:31 PM
It can with Nemesis, I don't see why not with Penance. Nemesis uses that move, right? The one that looks like Nova (Kimahri's strongest blue magic limit).

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 08:34 PM
yeah true, but Dark Yojimbo Zanmato and Dark Magus Sisters Delta Attack cant be auto lifed. so its possible that penance cant be either. ahh Judgement Day is the best looking move i have ever seen though. its almost worth dying from it :) . i think Nemesis uses Armageddon.

but yeah, the mp thing is a bitch 2 :eek: oh, and after auto life u would only have 3 turns before he attacks ago, so its quite possible 2 get bashed again by judgement day or mega gravitons etc :eek:

Ultima Shadow
08-20-2004, 08:37 PM
It can with Nemesis, I don't see why not with Penance. Nemesis uses that move, right? The one that looks like Nova (Kimahri's strongest blue magic limit).
Nemesis uses Armagedon. Penance uses Judgement day. They'r completely different.

Jolts
08-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Wouldn't know (damn SquEnix making changes to their games :mad2: ). Well, I knew Nemesis used something, but I couldn't remember the name, and if I had the option to fight Penance, then I'd know they aren't the same, but I can't (still angry :mad: :mad2: ).

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 08:41 PM
lol. aint it funny how weak nemesis is compared to Penance. yet in many ways, Nemesis has a higher attack power. i think Penance shows thst brute strength is not the most important feature for super bosses.

oh well Jolts. i guess it makes up for UK not getting ff Tactics :greenie:

Jolts
08-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Making up nothing. They only do that because they feel like showing off their capabilities. They couldn't care less about US, UK, or any other country that isn't Japan (and they may not even care about parts of Japan).
Not a proven fact^.

Ultima Shadow
08-20-2004, 08:47 PM
lol. aint it funny how weak nemesis is compared to Penance. yet in many ways, Nemesis has a higher attack power. i think Penance shows thst brute strength is not the most important feature for super bosses.
:greenie:
Well, it have already been shown. Omega Weapon in FFVIII used the most powerfull monster/boss attacks in the whole game. He could do 9998 dammage to all your characters in 1 move with Megido Flame and even more dammage with Terra Break. And still he was nothing but an easy ass. :rolleyes2

Oh, and just a side note: Ultima Weapon in FFVIII (level100) have higher stats than Omega Weapon. Omega only have higher HP and vit (whitch can be reduced to 0 with meltdown anyway.) Ultima Weapons speed is almost twice Omegas.

Damn, I want Tactics... :cry:

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 09:10 PM
yeah, ultima is just so much greater then omega ant. they should re release ffVIII with ultima hp at 1 million. a truely worthy foe.

Jolts
08-20-2004, 09:14 PM
I think it'd be nifty if the boss is invinsible to all attacks except the physical attack one one certain weapon. To make it even worse, you would have to steal said weapon from the boss itself, then equip during battle (like you can in FFX). To make it even worse than that, the weapon could be for a random character, so you'd never know who to train (or train them all). Then they could also make it like that one place in FFIX, where the lower your attack stat, the more damage you do (most people are pumped near the end of a game, which is when you would be most likly to fight a super boss).
Does anybody like this idea?
(I'm quoting myself...isn't that a sign of loonacy? :lol: )

Ultima Shadow
08-20-2004, 09:15 PM
yeah, ultima is just so much greater then omega ant. they should re release ffVIII with ultima hp at 1 million. a truely worthy foe.
And permanent triple, migthyguard + Meltdown instead of Quake. I mean, 1 meltdown on each of your characters and then his normal pshycical attacks could kill you in 1 or 2 hits.

Well, I would like a super boss that you should NOT only attack with pshycical attacks or limmitbreaks but also with different types of magic. Like Phantom in KH. Why not steal a key-item in the battle that you have to use on the boss instead of stealing weapons? FFIV spoiler: Like the crystal in FFIV that you use on Zeromus.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 09:18 PM

i think your idea is insane...i like it ;) . that could well be harder then penance, and it would be thanks to its tactics, not silly super powerful moves.

hey ultima, i think the ultima weapon in ffXII should be like u suggest :cool: ed

Jolts
08-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Even worse thing to add (to my idea) would be to make it like a super boss in The Legend Of Legaia, where your entire party is permanently drained of all MP, forcing you to resort to items for healing.

Ultima Shadow
08-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Well, Megaelexirs have always been the best way to heal your characters anyway. As I said I think you should NEED to use magic since there have NEVER been a super boss that you should use elemental magics to beat in a FF so far.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 09:38 PM
well, not elemental, but Jumbo Flan required magic to beat. though it might not have been immune to Aeon overdrives i cant remember.

is it not better if super bosses absorb elemental attacks?

i would like a tournment in an FF game in which u can get drawn against many diff super bosses. and it would be cool if the hardest super boss can summon lesser super bosses at will to help, and allow the super boss some limit break counter *materia* of sum kind. that way it will counter limit breaks with 20 ultimas :D . oh and max defense, all status causing attacks and millions of hp has become as standard now.

Ultima Shadow
08-20-2004, 09:51 PM
is it not better if super bosses absorb elemental attacks?

I actually think it isn't. I think it would be more fun if the boss changed style durin battle. Like... first, you can only dammage it with fire spells, then it changes to ice, water, wind, earth, thunder and holy. THEN it's open for all attacks for some rounds... and then you have to use the elemental spells on it again. If the boss absorb ALL elements it will only mean that you won't use elemental attacks on it.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 10:05 PM
ohh i see. that sort of super boss could be so annoying. i remember Hyne from ffIII, Sephimorph from ffX and Protagen Gel from ffX-2 were horrible for this reason. and they were only normal bosses :eek:

Ultima Shadow
08-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Yea... maybe it shouldn't... after all I don't want it to be ANNOYING, only hard. :cool: But what if the boss had like 8 ARMS that need to be killed with different elemental spells? THAT would be more fun.

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 10:36 PM
yeah, that would be good. so far only normal bosses have employed such a thing. so many possibilties. i hope ffXII delivers...

Ultima Shadow
08-21-2004, 09:49 AM
True. I await FFXII (without patience :excited: )
FFXII, FFXII, FFXII!!!! :hyper: FFXII... :cry:

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 09:59 AM
i wonder if ffXI has any super bosses? though since there is no LAST boss, i dont know how that would work...

according to Play.com, ffXII is out in UK Ist Feb 2005...wishful thinking???

black orb
08-21-2004, 10:08 AM
>>> I`d like to see a new and improved Ozma..

Ultima Shadow
08-21-2004, 10:12 AM
>>> I`d like to see a new and improved Ozma..
Then play Golden SunII and try to beat Dullahan. He's a mix of Ozma and Penance. But he's still a little weaker than Penance.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 10:12 AM
yep that would be good. an OZMA that stays in permenant *Penance*mode and does not have a *Bite Bug* mode(though if it used the ffIX battle System, then it would be impossible to beat, throwing Meteor/Curse combo after Meteor/curse combo :cool: ).

ahh, the illustrious Dullahan...damn i must fight him...

Ultima Shadow
08-21-2004, 10:24 AM
GS use CTB. Dullahans weakest attacks are Instant death to 1 character (may miss depending on characters luck) and a move that reduce all your characters defense (may miss some of the characters). Oh, and I THINK he had something similar to doom. What makes him so much stronger than Ozma is his high HP + while he could have different mods, he will still NEVER be somethin weaker than the hardest battle in the game.

What I want is something like him that takes about as long as Penance to beat and never have a weaker mode. Just different tactics.

Jolts
08-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Well, I would like a super boss that you should NOT only attack with pshycical attacks or limmitbreaks but also with different types of magic. Like Phantom in KH. Why not steal a key-item in the battle that you have to use on the boss instead of stealing weapons?
I'm just now seeing this (sorry).
Well, if it was like I said before, and MP was permanently drained, then you wouldn't be able to use magic anyway. If it didn't drain MP, then maybe, but still, I'd prefer it to be an equipment item, so you don't have control over the strength of the weapon you use, and it would render everyone but that one character useless for attacking.

Ultima Shadow
08-22-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm just now seeing this (sorry).
Well, if it was like I said before, and MP was permanently drained, then you wouldn't be able to use magic anyway. If it didn't drain MP, then maybe, but still, I'd prefer it to be an equipment item, so you don't have control over the strength of the weapon you use, and it would render everyone but that one character useless for attacking.
Well, the main reason I want "magic based super bosses" is that I almost never use black magic. I find black magic to be extremely weak in most of the FFs. Therefore I want a superboss that you need to use black magic to beat. I want to use Black magic more often! I enjoyed the battles in FFIV more than in many of the other FFs since black magic actually was usefull in that game.