PDA

View Full Version : Palm reading and Crystal balls

Triple T
08-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Did you ever get your palm read? Or get a psysic see into your future with a crystal ball or cards?

I remember going to a Summer Fest and there were gypsies there, and one of them read my palm. She said "I'll die at 92 years old, have 2 wives( :o ) and have 2 children." I hope this comes true. I belive all that stuff. Well, I'm very guillible. :p

I hope all that comes true. Except for the 2 wives thing.

Breine
08-19-2004, 03:33 PM
No, I haven't tried it myself, but I'd love to someday. My mother, though, tried it once... The psycic could tell about my mother's life, including me, just by looking in her palm... Freaky o_O

escobert
08-19-2004, 06:44 PM
No never but, I want to sometime.

K-chan
08-19-2004, 07:34 PM
I got my palm read once. The lady went on and on about how I was gonna be rich and successful, and then after all that said, "this line here says that you will pay me an extra $10 to ensure this future of good luck".

Kinda reminds me of those chain letters ya get ("send this to 10 more people to get good luck" and that kinda stuff)

Brian The Pink Shark
08-19-2004, 07:44 PM
i have never had this done to me before, i did have the chance to join a seance but my mum didnt want me summoning demons. I dont believe in either though, i would probably try them to see what the person says :choc:

Dr Unne
08-19-2004, 07:57 PM
I'd like to see a phrenologist someday myself.

LH
08-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Strictly for laughs I hope.

Denmark
08-19-2004, 08:08 PM
No, I didn't. Or haven't. Or whatever.

Kaos Nishiakari
08-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Odd.... I never believed in that stuff... I mean, what it you had a scar going over your palm like cutting the lines in half or something? Then what?

Psychotic
08-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I haven't, but my mum once did it in Austria at the age of 18, and the woman fortold things such as "3 children" and a serving hatch in the house she'd live in.

I have just one brother, and unless it's somewhere very hidden, I have yet to see a serving hatch in my house. :greenie:

Brian The Pink Shark
08-19-2004, 08:59 PM
actually i remember a fortune teller telling my mum she would meet may step-dad and get pregnant, and then move house, this all came true within the space of 2 years after her fortune was told, i still believe it was all a coincidence though :choc:

crono_logical
08-19-2004, 09:12 PM
It's all a load of old bovine excrement :monster:

SomethingBig
08-19-2004, 09:45 PM
It's all a load of old bovine excrement :monster:
It's a waste of 10 dolla, too.

fire_of_avalon
08-20-2004, 01:28 AM
I have a book on palmistry written by Cherio, who was supposed to be palm-reader to the stars. Give me your hands and I'll tell you about your life.

Yamaneko
08-20-2004, 01:39 AM
No, I have not. :monster:

kikimm
08-20-2004, 01:54 AM
I've never really been a fan of those things before, so...no. If I was going to have it done, it would be only as a joke. There's no way I'd take it seriously. It's annoying when some of my friends take it seriously, but hey. :monster:

:D

Logan
08-20-2004, 02:23 AM
No, but it'd be fun. Not that I would believe it....>_>

Big D
08-20-2004, 02:39 AM
I am fully aware that the lines on my palms are the result of my unborn foetus growing, causing stretches and patterns in the skin as it expanded. Nothing more, not divine intervention or the essence of the future. It's just skin that shaped in different ways, depending on random factors during pre-natal months. Just like fingerprints.
I don't believe that the texture of my hands will dictate my future any more than the pattern of mud on my hubcaps will determine the life-span of my car.

nik0tine
08-20-2004, 03:18 AM
I agree with Big D, but i think it would be fun to try it just once.

TheAbominatrix
08-20-2004, 03:27 AM
Never had mine read, but I did act as a gypsy two years in a row for my high school Ren Faire. In between yelling obscenties at the queen, I made up fortunes. I didnt even know the hand lines, I just made stuff up. It was fun. xD

Shlup
08-20-2004, 02:05 PM
In high school some of my friends were into that stuff, and one of my friends read my palm and did the whole tarot thing and stuff. I don't remember what she said, other than, if I remember correctly, the tarot cards called me a bitch.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2004, 04:09 PM
I am fully aware that the lines on my palms are the result of my unborn foetus growing, causing stretches and patterns in the skin as it expanded. Nothing more, not divine intervention or the essence of the future. It's just skin that shaped in different ways, depending on random factors during pre-natal months. Just like fingerprints.
I don't believe that the texture of my hands will dictate my future any more than the pattern of mud on my hubcaps will determine the life-span of my car.

nicely put D :choc:

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-20-2004, 06:58 PM
In high school some of my friends were into that stuff, and one of my friends read my palm and did the whole tarot thing and stuff. I don't remember what she said, other than, if I remember correctly, the tarot cards called me a bitch.
And boy were they right.

Polaris
08-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I've read my hand already, not a big deal, love it will be okay, my life will be long, really long, I wanted to learn how many kids I would have and if I am going to be single... but i read tarot, ching I and I know some stuffs bout signs... but I never read a christal ball!

TheAbominatrix
08-20-2004, 09:29 PM
And boy were they right.

*shoves the big scary stalker spider in his pants!*

SeeDRankLou
08-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Similar to how the date of your birth is simply the day that your mother gave birth to you, and the alignment of the stars at the moment you were born could in no way be used to have an idea as to what your personality is like today? Libras..... :tongue: :love: (end facetiousness)

I think there can be some truth to it, but I see no non-spirtual explaination behind it. There's some science to astrology, put palm reading is just too out there for me to put much faith behind. I give it slight credit because I have seen accurate readings before, but I just want to know what it's based on. And I only give slight faith to astrology, and that has some scientific backing.

Misfit
08-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Haha, he said "balls".

ANYWAYS ... No. I don't believe in that stuff. 8-)

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 02:36 PM

You show those bad ol' tarot cards what-for?

Anyways...I dunno. I put a little faith behind them, but not to the point that I won't get out of bed if I have a bad horoscope, or use a crystal to make all my decisions for me (I actually knew a person who did that...!). I've been trying to learn how to read tarot cards, but that's mostly just for kicks, and a halloween trick, y'know?

mystic ice cube
08-23-2004, 07:48 PM
No, I never have, but I do do that stuff myself. Well, just Tarot cards anyway.

Del Murder
08-24-2004, 02:06 AM
I went to one once. She said me and the girl I was with would get married and have kids. I don't even know where that chick lives these days.

Resha
08-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Yeah! Tarot! Lol, I do Tarot cards, but the pictures on my cards really suck. The 'people' look like demented, deformed gorillas. :eep: I've tried reading my own palm, too. I guess it's ok to do stuff like that, except you can't really bank on it.

And just coz some people get it wrong, doesn't mean everyone will.