PDA

View Full Version : Blue Chocobos, black chocobos

Polaris
08-20-2004, 07:27 PM
where can i get a blue or black chocobos? I only get those yellow... and I can't put them in the stables I've tried but I don't know how to put them... can someone help me? :D

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2004, 07:51 PM
you'll need to breed them at the chocobo stables, im too lazy to write out how to do it, so visit chocobo sage who lives in a house near the north crater, you need the airship to get to him though :choc:

Polaris
08-20-2004, 07:52 PM
North crater where it is? What airship the Torno Bronco?

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2004, 07:54 PM
oh god your still only on disc one, you'll need to wait untill disc two, you get the airship at Junon, after you have visited the north crater, dont worry it's part of the story line so you will get it

oh and btw north crater is in the northern continent :choc:

Polaris
08-20-2004, 07:58 PM
I am already at disc 2, I passed it today... anyway thankx it's that mmy sis love chocobos so I wanted to show her other chocobos I want her to name them! She'll be so happy! Thankx!

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2004, 08:00 PM
i love chocobos too, so name one Squinn plz since i helped you :choc:

i mean if you want to

Polaris
08-20-2004, 08:02 PM
okay I will bdo we have a limit of own chocobos? How many can we have?

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2004, 08:07 PM
you can have 6 chocobos

oh and btw dont name a chocobo squinn, Squinn the chocobo just sounds retarded :choc:

Jolts
08-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Catch a GOOD chocobo near Gold Saucer (when there's a chocobo with only Spencers).
Catch a GREAT chocobo near Mideel (when there's a chocobo with only Spirals)
Move them both to your stables (makes sure you perchase them from the father inside the house...you'll need at least 3, but I usually get all 6).
Get a Carub Nut by either buying it for 500GP (it's in '?,' but you can tell what you're getting by the 500GP price) or by stealing/winning them from the red dragon thing near Bone Village (outside of the forrest, in the grass). You'll need at least 3 Carub Nuts to get a BLACK chocobo.
Race both the GOOD and GREAT chocobos to the highest rank you can.
Breed the GOOD and GREAT chocobos with a Carub Nut.
If the GOOD is male, and you get a BLUE Chocobo, it should be female. If you get a GREEN chocobo, and the GREAT is male, then the GREEN should be female. Vise versa if the GOOD is female and you get BLUE and whatnot.
If you got BLUE, breed it with GOOD. If you got GREEN, breed it with GREAT (don't forget to race them to higher ranks).
Once you have a GREEN and BLURE of opposite genders, then race them, breed them. You should now have the BLACK.

If you only have 3 stables, then you'll need to release some chocobos, which can be risky. I suggest forking over 60,000Gil for all 6 stables.

This will require a lot of gender matching, luck, and patience. Always save before entering the farm. When moving chocobos to the stable, if you get the wrong gender, just soft reset (R1+R2+L1+L2+START+SELECT) and try again. Do the same when breeding.

If you go to the chocobo tracks in the snow near Icicle INN and catch a Wonderful chocobo (it'll be with Jumpers only (the rabbits)) and breed it with the Black, you'll get the Gold (the best).

This is the method I've recently used, so I know it works.

Tip: A MASTERed Chocobo Lure will make catching (well, getting into a battle with) chocobos much easier.
Tip2: Tantal Greens used on chocobos in battle have the longest effect.
Tip3: Before racing each chocobo, you'll need to feed it until it likes you. 99 Tantal Greens work just fine, but 99 Sylkis Greens work even better (more expensive though, and only purchasable from the Chocobo Sage perviously mentioned).

NOTE: I may be mistaken when breeding a BLUE with GOOD, it might be BLUE with GREAT and GREEN with GOOD.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2004, 08:24 PM
you can see why i didnt want to explain it in full now divinity :choc:

Polaris
08-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Yeah that was really long but thankx you all!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=851368&postcount=9

Jolts
08-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Just start pointing people to http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=851368&postcount=9 when they ask this question in the future (and you know they will).