PDA

View Full Version : about creating characters

Lain
08-19-2004, 11:51 PM
I don't know much about ff11 but soon I would buy it. So before I play that game I woud like to know somthing:

1. How many characters can you create?

2. What is the best job to end ff11 easy?

3. What sub job is the best for a warrior?

Please answer to my questions. It would be very helpful.

ZeZipster
08-20-2004, 12:11 AM
I don't know much about ff11 but soon I would buy it. So before I play that game I woud like to know somthing:

1. You pay extra to make more characters...
2. I would like to think WHM mage because it's easier to get a party on one.
3. Varies drastically, you don't start off with you sub job so you'll probably figure that out yourself...

BTW: The dance the Tarus do when you're creating one is the the pwnage.

Vaprice
08-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Indeed tarutaru dance is awesome.

But I think being a warrior is easiest. Your a tank. Everyone needs a tank in the party. I'm either going to be a dark knight or samaurai. Paladin's have mopre advantages because they can heal themselves.

*Im not going in order*

Creating extra char. costs more money.

But the job that would be easiest to end FF11 I have no clue, still being a noob.

Rostum
08-20-2004, 12:34 AM

1. You can create many characters, but it costs and extra dollar a month for each character.

2. I wouldn't say WHM is the 'best' job, there is no 'best' job. You basically have a choice between Melee and Mage classes, so you decide which one you want. If you like melee then I suggest starting as a Warrior, it just is easier to get to level 18 with it and get a subjob.

3. Considering you are starting from level 1 with Warrior and have the subjob option, the best would be Monk as subjob til around level 30. Then you get to choose. For tanking you can continue to sub MNK, for damage you can sub THF. If you have NIN leveled by the time you are around 30, then you could sub that as well.

EDIT: There is no 'easy job to end FFXI with', every job will be just as hard as the other. WHM getting parties easier at early levels does not count it as being easy at say level 50 onwards, where it gets tougher.

Lionx
08-20-2004, 03:15 AM
1.) 64 max characters, one buck more per month after the first character.

2.) You mean the job that takes you to lvl 75 fastest? BRD, nothing EVER beats the BRD. You can be a complete jackass and you can still get parties with this job. Because simply EVERYONE wants the BRD. But being one as in fun factor can be good, or robotic. WHM, BLM, RDM, PLD, NIN, RNG, MNK(high lvl) and WAR usually are the runner ups.

3.) WAR? under lvl 30, MNK is the best, no contest. After lvl 30, THF can be a good Damager, and MNK is a good tank. Post 60, /SAM is somewhat viable but there are more promising subs. /NIN after lvl 24 and espeically after their Dual Wield II upgrade later is definetly makes it the BEST and most superior sub. It offers good defense and offense, as well as Utsusemi blink to tank better and pull better. So definetly /NIN, with THF and MNK the runner ups.

Jalbrean
08-20-2004, 03:22 AM
I'd just like to point out if you're going into FFXI with just the intention of leveling to 75 to be uber and finish it. You'll never make it. You'll burn out before you reach 60th.

I've seen it happen to quite a few that went into the game that way. None of them are around anymore.

Lain
08-22-2004, 10:59 PM
So if I won't be WHM can I have a cure spell?
And I also don't understand this multiplayer system. Can you explain me how it works?

Lionx
08-22-2004, 11:09 PM
You wont have Cure if you dont sub a WHM or RDM, or be one. When subbed everything is half the lvl of the main job you designated, even if you lvled it over half. If you didnt lvl it over half and its under, it stays under.

Multiplayer as in 7000 other people will log on and off the world you play on.

Ichy
08-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Yep, multi-player as in not one player alone... Although you'll likely be sitting by yourself at home the majority of the time you play. I have had a mini LAN party, so to speak, playing just FFXI for 3 days. Was a blast having actual other players logged in and here in the same room as me.

Staying on topic, every single person you'll see in the game (who isn't an NPC) will be annother human player sitting somewhere on the planet playing the game, just like you ;)

UltimateSpamGrover
08-25-2004, 05:13 AM
and no matter how many characters you buy, you can only control ONE character, its not like FF1 where you make a whole party. the other people online will act as your party members

just my 2K

Lain
08-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I want to play Mithra and I read that they are good thieves. Is thief a good job to begin?

Citizen Bleys
08-29-2004, 09:45 PM
THF is harder than hell up to level 15, but then they start fighting over you.

You *can* solo to lv 15, but it would be horribly tedious after level 7

Lionx
08-30-2004, 12:05 AM
THF is a good job in itself, but i recommend lvling WAR to 18 then sub it to a THF, a THF before lvl 15 offers little to a party, but with a WAR sub you can be a pseudo tank or you can easily voke off mages if hate is lost on main tank. So go WAR, then go THF.

Grand Lethal
08-30-2004, 01:59 AM
I subbed NIN to THF and had a pretty easy time getting parties (I think its the mentality of "he has NIN! he must be special!"). I would not recomment startign as THF though, its a really rough job before 15, and even after that its not overly easy to get parties compared to say NIN, PLD, WHM, BLM or BRD.

Hope that helps you out a little bit. Oh and think of an online game kinda like the forum.. lots of people on and off of it all the time, but you make parties and kill stuff in game with them. Its like a chatroom with and RPG engine attached to it so you can talk about and play a game at the same time :)

Lionx
08-30-2004, 04:35 AM
I think its the /NIN thing that you have a job over 30 and stuff...;'-')b

Citizen Bleys
08-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Yeah, experience in the player oft makes up for lacks in the character.