PDA

View Full Version : Greatest FF moments and ideas

Snowman
08-19-2004, 12:00 PM
This is the polare opposite of my thread for things that bugged you about FF.

Here discuss the BEST elements of FF, things that made you cry or made you happy, ideas that captured you or inspired you and you would like to see return to a future of FF games.

Tifa
RikkuX2
Chocobo knights (particuly the semi naked ones in FFX) lol
the action in FF8
Gunblades
Tifa
Yojimbo and Bahamut
ragnarok
freya.....and Tifa :love:

UltimateSpamGrover
08-19-2004, 12:42 PM
"Ooo Soft" - Zidane FF9

Lon611
08-19-2004, 06:53 PM
overdrives and ctb from ffx. luca sphere theater was a gr8 idea. rikku from x2. tifa. aeris.

(wakka grabs tidus in headlock)
wakka:"we leave when yuna's ready, so just hold on to your chocobos"

(when home is gonna b blown up)
wakka:"think of it like a big festival, ya?"
rikku:"you can take your big festival and cram it"

(in kilika inn, the boy that's running around frantically)
although boy doesn't have voice-actor
"i'm gonna be a bliztball when i grow up"

in guadosalam
two words:"macarena temple"~tidus

the ending of ffx was really great, and very emotional.

(in luca)
tidus:"is he...alive?"
auron:"i depends on what you mean by alive"
"he is...no longer human."

Kuja
08-19-2004, 07:10 PM
when yuna meets dona in djose temple, and you see tidus dancing in the background :) . and when kuja gets hit trance. that movie is the best .

Snowman
08-19-2004, 09:00 PM
GUNBLADES weilded by Tifa

Chris
08-19-2004, 09:31 PM
I REALLY REALLY enjoyed the level system of FFIIj (2) :)
I think it would be very interesting to bring back this unique and highly evolved system. And the job system of FFV is also one of the highlights of the entire serie (gameplay-wise that is).

sephiroth21
08-20-2004, 12:23 AM
sephiroth, one winged angel song...............riku...........bahamut ZERO

Lon611
08-20-2004, 06:21 AM
cloud dressing up as a girl, lol

and the cast of iv finding out the faris is a girl!!!! lol

finding out terra of ffvi is half-esper after she morphs :cool:

Polaris
08-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Cloud dressed like a girl lol, Aeris death :cry:, when Yuffie hugged Cloud lol, I smiled when Zidane appeared at the end of FF9, at the end when Lagunaa gave the ring to Raine I cried, when Fujin kicked Rajin and he fells and Seifer laughed I laughed too... it was all the greatedt moments!

DJZen
08-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I REALLY REALLY enjoyed the level system of FFIIj (2) :)
I think it would be very interesting to bring back this unique and highly evolved system.

They used it in the SaGa games, the first 3 of which masquerade as the "Final Fantasy Legend" series.

I think the best FF moment was when the first one was made. Let's hear it for the grand-daddy of 'em all! :)

Jolts
08-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Voice acting. Although, it could be improved.

In FFT, sometimes the people would recite an incantation before casting a magic spell, I liked that. If they'd do that with voice, that'd be sweet. Some of the taunts in FFX(-2) were okay, I guess.

I liked how the characters in FFX would say their "good-byes" to an enemy they were about to defeat it (it was buggy in FFX-2, sometimes they'd say bye and the enemy would live).

Materia system.

Being able to switch equipment during battle.

Active Time Battle (I don't see why so many people don't like this).

Being able to name and rename all characters (although, this would put a damper to voice acting...).

DJZen
08-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Yeah, look how hard they had to work around not saying ONE character's name. Now imagine that going for the entire party as well.

Jolts
08-20-2004, 08:53 PM
They could always use a "text to speach" program, but then it'd sound robotic. At the very least, it'd be good for a laugh :D.

Snowman
08-20-2004, 10:41 PM
i liked teaching GF's and shiva dwelling in your head

Lon611
08-21-2004, 01:18 AM
the spring fmv and the dance fmv from ffx. i think i said the ending b4, but yah, the ending of ffx. hella emotional.

finding out tidus was a dream. by now, you should no that just like aeris dies. i vow not 2 use spoiler tags for things that EVERY1 should already kno.

in ffix, going to terra where the plot REALLY unfolds about everything. also, i love when zidane is fighting through pandemonium and "i'm not alone" plays. sorri if the last bit was inaccurate, it's been a while...
don't flame me 4 this, but queen brahne dying was really sad 2, even if she was evil :cry: also when fighting necronm the music starts all slow, then goes ballistic.

uhm. in vi, when emperor ghastal(?) betrays the espers after claiming he wants peace. i just got up 2 that part like an hour ago.

on a minor note, ne1 think it's strange that the thread "wat shouldn't ever be in another ff" is more popular than this one?how many great moments are there in ff?like 100 bjillion :confused: . and how many things wrong?few. so, uh, ne1 think it's interesting?

Snowman
08-21-2004, 10:24 AM
it's easier to be negative..plus people who seek conflict head there like flies to a poo.

i love teh FF logos and boxes..that white sheen lol

Jolts
08-21-2004, 08:45 PM
it's easier to be negative..plus people who seek conflict head there like flies to a poo.
That, and this one is newer than the other one mentioned.

I liked it when Wakka punched that guy. It was funny (the kind of funny like, "Oh, man! He just decked you!"), the guy deserved it, and you see how much Wakka cared about his brother.

Lon611
08-21-2004, 09:48 PM
i also liked the part going 2 luca?or kilika?

neway, lulu and wakka are talking
lulu:"...and who's fault is that"
wakka:"NOT MINE!!!"
lulu:"..."
wakka:"okay, mine"

:hahaha: :lol:

Carnage
08-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Materia
Limit breaks(FF8 style)
Class system
Nice movies

Not much else

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 03:07 PM
I anjoyed the freedom of FFX-2, but I must admit, a world slowly unfolding for you is appealing too....

Aeris' death sequence has to be the most emotional sequence. Ever. Period. Especially with her theme playing in the background. The song seemed to portray....hope.

I just looooooove the summons though. They're so purdy....

FF4's difficulty was, while at times, frustrating, definately refreshing, but then again, I always find a challenge in the others too....

And yeah, the "We Are Not Alone" sequence in FF9 was specTACular.

Snowman
08-23-2004, 05:15 PM
the action of FF8

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Indeed. The assassination attempt, the SeeD combat scene, all of 'em. Just.....wow.

Snowman
08-23-2004, 05:47 PM
it really hit teh mark on your first mission..as you come to the harbour crossing teh reflection of the moon

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Oh GOD yeah! And at the end, with that Mecha-Spider thing getting *thoroughly* ventilated by Quistis. :D Nobody messes wit MAH students! *Cue Diva Triple Snap*

Snowman
08-23-2004, 06:03 PM
i thought you said violated for a second....what with quistis whip....i got interested lol.

when you see ragnarok for the first time..more so when he rips his way into munatic pandora....if only RikkuX2 was in that game...good girl, nice ship...thats all the story you need

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 06:07 PM
A bit of a pervert, ain'tcha!

The whole post-apocalyptic facet of FF6 was cool.

Ultima Shadow
08-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Greatest idea ever: The monster Ultima Weapon. :tongue:
Second greatest idea ever: The character Shadow. :tongue:

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Methinks your a bit biased.

Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoyed Phoenix. Life AND a bit of damage? Yay!

Depressio
08-24-2004, 12:42 AM
best moments? hmmm.... well, the opera in ff6 was excellent... and the orchestrated version of that opera (in orchestral game concert #4 i believe) was beautiful.... though i liked it better in the grand finale CD when maria/celes sang it in italian. er... what else? well, in ff7 when aerith dies was very emotional... i almost cried (even though i knew it would happen, since it was everywhere on the internet). uh... in ff8, the scene in outer space when squall realized he had feelings for rinoa... i was like, "awwwww..." um... what else... the ending in ff9, when garnet leaped into zidane's arms was so cute! (does anyone besides me think that zidane and garnet make an adorable couple?) uhh... oh! in ff6, when celes was in the dressing room before the opera, and locke came in and turned bright red... that scene made me laugh. that's all i can think of for now.

Dark Matter
08-24-2004, 05:03 AM
1) GF, Aeon, Eidolon, Esper, ...............
2) summoner, materia, junction, .........
3) I want to be your canary. :hyper:
4) :mog: :choc: :moomba:
5) Aeris, Tifa, Elena, Garnet, Beatrix, Rinoa, Ellone, Raine, Quistis, Yuna, Rikku, Celes, Terra, ....... :love: :love:
6) Soundtracks

Conclusion: I LOVE FINAL FANTASY

Rusty
08-24-2004, 07:45 AM
I can't just pick out things, I love all of Final Fantasy! :):):)

Snowman
08-24-2004, 09:17 PM
yep i am. thos with teh way things look.....i should be punished by everyone for having a mind of my own and oppinions...so dont expect to hear much more of it around here Giga

Rusty...looks like you like whatcha call her form FFX2 lol

Jolts
08-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Her name is Lenne (pronounced "LEN").

I also liked the job system in FFT.

Giga Guess
08-25-2004, 01:40 PM
yep i am. thos with teh way things look.....i should be punished by everyone for having a mind of my own and oppinions...so dont expect to hear much more of it around here Giga

Rusty...looks like you like whatcha call her form FFX2 lol

Nonono! I wan't talking about you. I was referring to Ultima Shadow, and his quote just prior to my last.

CloudySky
08-26-2004, 10:26 PM
The best thing about FF is existence of FF. If would be no FF out there I should make it myself, it hell too much work for one man.

-N-
08-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Killing Aeris, incapacitating Cloud and Tifa, and the Power Triangle, FFVII.

Jolts
08-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Power Triangle
I don't know what you mean when you say that, but it got me thinking...

Cloud = Link = Triforce of Courage
Aeris = Zelda = Triforce of Wisdom
Sephiroth = Gannondorf = Triforce of Power

IT ALL FITS! NOW I GET IT!! :lol:

Anyway, back on topic.

Break HP/MP/Damage Limit. 'Bout damn time they provided something more than 9,999 for those. Well, in FFVII you could switch HP and MP to get 9,999MP, but you've have to sacrifice HP down to a max of only 999, and FFVIII allowed a max damage of 60,000 when certain attacks were used properly, but neither one let you do such things to HP, MP, and damage at once, and none of them allowed you to have more than 9,999HP. Anyway, enough rambling, ya'll get my meaning, right?