PDA

View Full Version : my sigs gone

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 03:07 AM
hey, what the hell? why has my sig been removed? i got this cool guy to change it to a jpeg and reduce the KB size and pixel size. there was nothing wrong with it!!!

damn mod whores...*sigh*. it may sound pety, but i,m never going 2 understand all these sig rules...its just so infuriating how u do your best 2 get it right, and still get screwed. its not much 2 ask 4 is it? 2 personalise your signature?

TheAbominatrix
08-21-2004, 03:10 AM
The picture was fine, but the picture and the text were too big. That's what the explination where your sig used to be is telling you.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 03:13 AM
so to teach me a lesson, instead of deleting the text, they delete the whole picture too??? thats incrediably spiteful...

escobert
08-21-2004, 03:18 AM
They do it to everyone. If you read the rules it's picture AND text can't be over 250 pixils high.

TheAbominatrix
08-21-2004, 03:20 AM
If you dont want the picture deleted, then make sure it fits the rules. It's very simple.

And you have it uploaded somewhere, don't you? At least keep the thing on a site or on your hard drive, it's not lost forever.

The mods cant go around fixing your sig for you and making sure things are done to your liking; that's your job. Their job is to enforce the rules. And by the way, if you're unsure about your sig and ask one of them, they will tell you if it's good or not and then you can fix it yourself.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 03:22 AM
but how much does text add to size? surely not much?

anyway, would it not make more sense to tell ppl first? i could have just removed the text myself...or is it TIME over fairness thing? which is fair enough i guess,its not my website. but still Infuriating...

TheAbominatrix
08-21-2004, 03:26 AM
It added a lot. You had huge letters below yours, and it made it way to big. Next time, use normal sized text and keep it on one line.

And no, it wouldnt. Why should the mods have to ask before enforcing their rules? "Excuse me, could you erase your flaming please? Or else we'll have to warn you."

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 03:33 AM
meh, whatever, i dont care anymore...

as i look over various pics online, i realise that its very hard to find a pic that fits...

Shoeberto
08-21-2004, 03:59 AM
The mods aren't trying to attack you. It's not an act of spite. Text does add to the size of a signature. It's not a personal attack or discremination against newer members.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 04:01 AM
i know i guess. maybe i,m being a bit un-mature. but i try so hard and always screw up...

i guess it would help if i could save the pic as a file and reduce the size. but the silly thing only allows images on the net 2 be used. i dont have a website 2 host the image...

hey, is this sig ok??? :moomba:

escobert
08-21-2004, 05:35 AM
Use photobucket.com to host your sigs. That's what I started doing after getting sick of asking people to host for me. It's free.

Big D
08-21-2004, 06:06 AM
If the mods just removed the text from your sig, then that'd basically be seen as the mods offering to fix-up and resize any sigs that people make. Members would put whatever they want into their sigs, in the expectation that a friendly neighbourhood mod <s>whore</s> will ensure that it's within the limits.

So, instead of fluffling around, we just delete sigs that are too large.

Call it 'tough love', if you will. It's great for boosting vigilance and attention to detail, as well as ensuring that people take responsibility for what they post.

EoFF is such a good social learning tool:cool:

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 06:08 AM
dahhh, stop being 100% right Big D!!! :greenie: lol.

crono_logical
08-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Besides, it's your fault for not reading what's above the box where you put the signature in, your warning is there already, so deleting on sight without asking is pretty fair :p

Leeza
08-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Yep. That's why I remove them. :)

Huge sigs also just happen to be one of my pet peeves. :cat:

If you need help with a sig, you can ask for it by posting in this thread:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=42968

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Besides, it's your fault for not reading what's above the box where you put the signature in, your warning is there already, so deleting on sight without asking is pretty fair :p

not 2 moan, but i already posted that i DID read that, and did my best to ensure my sig would be ok. its just i under estimated the amount text adds to the sig. so i,d appreciate it if u didnt express a need 2 point fingers at me...

EDIT-i,m sorry, just everything seems 2 be going wrong in every area of my life( no change there then)

-N-
08-21-2004, 10:19 PM
EoFF is such a good social learning tool:cool:I used it in my teaching curriculum. Well, before I got fired for saying exdee out loud, that is.