Chris
08-21-2004, 08:38 PM
http://www.fffanatics.net/images/ffix.jpg
"Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark
For traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart
To weave by picking up the pieces that remain
Melodies of life--love's lost refrain"

Story
Queen Brahne of Alexandria is using highly advanced magic to gain control over the continent of Gaia. The queen is a power sick dame who bears no same of redemption, her daughter princess Garnet is tired of her four sided way of living, she decides to run away but only to be kidnapped by a gang of theifs, the leader of the team is Zidane Tribal, a loyal companion to his freinds who seeks a deeper meaning to it all, but even though he tries to kidnap the princess he gets the surprice of his life when Garnet pleads him to kidnap her...And so their journey begins, can Zidane and his many companions stop the evil queens reign before its all to late? Is Brahne actually the true villain? will Zidane figure out the true meaning of his excistence? join 'em now and get the adventure of your life...with Final Fantasy IX.
Rate: 4.0/ 5.0

"Our paths they did cross, though I cannot say just why
We met, we laughed, we held on fast, and then we said goodbye
And who'll hear the echoes of stories never told?
Let them ring out loud till they unfold"
In my dearest memories, I see you reaching out to me
Though you're gone, I still believe that you can call out my name"

http://www.itportal.it/games/psx/avv/ff9/FDSAFDS.jpg
She's a pretty gal that Garnet...

Graphics
After the groundbreaking graphics of Final Fantasy VIII one thought that it couldn't possibly get any better, but they're wrong. From the opening scene with the Theatre Ship comes passing through the Alexandrian skies to the perhaps best ending ever the purity of Final Fantasy IX will amaze you in every way possible. The in-battle graphics however are not the finest, the characters are
a bit blurry but the magic spells effects are stunning. The eidolons "summons" are all very amazing, especially the summons "Ark" and "Madeen". The hand drawned rendered backgrounds are perhaps some of the finest seen on todays playstation, simply amazing.
Rate: 5.0/ 5.0

"A voice from the past, joining yours and mine
Adding up the layers of harmony
And so it goes, on and on
Melodies of life,
To the sky beyond the flying birds--forever and beyond"

http://bishounen.info/kuja/kuja01.jpg
A man or a woman? don't know you tell me

"So far and away, see the birds as it flies by
Gliding through the shadows of the clouds up in the sky
I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings
In your dearest memories, do you remember loving me?
Was it fate that brought us close and now leave me behind"?

Music / Sound
As always the music in Final Fantasy IX is captivating, atsmospheric and everything in between. The music captures the moments perfect, especially "Garnets" theme song is exceptionally mastered and You even get to hear the song she keeps hummin' throughout the whole game, "Melodies of Life" is amazing. There's many great themes in Final Fantasy IX, for example the many town themes such as the themes of "Lindblum" and my absolute favorite the theme from "Dali". Nobuo Uematsu is the greatest composer in the game business today and he has been for over 15 years now.
Rate: 4.5/ 5.0

"A voice from the past, joining yours and mine
Adding up the layers of harmony
And so it goes, on and on
Melodies of life,
To the sky beyond the flying birds--forever and beyond"

http://www.animetheme.com/ff9/opening.jpg
Melodies of life

Gameplay
Simple, after the rather annoying "junction" system of Final Fantasy VIII Square soft has created an entirely new system. The characters can acquire new abilities through weapons and armory, when the "ability" is learned you can activate it by tapping on the magic stones you see at the ability section, every character has its own abilities for example, Zidane is a thief, Steiner a fighter, Garnet a white mage and Vivi is a black mage, Eiko another white mage, Freya a dragoon, Quina a blue magic user and Amarant a monk/ninja.
Rate: 4.5/ 5.0

"If I should leave this lonely world behind
Your voice will still remember our melody
Now I know we'll carry on
Melodies of life
Come circle round and grow deep in our hearts
As long as we remember"

Be sure to check out my editors choice winning reviews here:
www.gamersunderground.com (look for the name, reno).

-N-
08-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks? :p [ / spam ]

Trumpet Thief
08-31-2004, 12:33 AM
chaos: Err, if you want, you could put this in the Site Staff section, if you want it put up on the main site.

Rubedo: Or, if you just want everyone to see it, then I guess you did a pretty good job on your review. Kudos!

Lon611
08-31-2004, 03:47 AM
i don't mean 2 knit pick, bcuz i love the fact that you put a gr8 amount of energy into it, but i believe gaia is not a continent as it is the planet's name. if you did mean this, then you need to clean up the ambiguity(?) on it. :D besides that, gr8 job :D

one quick question tho:if your not planning 2 post it on this site, why review ffix while a bjillion ppl already kno?im not trying 2 sound ungrateful of your post, but it strikes me as a strange thing 2 do out of boredom, lol :rolleyes2

chaos~odin
01-24-2005, 12:45 PM
i think you forgot to put that garnet and eiko are also summoners

Dark Matter
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
ahh, you should rate the story, music, and gameplay as 5.0/5.0!
That's all.

And, please include Bitter Sweet Romance in the game music review, because I love it. :love: