PDA

View Full Version : AC forum

omnislasher
08-21-2004, 06:38 AM
I wrote in the ff7 forum asking about a forum for AC, and I got shut down pretty quickly. but I think that it would be a good idea. I could understand not having a forum for tsw because not a lot of people liked that movie, but I did, and there are plenty who do. and its a pain in the ass to find new info on AC. I just think it'd be better to make a forum for at least AC. and besides, it'd take you guys like what, 20 minutes or somethin to set it up, right? comaaaaan.

TheAbominatrix
08-21-2004, 06:40 AM
We do have a forum for TSW.

omnislasher
08-21-2004, 06:46 AM
I just went there and it wasnt a link, it was just text. but I'm talkin about AC. thats all I really care about.

TheAbominatrix
08-21-2004, 06:48 AM
It's a link, it's merged with the Video Game Music forum. The reason it doesnt have it's own is because it wouldnt get too much traffic.

Last time this was brought up, the answer was no, and the reason was that AC goes just fine in the FFVII forum. It's really not hard to find info, almost every FF and RPG site on the web regularily posts news about AC.

Del Murder
08-21-2004, 06:52 AM
I think a subforum for AC might be a good idea, because we get a lot of topics on it in FFVII, which is a pretty active forum already, but a forum of it's own is a no go.

However, subforums look ugly. Besides Linkshell (which should be removed but nobody listens to me), and the various Archives (but they don't count) we don't have any other subforums, and everything is nice and ordered that way. So I say leave it as it is.

escobert
08-21-2004, 07:00 AM
We have sub forums in the EoFF world forum :p

Del Murder
08-21-2004, 07:08 AM
I pretend that fourm doesn't exist.

Yamaneko
08-21-2004, 07:29 AM
If it took 20 minutes to setup a forum I don't think the admins would ever setup a forum. :p

Anyway, I say no because I think it'll die quickly.

crono_logical
08-21-2004, 11:53 AM
More like 2 minutes, including slow loading times etc. due to a crappy connection :p

I don't care really about AC that much :p I wouldn't mind making a subforum at most if enough people want it (nor do I think subforums are that ugly), but I don't see it being that active a few months after the movie is out, for example. Seems fine mixed with FF7 as it is :p

eternalshiva
08-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Once the movie's out, that forum would die out. Better to keep it in FFVII since it IS FFVII xD

escobert
08-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Nooooooo! We NEED a forums now :p

-N-
08-21-2004, 10:21 PM
We have sub forums in the EoFF world forum :p
I pretend that fourm doesn't exist.
:exdee:

Dr Unne
08-22-2004, 03:50 AM
Change the Music/TSW forum to Music/Movies forum would be my suggestion. And it still won't get any traffic, because no one cares. We had a TSW forum and it died really quickly.

Del Murder
08-22-2004, 04:00 AM
Music gets more traffic than FFV, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Crystal Cronicles...

Shlup
08-22-2004, 04:17 AM
I think last time this was brought up some people insisted that the Music/TSW forum be changed to the Music/Movies forum and others insisted on AC getting a subforum in FFVII and so it kind of faded away.

I vote Music/TSW -> Music/Movies.

Yamaneko
08-22-2004, 06:42 AM
Let's have one big forum and have Unne mod it.

crono_logical
08-22-2004, 11:21 AM
With all the subforums, isn't that EoFF? :monster:

Citizen Bleys
08-24-2004, 03:17 PM
An Air Conditioning forum?

In that case, I want an ED forum -- Explosive Diarrhea.

And a forum for whining about stupid people at work.

EDIT: And one for harassing Unne.

m4tt
08-24-2004, 03:47 PM
And a forum for whining about stupid people at work.

I would post in there all the time!

escobert
08-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Me too :p damn people at work

Citizen Bleys
08-25-2004, 03:01 AM
So the motion has been seconded and carried. I expect to see my new forum tomorrow morning.

escobert
08-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Or I'll hunt you down and pie on your door Archie!

-N-
08-25-2004, 05:46 AM
Can I have a Reasons to Ban Neel forum? I hate that guy. :p

But seriously, I don't think AC needs it's own subforum.

Psychotic
08-25-2004, 06:30 PM
EDIT: And one for harassing Unne.

Isn't that this forum? I'm sure he considers all these suggestions by people as sexual harassment or something weird like that.

Citizen Bleys
08-27-2004, 01:59 AM
Can never have too much Unne-harassing.

Carnage
08-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Why not just make TSW a Square movies forum?? No one likes TSW anyway.

Del Murder
08-27-2004, 02:48 AM
I agree, but how many movies are there? I only know of TSW and AC. AC should stay in FFVII, so that leaves one movie to be in the 'movies' forum. Should just be 'Video Game Music Forum', but that would take it out of the Square boards where it belongs. There's got to be a logical solution.

Carnage
08-27-2004, 03:11 AM
Theres only TSW and AC will be relead soon. I agree with farah it will get really active right before its released the it will slowly wither away.

TheAbominatrix
08-27-2004, 03:14 AM
The closest things to movies aside from AC and TSW are the two anime series, and those wouldnt get much traffic either.

Dr Unne
08-27-2004, 03:24 AM
Change the Music/TSW forum to Music/Movies forum would be my suggestion.

Is there any reason NOT to do this? If not, I'll do it, and AC can go in there.

How much can you possibly talk about a movie? I'd guess a few threads. "This movie will suck", "This movie will be great", and later, "This movie sucks", "This movie is great", and maybe "Let's talk about the plot" or something. And in a few months no one will talk about it at all. Those few threads can live wherever, doesn't really matter to me. But I'd rather in a movie forum rather than a gaming forum. Two completely different things.

Del Murder
08-27-2004, 04:01 AM
AC is a direct sequel to the game, and it just feels right to discuss it with the game. I say do it anyway, though, just to get that TSW title out of there.

edczxcvbnm
08-27-2004, 05:57 AM
I have a question. Because the movie is being shown soon in Europe someplace, I am willing to bet that it will leak and there will be a subbed Bit Torrent of it out with in a week. If it happens can we post a link to the Torrent or how about just the site?

crono_logical
08-31-2004, 12:28 AM
I'd prefer to get the raw instead :p Dunno about posting links though - if we know Square will never translate it, then I don't see a problem with links to subbed copies, but I don't know about rest of the staff :p

edczxcvbnm
08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Who knows if it is even going to be in Japanese. It is being shown in Europe after all. Maybe it will have subtitles? If it is done it also really makes you wonder what the hold up is.

We will see if it even happens. I bet they are going to try and keep in underwraps and highly unaccessible but even if someone has a camera and records it at an angle...Its still a copy and everything. I would prefer the DVD come out but appearantly they are being lazy :D

Loony BoB
08-31-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm sure one of the AC trailers I downloaded involved English voices... at least the narrator (EDIT: Yeah, the second trailer does). Either way, if they're going to have narrative in English, why not have an English translation? Why else would they even bother having the showing in Europe?

edczxcvbnm
08-31-2004, 07:42 PM
I am pretty sure it is at a film festival and if people think it is really good then it will get exposed to people outside of the videogame community.