PDA

View Full Version : i can't decide!help!

Lon611
08-21-2004, 05:26 AM
ok, b4 i ask the dumbest question known 2 man, let me say that my first ff was ffix (i kno, when it comes 2 ff, im a late bloomer). then came ffx and it was the reason why i bought a ps2. 4 those of u who have beef with ffx, my ffx thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=49651).

newayz, im almost done with ffvi and i've played ffviii (briefly), and hav played ffvii up 2 cosmo canyon (it was my friends and i had 2 giv it bak). and i don't know what 2 do first.

i've been spending A LOT of money recently, and i don't know what 2 do. should i save for ffxii, which looks very promising in my eyez, but duzn;t come out in a while. or should i buy ffvii, which is tried and tru, but then be scrapped for money in a really short period of time. i know it's hella cheao, but it would still mean im broke. i've spent A LOT of money this summer. PLZ POST!!!!thanks

Shoeberto
08-21-2004, 05:32 AM
FF7 can be bought dirt-cheap at a used game shop. Like, less than $10 cheap.

escobert
08-21-2004, 05:39 AM
And 7 is just a great game.

-N-
08-21-2004, 05:39 AM
What else do you need to spend on? Get a job?

Lon611
08-21-2004, 05:47 AM
i could get a job but that would mean i wud get like 30 mins of slp at night. long story short, skewl is almost starting, im gonna b HELLA buzy. ap calculus, ap us history, junior varsity basketball, plus sk8brding (YES, a baller who sk8's!!!been at it since i can remember. 3rd grade i think) newayz that's not the point. the point is im in a very demanding magnet high skewl and m in my junior year when colleges REALLY start looking. so a job isn't really an option.

i know it may seem like the end of the world, but isn't it???AHHHH!!!!

-N-
08-21-2004, 06:12 AM
Ah. Well, no, it's not the end of the world. If a friend has it, burn it and play it with ePSXe if you're that cheap.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 06:26 AM
lol. seriously ffVII just rules and it is very cheap. just buy that and enjoy ffVI-VIII until ffXII comes out.

i have similar problems with money. so much Game and Anime goodies 2 buy, SO very little money(and i mean, VERY LITTLE :cry: )

escobert
08-21-2004, 06:30 AM
lol. seriously ffVII just rules and it is very cheap. just buy that and enjoy ffVI-VIII until ffXII comes out.

i have similar problems with money. so much Game and Anime goodies 2 buy, SO very little money(and i mean, VERY LITTLE :cry: )
Yeah college books cost too much :( and so does pot :p

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Yeah college books cost too much :( and so does pot :p

lol, i,m so broke i wish i could afford Pot :) . i guess i,m doin ok considering i STILL have no job...

ahh, the life of a low life loser University Bum...

Lon611
08-21-2004, 08:00 AM
pot huh?well it's nice 2 kno im taking advice from some1 with good decision making, lol. aight, i think i've decided 2 go and buy it 2morrow.

any1 have any idea how many hours it takes?i want 2 go through it pretty decently, but i don't need EVERYTHING i.e. super weapons, lvl 99 etc. also, any general advice for my first time through?

more specifically, i want 2 kno about the boss at cosmo canyon. i got up 2 him las time but cudn't dfeat him, no matter what i did. my friend said he's dead so use a phoenix down, but by then i had already given the game bak. ne truth 2 this method?

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 08:12 AM
good choice my friend.

it takes about 40-70 hours 2 beat first time though it can beaten in 20.

if u want Everything though, we r looking at about 90+ hours and if u include stat and Materia maxing, it could well take 500 hours :eek: ...

my advice is to complete the game normally first and then do a more thorough job second play. thats the way i do all my ff games.

Also, Enemy skill materia can make the game really easy early in and has very useful moves throughout the game. to be honest ffVII is not 2 hard(its easier then ffIX anyway). so u should not have 2 many problems.

OH, one more thing. if your not an Aeris loving freak like me, dont worry about training her too high...

Lon611
08-21-2004, 08:17 AM
thanks 4 the advice, but i already kno wat happens 2 aeris. i've seen the fmv 2, so i don't kno how emotional it'll be. :crying: .

also, it's kinda of impossible 2 avoid spoilers nowadays :mad: , but i understand cloud has his memories/past mixed up with zack's. i've seen a guy that looks exactly like cloud but with dark hair. is this him, or is it just an image effect?

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 08:21 AM
yep that is Zack. i hope u will still be able to feel the Genius and emotional power of ffVII, despite these spoilers. :) . Enjoy it and when your done, post your honest opinion of ffVII on here. u could start some fresh Sephiroth/Jenova debates!!!

escobert
08-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah that's Zack. Yeah use a pheonix down on the boss it should give you a inst kill if I remember rigth *hasn;t played 7 in a couple years*

Lon611
08-21-2004, 08:24 AM
don't worry, i bet i'll still feel the emotions and genius that engulfs ffvii. shrina tower in the beginning really rocked in every way. that an a lot of other stuff really blew my mind. thankx 4 every1's help.

:jap: :jap: :jap: :jap: :jap:

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 08:26 AM
ohh, be sure to take on the might of Ruby and Emerald Weapon :evilking:

Lon611
08-21-2004, 08:32 AM
im guessing that's a side quest. so exactly when/where do i fight them, just so i don't miss them. super bosses right?hehehe

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 08:58 AM
well dont mind about them now. its not possible 2 MISS them really. u can fight them at any point at end of disc 2 or disc 3.

have u battled Nemesis on ffX? they are not as strong as him, so there not THAT hard.

Lon611
08-21-2004, 09:06 AM
no i didn't face nemesis. actually, i didn't face ANY super bosses from ffx (don't have international) from the monster arena, and i feel really bad bcuz i love that game SOmuch and kno it inside like no 2morrow inside and out EXCEPTfor the monsters from the monster arena. i think u kno by now aeris2001x2 that im not 1 that goes and lvls up 2 lvl 100 bjillion and gets EVERY legendary weapon,though i hav a cuple...

do u think i shud go back 2 ffx and see what happens in the monster arena?though i don;t feel like lvling up that much....

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 09:11 AM
well it depends. even the NTSC version has some rewarding super bosses in the monster arena. they r well worth fighting 4 the challenge.

but if you really dont like leveling up(though i know a very quick way to get sphere points) then u should not force your self 2 do it.

fornately u dont really need 2 level up that much 2 beat Ruby or Emerald (did u ever fight Ozma on ffIX?)

Lon611
08-21-2004, 09:21 AM
i think i'll start the monster arena in a like 30 mins *looks at clock that says 1:18 am* :cry: .

naw, i never fought ozma cuz i never knew nething abuot ff bak then. like "wat r super bosses?" lol. ok i wasn't that bad. but i didn't use ANY walkthrough or nething, that's how ignorant i was about ffix. and it was still hard *looks at necrons corpse (hehehe)* :D so i didn't kno about ANY secrets about nething. like "i didn't kno chocobos come in different colors, wtf?i didn't see nething like that..."

i just realized i type A LOT compared 2 most ppl. sorri. can't help it :p

who wud u say as a tru newbie to the "super-bosses" of ff (seriously) at the monster arena shud i dismantle first?

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 09:31 AM
well firstly u will have to capture one of Every monster in spira :D . i recommend clearing out an area at a time. everytime u clear out an area, a new monster appears. new monsters appear everytime u get everyone of each time too. its time consuming but fun. use Wakka and its like Pokemon :tongue: .

firstly though u might want 2 go 2 Omega Ruins and beat Omega. he is very easy in the NTSC version.

and in the monster arena i would start with the Area Conquest, followed by Species Conquest and then the mighty Original Creation section, of wjich Nemesis is the last. if u need help finding the monsters to capture, there is a good walkthrough on gamefaqs.com. beware, getting hard enough 2 beat Nemesis may take a while...

p.s u dont type 2 much, dont worry. oh its just turned 9.30am here in UK..but having done an all nighter i,ll be going 2 bed soon anyway...

Lon611
08-21-2004, 09:51 AM
i just put in my 2 cents at ur "wat wud u do if the world endd" thread.i wish it was morning so i cud REALLY start the monster arena.

thankx 2 every1 for their help, and ill post as i go along through ffvii. :D

Brian The Pink Shark
08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
FFVII is the best game ever, so buy it now! :choc:

Lon611
08-21-2004, 07:16 PM
aeris2001x2, i kno u said there was an eazy way 2 get sphere lvls. plz, do tell ne1.

Jolts
08-21-2004, 09:01 PM
AP Trick (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_ap.txt)

That should help a little.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 09:08 PM
ok it may take time 2 prepare but its well worth it. (i,ve researched and i believe the US version is not different to the international. so it should still work in your version)

well firstly u will have to have captured enough Monsters to have unlocked the Area Conquest super boss Don Tonberry. he is critical...

your overdrive mode should be set to stoic. you will need a weapon with the move's-*Overdrive to ap*,*Triple overdrive* and *triple AP*.

Over drive to ap- u can create with 10X door to tomorrows. if u capture every monster for SIX areas, u will get 99 of these!

Triple Overdrive- u can create with 30X winning formula. capture ONE of EVERY monster in Spira, and u will receive 99 of these.

Triple AP- u can create with 30X wings of discovery. to get them u can bribe a Marlboro and receive approx Wings to Discovery x4 for 540,000 gil. at (Calm Lands or Cavern
of the Stolen Fayth).

Or Great Marlboro and receive approx Wings to Discovery x8 for 1,280,000 gil. at (Sin or Omega
Ruins).
You can also Open 3 treasure chests in the Remiem Temple chocobo race without touching any poles, and you'll recieve 30 (ONE TIME ONLY!).

If u need money for bribing, then equip the move Gillionaire and fight mimics in Omega ruins. to get gillionaire Capture at least 1 of each monster from the Omega Ruins for the Monster Arena, and the trainer will give you 60 designer wallets. 30 is enough for gillionaire.

ok, customise abilities to your character weapon. and then let those with them fight Don Tonberry. everytime u hit him, he will counter with Karma, which will do LOTS of damage (the more enemies u have killed, the more it will do). However, because of your abilities, the hp damage that is converted to overdrive increase, will increase the number of ap u receive after battle. revive the character who died(he will) and repeat this. when the Don Tonberry STOPS countering, run away! otherwise he will destroy u. and then look at the HUGE ap u hsve just received :D :D :D . now heal, save and repeat, and your have completed the sphere grid in no time. (now MASTERING the sphere grid is another matter, but just concentrate on this 4 now).

if u have ANY problems with this, post it here and i will do my best to help...hope i,ve been useful.

EDIT-hey, curse u Jolts :)

Jolts
08-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Sorry aeris2001x2. I tried to save you some typing...I guess I was too late...:(.

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 09:15 PM
lol, thats ok. i wanted to know how much i remember of ffX anyway. considering i had 2 use a bribe FAQ 4 that post, i,m disapointed :shame:

Lon611
08-21-2004, 09:31 PM
ok, that ap trick seems like it;s gonna take some time, considering i need 2 do it 4 3 characters. and it looks like i need 2 be really devoted 2 running around. that's okay tho. but did ne1 hav truble with Malboro Menace?that guys killing me every time because he's always on "ambush". after his first move, im basikaly done for.

so far today, i've dismantled Stratoavis, Coeurlregina, Chimerageist and Catoblepas. i don't really know how hard those guys are, but for me it's a start. for the hell of it, im fighting Earth Eater rite now...lol. he destroyed me. o

kay. ne1 kno the easiest way 4 break hp limit(?)

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 09:36 PM
your doing well. Coeurlregina and Catoblepas are super bosses. Malboro Menance however is much harder, and dont even think about Earth Eater till u have beat all the Area and Species conquest monsters. Earth Eater is probably the 7th hardest Super boss in the US ffX.

if u want break hp limit, it ALSO takes 30X wings of discovery to create.

Lon611
08-21-2004, 09:55 PM
and dont even think about Earth Eater till u have beat all the Area and Species conquest monsters. Earth Eater is probably the 7th hardest Super boss in the US ffX.

yah i realized that when even my aeons weren't doing very well.....lol. watev. and okay, don't you get aurons sigil(?) or crest(?)
by capturing one of every monster??or do u need 10 of every species of every monster??? :sweatdrop

one day.......... :rock: :rock: :rock:. lol. (i luv the smileys in this place)

another idiotic question: can i beat the super bosses without the legendary weapons, or do i hav 2 "go all out"?even nemesis???

Jolts
08-21-2004, 10:02 PM
I beat Nemesis without the Celestial Weapons. I just kept using Auto-Life and Drain :D (might wanna' make sure you deal more than 10,000 damage with Drain though...raise your stats the best you can).

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 10:04 PM
i dont think u get any crests or sigils from the monster arena, but i could be wrong. yes u do need approx ten of every monster. u need ALOT.

no u dont need the celestial weapons 2 beat them. but it will be much harder without them. i HIGHLY recommend the celestial weapons(though if u had the international, i would say yes u definitly need them).

Lon611
08-21-2004, 10:17 PM
okay. i already fulyl unlocked nirvana, but im not looking forward to getting the sun sigil for tidus. the first time i beat the game i tried, and i got a chocobo racing time of 2.6 seconds!!!!so close. that broke my spirit, and i've never tried that dumb mini game a gain :shame:

who has the easiest celestial weapon 2 fully unlock and equip, tidus or auron?

also, i was jus thinkn, fiends are made from pyreflies rite, which come from dead guys rite?well, what makes the super bosses so much stronger than the rest of the fiends. ar the pyreflies more tightly "knit"?or did the pyreflies come from a super hard boss that eventually died. Maybe sin?or is my imagination running 2 wild? lol.

Del Murder
08-21-2004, 10:51 PM
If you guys want to discuss FFX we have an entire forum dedicated to the game. You should check it out!

aeris2001x2
08-21-2004, 10:53 PM
i think your reading 2 much into it :) . though i imagine a higher concentration of Pyreflies makes sense.

well Yuna is easiest overall. though out of Tidus and Auron i,d say Auron. i HATE the Chocobo mini game 2 (though in the international version if u miss the sun crest the first time u r in Zanerkand, u have 2 beat Dark Bahamat 2 get it :eek:. so be thankful that wont happen ).

EDIT-oh yeah, i didnt notice this was an ffVII forum :D . sos Del Murder.

Lon611
08-22-2004, 04:29 AM
yah we kinda got off topic. but here's sumthin interesting. i finally bought ffvii!!!best 20 buks ever spent. thanks u guys. i'll start it soon as i finish ffvi...

Jolts
08-22-2004, 09:23 AM
$20? I got mine for $10, but I've seen freshly new copies for only $15 at Meijer. Oh well, I still think it's worth $20, if that's the cheapest you can find it :D.

aeris2001x2
08-23-2004, 11:10 AM
lol, i,d pay $1000 for ffVII. Hail priceless greatness!

Jolts
08-23-2004, 09:39 PM
$1,000? I'd sooner pirate it than pay that much for one video game, no matter how good it is (I'm not made of money, you know). :lol:

Lon611
08-24-2004, 03:57 AM
newayz....i would just like 2 say that i put ffx away for awhile. mayB even a long while. maybe forever. i got the main trio at about 6500-7700HP when i realized, what's the point?i can already dfeat the braskas aeon in like 5 mins neways. how strong do u really need to be?this is my first time fighting the super bosses at the monster arena, and i only dfeated stratoavis, coeurlregina, chimerageist, catoblepas, espada, kottos, and jormungand. but what's really the point?i got kinda bored collecting monsters, and invincibility never really interested me. so i decided 2 beat braska's final aeon and watch the ever so perfect ending for maybe the last time( :boohoo: :whimper: :weep: :crying: )how many times can u really beat the game?how many times do you memorize every line?i just thought i'd use this little post 2 say goodbye to (at least i think) one of the greater ff's.

ok, i haven't posted in awhile, so i thought i'd let every1 kno how im diong in ffvii. i just started playing like an hour ago, and im really tired and seeing scenes i;ve seen before isn't the best way 2 treat ur tiredness. but what i've noticed this time around is that it's a breath of fresh air not 2 have an immature main character (no offense tidus, just never laugh again like yuna said, k? :lol: ). i also caught myself thinkn if ffvii were 2 b made into a nex gen game, the voice acting would be AMAZING. that's how fleshed out and individual i thought the character's personalities were, and that's my first hour.

this time around, i also noticed the superb music. for the first time, it's the monster music that startles me and the boss music that i love hearing. :cool: long story short, suprisingly good music.

i also haven't postd in a while :rolleyes2 , so i just thought i'd let every1 kno wat i think of wat is claimed 2 be the greatest game ever.

on a very minor note: ne1 kno how 2 get different aim smileys really eazy?mayB that move, or da ones on this site?Your replies are appreciated! :tongue:

aeris2001x2
08-24-2004, 08:36 AM
well thats cool. super boss challenges r not 4 everyone and ffX is the first ff game 2 have more then two in one game. maybe with more experience u will be able 2 challenge ffX super bosses once more.

me personally, such challenges r an essential element. but spending 216 hours on ffX international could be a bit 2 heavy.

on the smiles thing, i only know if u click "more" a big page of them will appear.

Lon611
08-24-2004, 09:36 AM
thanks aeris, but i think im gonna call it quits on ffx. i did everything that i wantd 2, gr8 story and the whole nine yards, but the super bosses aren't for me. one of the reasons i made this tread was cuz i don't hav time or money, and spending a lot of time levling up isn't that worth it 2 me. like, if square could make a longer list of things 2 learn like magic, i'd have no problem lvln up, but that isn't gonna happn. plus, we all kno that ffx doesn;t exactly have the best minigames (blitzball, chocobo racing, lighting dodger :( even though i managed 2 get a cuple celestial weapons :tongue: )so yah,im pretty sure i finished everything i wantd 2 finish this time around.i kno it sounds sad, but that's not how it's supposed 2 feel. im "retiring" my ffx. you can only play through it so many times. but there's always the luca sphere theatre so u can just sit bak n relax... :cool: oh, did u get tidus's last overdrive?i didn't, but i was wondern if i was missin out...

was it me, or does this post hav a weird vibe 2 it?eh, it's probably my brain shutting down. i've been denying sleep this summer and it mught b catching up...

thanks 4 the help :D

now, onward 2 the second mako reactor!

aeris2001x2
08-24-2004, 10:01 AM
well ffVII is the greatest so leave ffX behind and experience sumthin even greater

Tidus last overdrive was Blitz Ace. it was quite powerful, potentially able 2 do 9X 99999, but it was still not as good as Wakka's attack reels.

Ryth
08-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Buy FFVII it is dirt cheap and FFXII won't be out for a looooonnng while.

Lon611
08-25-2004, 07:45 AM
k, my thoughts on the second hour(i kno it seems like ima post every hour of ffvii, but im not. just the important ones :D ) of the "greatest game" ever.

im at the train graveyard at about 2:01. i doubt that;s fast, but im trying 2 suck in the plot this time around. they showed the scene at shinra corp. where shinra plans 2 destroy the sector 7 slums, then send rescue courtesy of shinra to make the ppl fall in luv with shinra. personally, i know i can't compare, but graphically that scene hurt my eyez. no, graphics aren't nearly everything, but itd be nice if they were a little smoother. sometimes in real-time, the characters look decent at best. why duz every1 look like the pillsbury doh boy? lol. :tumble: guess you don't think that was funny :mad: HOWEVER, the pre-rendered backgrounds are fantastic *looks at the shinra office*. i just wish that ffvii could be closer than it is with viii in terms of real-time character models...

let me jus say im still amazed at ffvii. b4 every1 yells at me about my comments on graphics, let me just say this has all the other ff's beat. plot wise, i didn't know characters could have more human motives than ffx. but, ffvii proved me wrong. everything every character does feels human, and that;s wonderful. remember the don corneo scene anyone?

"tell us, or i'll cut them off!"
"tell us, or i'll rip them off!!"
"tell us, or i'll smash them!!!"

pure genious. i luv when he's doing "the motion" 2wards tifa. i'm not a perve, but it was hilariously geniuos.

well, just thought id update u guys on my thoughts of my 1st time thru. No, i won't do this every hour, only when something either fascinates me or another idea/comment pops it's way into my head. want 2 discuss something?POST AWAY :tongue:

EDIT: duz ne1 go 2 RPGAMER.com?i do sumtimes, and i was looking at the reviews they had of ffvii, and they were baaaddd. one dingleberry gave it 5/10 :eek: . that being the worst tho. most of them were around 7.5 while few reviews posted it as 9-10/10. is it just ff fans that understand ff?go visit the site, then tel me watchya think

Jolts
08-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Just make sure you are well prepared for when you need to fight Crystal WEAPON.

:lol:

aeris2001x2
08-25-2004, 09:14 AM
??? I never even heard of such a weapon? of course if u beat it u can resurrect Aeris :p

Lon611
08-25-2004, 09:23 AM
what the?im so confused :confused: . i thought u can't revive aeris?i've never heard of crystal weapon. wats this ffvii i keep hearing about?AAAAHHH!!!!!

lol. thanx guys :tongue: i hope ur just messing with me and there is no crystal weapon and i won't miss the chance to revive aeris. i hope ur jus messing with me... :shifty: *prepares 2 fight crystal weapon*

lol. nething "else" i shud know? :p

Jolts
08-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Crystal WEAPON is the one that got its head shot off by Junnon's cannon.

Lon611
08-25-2004, 09:30 AM
well, NOT BEING THERE YET, i wudn't kno wat the hel ur talking about. damn spoilers :mad: . lol. don't worry about it. unfortuneatly i was bored so i watched every ffvii fmv. didn't make much sense 2 me cuz i didn't know the plot, but since im playing thru it, il figure it out and bow down 2 the greates game EVA! *clap clap*. YAY :tongue:

but i doubt u fight him. do u?

EDIT: DON't reply to the las question i asked. i am a retard when it's this late, and i didn't realize u said it got it's head chopped off. my bad. i amaze myself sometimes, lol

aeris2001x2
08-25-2004, 10:16 AM
lol, i call that one Sapphire weapon, since it looks more like a sapphire then crystal. its name is never actuallt mentioned though...

hey, Lon611...prepare 2 battle Ruby and Emerald Weapon... :eek:

Ultima Shadow
08-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Well, everyone I know call it Sapphire weapon and all FF sites I've seen call it Sapphire weapon as well.
So... I call it Sapphire weapon. :p

Anyway, you CAN'T revive Aeris.

Jolts
08-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Well, the Bradygames guide calls it Crystal, and Squaresoft themselves helped them make it. So, I figured they'd know the name ;).

Lon611
08-26-2004, 12:14 AM
okay, quick question pertaining 2 something i said a long time ago n this thread : ne1 wonder why zack n cloud look exactly alike but with different hair color?are they relatives?if nething about my last statement is inaccurate, plz, impose ur knowledge, lol.

Jolts
08-26-2004, 06:06 AM
If you have Ehrgeiz, and you've unlocked Zack, then you can see the differences in their "character select" portrait.

If they are related in some way, however, Squaresoft never hinted on it.

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Well, the Bradygames guide calls it Crystal, and Squaresoft themselves helped them make it. So, I figured they'd know the name ;).

but does that ffVII guide have a reputation for being absolute crap?

Lon611
08-27-2004, 07:26 PM
hey, i like the brady games ones. it's a lot better than prima games (?). u kno, the real skinny strategy guide. at least brady games pratically gives you everything u need/want to kno, and then some.

ps, whenevr i quote sum1, i don't know where to put "originally posted by, and then their name." so if ne1 can help a lil, i won't feel so stupid quoting nemore...

EDIT:im leaving shinra tower, THIS GAME KICKS ASS!

Jolts
08-27-2004, 09:31 PM
but does that ffVII guide have a reputation for being absolute crap?
Only with certain information, like it saying that you can morph Rufus into a shotgun :lol:, but all of the names seem to be correct.

Lon611
08-28-2004, 05:09 AM
okay, i just got outta shinra tower (sorry, i like 2 take my time with games) and the whole tower kiks ass. especially when everybody in the buildeing dies. ooh, and i play this in the corner of my house at night with no lights, but was ne1 else scared when this happend?also the part where u see jenova headless. and is that an eyeball for a nipple?

long story short, the whole shinra tower rulez

aeris2001x2
08-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Only with certain information, like it saying that you can morph Rufus into a shotgun :lol:, but all of the names seem to be correct.

lol, how on earth could a guide come up with stuff like that? :D

glad your enjoying this master piece Loni. just wait for the Sephiroth section :hot:

Lon611
08-28-2004, 06:16 PM
oh yah, i remember that from my last time i played. it was extremely confusing though, so playing thru again wud definetly help...

oh ps :why does every1 call me Loni?!?!?!?!?!

Del Murder
08-28-2004, 06:41 PM
ps, whenevr i quote sum1, i don't know where to put "originally posted by, and then their name." so if ne1 can help a lil, i won't feel so stupid quoting nemore...

Use the quote button under someone's post and it will be done automatically. Otherwise, use this:

text

to produce:

text

Jolts
08-28-2004, 11:52 PM
why does every1 call me Loni?!?!?!?!?!
I guess it's your nickname for this place now. Don't worry, I've always called you Lon611 when referring to you, and I always will :D.

lol, how on earth could a guide come up with stuff like that?
Because one of his attack is "Shotgun," they just printed it in the wrong spot.

As for the quote thing, you can also just use . Click here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/misc.php?do=bbcode) if you want to learn of all the nifty tags you can use. My favorite is highlight this text :D.

aeris2001x2
08-28-2004, 11:57 PM
but why would the word "morph" be anywhere near that section, since u cant have morph by then? silly Brady ffVII guide...

sos Lon611, i think i started that. i,ll try to stop :tongue:

Jolts
08-29-2004, 12:04 AM
It was in the besteary (spelling?) that said Rufus can be morphed. They were just using the normal template, and then screwed it up (lazy bastages).

Lon611
08-29-2004, 12:14 AM
sos Lon611, i think i started that. i,ll try to stop :tongue:

it's okay if you guys call me loni around here, i just wantd 2 kno where it came from :shifty: lol :tongue:

EDIT: ok, i just got 2 kalm(?) and WOW!i mean, i had played throught that part b4, but geez. just thought id say how im doing... :D

Jolts
08-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Cloud's past is boring...

Lon611
08-30-2004, 08:39 AM
you think its boring?!?!i think its hella interesting, especially since sephiroth is a part of it....... :D

what don't you like about clouds past?

Jolts
08-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Well, after playing through it once, I already know exactly what's going to happen, and there's nothing I can change about it. It's boring...

Lon611
08-31-2004, 03:53 AM
well, i understand dat. but if you get so bored sitting through the heart of the game (plot), why keep restarting?

neways,i was trying 2 look 4 cloud's theme on this site, but i coudn't find it. unles i missd it. but is there a cloud's theme?and in the beginning of the game, where do u hear it?thanx

Jolts
08-31-2004, 06:54 AM
Why replay it? Well, because the rest of the game is fun. I can't let one drawback stop me, that's just not right :D.

Cloud's theme? You talkin' about a music theme? I don't think he really has one...unless you mean that "battle" music you here during the part where you get aquainted with the game.

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Cloud's past is boring...

i was about to decapitate u, and then realised i,m not an arrogant bastard who thinks there opinion is the 100% truth. :greenie: . Do u think Cloud is a good character Jolts?

Hey Lon611, where have u got 2 now?

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:03 PM
well, im taking my sweet time with it. uhm, i just left kalm after hearing about clouds past and sephiroth going crazy in nibelheim(?). but where do i go after dat?thankx

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:07 PM
go towards the little ranch south of Kalm...the chocobo stables :p . in there u will find out about the little birds.

then use a chocobo to cross the swamp (or if u r hard enough, cross on foot :evilking: )

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:10 PM
lol. my first time ever playing, i didn't kno you were supposta get a chocobo, so i did cross on foot and actually made it :D . but for some reason i didn't think that was the rite way so i turned bak.....and got demolished by tha stupid giant snake. :shame: thankx 4 helping me where 2 go :p

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:12 PM
lol. if u want, u could try and learn BETA off the snake. it will allow u to crush almost every enemy for a significant part of the game :D .

p.s- u can kill it easy if u use Barret's mindblast (which drains its mp and stops Beta). however u get rubbish exp and ap. :mad2:

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:16 PM
ok thanks aeris, but i have a couple quick questions.

does tha snake only do beta???oh, and how do you learn attacks from enemies in ffvii???

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:20 PM
well it still bites u and uses tail flip. however Beta is its only mass death attack. and its fire based, so its possible to absorb it (though i doubt u would have the materia or AP to absorb elements yet).

u learn enemy skill's by being hit by the attack when u have ENEMY SKILL materia equipped. did u get the first one in Shinra Tower? there are four in the game. there r some VERY decent attacks avaliable, sum i prefer to normal magic.

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:24 PM
yah, i got tha enemy skill materia. i attached it 2 aeris, ironically. :p

im guessing when it bites you and uses tail flip, it can still kill you?just not tha whole party at once?k thanks

Jolts
09-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Do u think Cloud is a good character Jolts?
Cloud is my favorite FF character next to Bahamut (if you count Bahamut as a character). During my first play through, I found the past to be a nice background information thing for Cloud, but after you alredy know...it just gets boring...

As for the Midgar Zolom's tail flip attack thing...yes, I hate it when the enemies use those kinds of moves. Mainly because there's no way to prevent it. A couple times, when I was fighting in the Battle Square, the Ghost Ship used his move like that before I even got my first turn. Let's just say I wasn't happy out that...

---EDIT---
Oh, and don't forget to get the Choco/Mog summon materia from the chocobo in the pen in the farm.

Lon611
09-01-2004, 10:20 AM
yah, i got the choco/mog materia, but can you believe dat guy wants 2000 gil for chocobo lure?!?!?i had like literally 300 gil :( . well, its okay. i was gonna train neways.....

oooh, and can some1 tell me if i need 2 train tifa???like, i kno i need 2 train her, but do i need 2 train her?lol. can i beat the game if she's at a low level, keep her outta my party?or are there situations where tifa needs to come in handy?thanks.

i love tifa, just not using her.... :mad:

Jolts
09-01-2004, 10:23 AM
There's a part in the Great Glacier where she refuses to not be in your party. That's near the end of disc1.

Lon611
09-01-2004, 10:30 AM
but thats it?like theres no point where id be alone as tifa late in the game or any situation like that?i kno it sounds really lazy, but i have zero intention of training tifa. but if it happens, so-be-it.ooh, another question i wanted answered :chocobo/mog materia has a summon where the chocobo rushes at tha enemies with a mog on his back. but how come occasionally there will be a fat chocobo or god chocobo or something like that. which ones more powerful?and how do i increase the chances of summoning the fat chocobo?than :D x

Jolts
09-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Well, not alone, but she also becomes the leader of the party for a short while, but I don't think you ever fight any boss battles while she's in the lead.

Lon611
09-01-2004, 10:46 AM
ok, thanks. il i needed was some reassurance. sorri tifa. :eek:

and im gonna go2 sleep, but lemme just say dat the world map music is sometimes depressing and moody. geesh. luv it, but....geesh :mad:

Jolts
09-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. That's one reason I use the Gold Chocobo for my main source of transportation, once I breed one. *la, la la la la la la la la--la--laaaaaa*

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, not alone, but she also becomes the leader of the party for a short while, but I don't think you ever fight any boss battles while she's in the lead.

((Lon611 do NOT read the spoilers!)

is Tifa in the party when u battle
Ultima Weapon just before the revelations about Cloud and Tifa's past? .

is she also there when u battle thethe WolfMeister and Eaglegun bosses on the train huge materia part by Barret's home?

EDIT-oh wait...she's Looking after Cloud when hes ill. damn i,m such a fool

Jolts
09-03-2004, 05:23 PM
damn i,m such a fool
Yep :p.

Lon611
09-03-2004, 07:26 PM
ok ok. i did NOT read the spoilers. im guessing its really important and i should just play the freaking game. if its about aeris or something, no need 2 use spoilers. or a bout zack. yah, im horrible at not reading spoilers, but i didn't read ur spoiler aeris.

question that i think i already asked but i can't remember:how long is this if i just wanna finish the game and lvl up 2 level 100?no sidequests (maybe)?i decided 2 lvl up 2 100 even tho i hate lvling up cuz its damn easier than that sphere grid :mad: . still fun tho :D

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 07:48 PM
damn i,m such a fool
Yep :p.

lol, i,m going to go out in the first round of the ffVII challenge thing most likely :( .

well its lv 99 but not that long really if u train in a good area. though if your going to max your lv u may as well do the sidequests too. u could do ALL of them, and still not be max lv. thats my advice anyway.

Jolts
09-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Use EXP Plus materia. It can be bought in Gold Saucer for, I think, 2,000GP.

Lon611
09-03-2004, 08:41 PM
well, im still far from golden saucer. im at junon where that freakshow dolphin attacks. do you guys kno how to get rid of that bubble attack were it slowly decreases your hp?thankx

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Bottomswell the big fish? hmm i cant remember if u can get rid of that...Jolts...any idea?

what lv r u Lon611? i,m just curious because i always found it easy.

P.S-funnily enough, if u had learned Beta from the snake u could probably kill it in one turn :D . but only insane ppl do that?

can u still move when u r in the bubble? is it like the Reno fight?

Lon611
09-03-2004, 08:54 PM
hmm, yes, i don't wanna learn beta from the snake bcuz i would think its insane. extremely kewl, but insane .

uhm, yah, its like the reno fight. you can't move. but i tried attacking the barrier like the reno fight but it doesn't do nething!!!

uhm, cloud and red 13 are at lvl 17 i think. or 16. and barret is one less, so either 16 or 15.

EDIT: im not training tifa becuz i don't feel like it, and im not training aeris becuz....we all kno wat happens. question: when she goes bye bye, do i get 2 keep her weapons and materia, or shud i make sure 2 de-equip those before she leaves?thankx :D

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 09:04 PM
yes u get her items back.

though i would advise u to train her.there is a tough boss later, infact its the hardest boss on disc 1 and Aeris must be in your party. so train her, or at least get her lv2 limit fury brand(or maybe the lv3 limit that makes u invulnerable).

i say this because u r a pretty low level, and i would definitly consider Bottomsawell an easy boss.

i dont really know what to tell u as every time i just like used bolt2/choco mog attacks and it died pretty fast. i guess haste, quick phoenix down use, and limit breaks would be very useful. try looking at gamefaqs 4 a guide if u still cant win.

EDIT-i hope u dont feel i,m insulting u, i,m not! sorry if i came across that way.

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Use magic attacks on the bubbles.

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 09:08 PM
lol, that makes sense. Ultima, how do u remember things like that?

Lon611
09-03-2004, 09:08 PM
oh, ok thankx u guys. but i don't think im at a low level. maybe. ok yes. thankx you guys :D

im gonna change my avatar later cuz for some reason its 2 colorful for my tastes...

EDIT: ok i just used the item that lets you switch party members around and i wanted to make a party with tifa, aeris and red 13 (chocobo/mog) so i could level up, but cloud won't move. does he hav 2 be in my party at all times?

2nd EDIT (LOL): nope, ur not insultin me aeris. its ok :D . i just thot i was at a decent level to be at junon. iuno. the only time i fought that dolphin was after i came from the cave (i didn't use an inn), so i was kinda low on hp/mp. maybe he is easy.....iuno.lemme find out in a cuple minutes after training

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 09:12 PM
well i,m bias about levels really. i mean Cloud was level 31 when i got to Junon. i,m an absolute training nut on ffVII.

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 09:14 PM
lol, that makes sense. Ultima, how do u remember things like that?
Because my memory is perfe... :confused: ... what was I talking about?

Lon611
09-03-2004, 09:16 PM
lol. but how come i can't get cloud outta my freaking party!!!!

yah, lvl 31 is kinda crazy just 2 be at junon. no offense aeris. :D

EDIT:103 posts. whoo hoo :D

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 09:22 PM
lol. my training does pose problems. i mean when u said u were stuck i almost wrote *use Beta or Clouds LV3 Limit Metoerain to kill it instantly* which is hardly helpful.

it also means i have less experience in low level ff playing, which can be a huge hinderance.

p.s- Cloud is the main guy, u must use accept him! lol.

Lon611
09-03-2004, 09:26 PM
lol. thanx aeris. but i don't think i have that limit yet.....lol. :p

but ok, im at junon and i want 2 heal my characters so i can train more......but theres no inn!!!!!how do i heal at this part of the game?!?!some1 plz help

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 09:38 PM
I guess there's a shop. Rigth? 1) Buy tent. 2) use tent. Tadaaa!!! HP and MP recoverd.

Lon611
09-03-2004, 09:42 PM
thanx. good idea Ultima Shadow. i can't believe how newbish that sounds. :D

ok, two questions (sorri if these questions are really newbish, but ive never played ffvii b4) :do i have 2 go 2 dat giant condor place and if its possible, how do i increase my chances of getting fat chocobo?thankx :cool:

EDIT: YAY!!! :p . I got Yuffie :p :p :p

Jolts
09-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Fort Condor has a free INN. All you have to do is agree to help them. You don't even have to partake in any of the mini-game battles there, you just have to agree to (you lyin' sack of potatoes :lol: ). Fort Condor is that rock sticking out of the ground with a giant bird on top of it right outside of the Mythril Mines (the cave you came from the swamp with the snake, Midgar Zolom).

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 09:52 PM
No problem. Everyone have been a newbie. :) Even I!!! :eek: lol. :p

Anyway, no. I don't think you need to do the Fort Condor thing but you'll get a pretty good weapon for RedXII if you do.

The higher your luck stats, the higher is the chanse of getting Fat Chocobo.

Jolts
09-03-2004, 09:55 PM
I always thought Fat Chocobo was just random (about every six or so uses).

Lon611
09-03-2004, 10:27 PM
ok, well thanx u guys. il go train and play 4 a while :p

does ne1 kno the name of the song (on this site) when u fight bosses?

and in ffx, does ne1 kno the name of the song that plays during the fmv "this is it!"

thanx

EDIT:yay, back 2 my good ol' avatar :tongue:

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 11:24 PM
EDIT:yay, back 2 my good ol' avatar :tongue:
Hey, I liked the other one better. Stop that anti-colour atitude. :p lol just kidding.

The name of the boss battle music is: 1-20_Still_More_Fighting. The FFX one, I don't know.

Lon611
09-03-2004, 11:28 PM
im not anti-color, color is anti-me!!!!lol :D the celes avatar was just too colorful for me. it made me feel freakishly happy so i had 2 stop, lol.

thankx ultima shadow.

Jolts
09-03-2004, 11:49 PM
I tried to use the animated GIF in my signature (the Gohan one) as my avatar, but they wouldn't let me. So, I just put it in my siggie (it meets all the requirements).

Also, I'd suggest teaching Aeris her "Great Gospel" limit, just to see it. It's pretty awesome (too bad she...well...you know).

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 11:51 PM
yeah her lv4 limit is well worth getting...just so u can laugh at Red Dragon and Demons gate.

Lon611
09-11-2004, 08:02 PM
ok, so im at the town after mt. corel right before the golden saucer and i was leveling up my characters (im at lvl 22 right now) and i was gonna train aeris, tifa, and yuffie. well, when i used the phs, they were stronger than last time i used them, and i didn't even train them!!!i've never used yuffie, and when i got her, she was lvl 17, and now she's at lvl 19. same with tifa and aeris. both were at 16 when i lvld up last, now they're at 17. does the game make the characters you don't use proportional to the characters in your party?

Jolts
09-12-2004, 06:01 AM
All characters not in your party get a portion of the EXP you gain, yes, but it's a pretty small percentage (no more that 25%). Some people might tell you they have to be KOed first, but they're idiots (not really, but they are wrong). However, if a KOed character not in your party levels up, they magically come back to life :D.

Lon611
09-12-2004, 06:06 AM
hmm, thats pretty nifty. i wish some other games were like that *sighs*. thanks jolts

Lon611
09-18-2004, 04:02 AM
is it possible to get rid of abilities on weapons in ffx?

just thot id ask

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 04:19 AM
no i dont think it is unfornately. however beware of double posting...or the mod whores will get u :D

Lon611
09-18-2004, 04:25 AM
i 4got i made the last post, then i posted that one a couple days later. i don't think il get thrown in the dungeon 4 that *looks around*.

oooh, does the don tonberry trick work with ne other superboss?bcuz im tired of having 2 flee when he gets 2 close.....or do they all have some disadvantage?

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 04:34 AM
well yeah u can use the trick on other bosses...just nothing is as as fast as using it on don tonberry :D .

beware of the mod whores, they will throw away the key 4 far less offenses then double posts :eek:

Lon611
09-25-2004, 04:43 PM
ohk, well i just read on a website that the stats for nemesis in the International and US Version are different. in the International, his stats on average are aobut 85, while the stats for nemesis in the US version are either maxed at 255 or close. has ne1 beaten nemesis in the US version?if so, how was it?

Jolts
09-26-2004, 09:01 AM
I beat the US Nemesis. It was difficult, 'cause I was never good enough to get some of the ultimate weapons completely unlocked, so I didn't use them. Instead, I just kept double-casting Drain, each doing around 10,000-11,000 damage with Lulu, then keeping everyone in a constant Auto-Life with Yuna, and also using those "Use" items that let you cast magic for free or 1MP (if necessary).

However, I must confess, I used a CodeBreaker to have infinite of all items (never beat Nemesis on my cheatless file before it got deleted...).

aeris2001x2
09-27-2004, 05:54 PM
ohk, well i just read on a website that the stats for nemesis in the International and US Version are different. in the International, his stats on average are aobut 85, while the stats for nemesis in the US version are either maxed at 255 or close. has ne1 beaten nemesis in the US version?if so, how was it?

not too sure about that. but it does not make him any harder. simply because the celestial weapons ignore Nemesis's defense, and the only move that is dangerous is Armageddon, which always does 99,999 hp.

i wonder if that is true?

Lon611
09-28-2004, 12:51 AM
according to http://www.square-central.com/ff10/monster_nemesis.shtml the stats are signifcantly different. :D tell me what you think

aeris2001x2
09-28-2004, 05:46 AM
i personally think it is wrong. his attacks and speed are way higher thaen they claim in my version. i mean his attacks still break 9999 hp, even when i,m max stats. without my max stats he does like 99999 per hit.

that is a load of crap me thinks.

Ultima Shadow
09-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Yea, it's way wrong. Nemesis HP is 8,000,000... Not 10,000,000!!!
And his accuracy could impossibly be that low since he ALWAYS hit you with his psycichal attacks even if your character have 255 Evade.

Edit: just noticed that this should be in the FFX forum...

Lon611
09-28-2004, 10:32 PM
thanks you guys

Blue Typhoon
09-29-2004, 02:50 AM
I was just going 2 say, isn't Nemesis in FF-X? O well, nvm.

Lon611
09-29-2004, 03:26 AM
yes he is, but if you read the thread, it slowly transforms from the weak ffvii thread to the dominating ffx thread :p

hey, have/are the camera angles of FFVII getting 2 you guys?they started 2 piss me off way back in midgar, but now...

Blue Typhoon
09-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Are you new to the game? Mwahahaha...n00b!!!

Just kidding!!! Don't worry about it!!!

I only think they're annoying when you can't see where you're going. For example, I'm on my second playthrough, on the ship going to the next continent. However, someone is standing in my path on the boat to the deck, and I cannot get around him!!!! He won't move no matter what... so I've been reseting again and again trying to make him work. I've probably talked to him about 10 times already, and nothing ever changes...its kind of frustrating. Just a little...

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!
*breaks something*

I'm ok now.^_^;

Lon611
09-30-2004, 12:28 AM
i kno where ur at. you're supposed to do something to get him outta the way, but i 4got...i think you needa talk 2 every1 or go down below and do something....im not sure