PDA

View Full Version : >> Suikoden IV Release Date Announced..

black orb
08-21-2004, 10:04 PM
>>> Yeah, important news..
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2004/082004a.html

-N-
08-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Interesting. *scrambles to get copies of I-III*

Erdrick Holmes
08-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Well I gotta play 3 first.

black orb
08-22-2004, 01:11 AM
>>> I got 1 & 2 like a month ago and finally Suikoden 3 today.. *perfect happiness*

Black Mage
08-22-2004, 01:30 AM
I played and beat all three of 'em about 2 months ago, though I only own I and III.

I don't know how you managed to get your hands on II, but I'm insanely jealous, Black Orb. :S

I've been awaiting IV for some time now, and though I thought its date was in November, I'm slightly relieved that I'll have some more time to replenish my funds after Phantom Brave/Star Ocean III/Leaf Green/Isuka/FFXII.

Of course, I'd pick IV over anyone of the games I've just mentioned. Suikoden is definitely my favorite series of games, and I can't wait to see how IV turned out.

lockeIX
08-22-2004, 03:50 AM
I've never played any of them, but I've heard so much about them. I'm about to get either I or III, but I have a few questions (sorry if this is sorta off topic, but I didn't think starting a new thread was necessary).

1. Should I play them in order? Or are they like the FFs?

2. WHy the hell does II cost so much? I heard it was one of the the best games ever, but I can find Suikoden I for around $40, while II is in the hundreds. Is is really rare or something?

Black Mage
08-22-2004, 04:05 AM
1) While you don't need to play them in order, as they each have a unique storyline, I found that playing them in order is best, as you gain knowledge of reoccuring characters, and their backgrounds, as well as hints to the last game. Moreso in I and II, than in III, but III still has some references to both of the others.

2) Yes, II is claimed by many to be the best game ever, though I like I better, myself. Anyway, I'm to understand II had such a limited print run, resulting in there being an exceptionally small number of games released. Thus, its popularity, in conjunction with the limited number have caused it to be virtually impossible to find. This is why I'm insanely jealous that Black Orb found a copy. :P

black orb
08-22-2004, 04:14 AM
>>> You can find whatever you want on ebay. :D
About Suikoden 2, yeah I`ve heard is kind of rare but I dont know why, the game was released on US and It wasnt a limited/special edition. I guess..
I quit playing Suikoden 2 and I started 1, so I havent beat any of them yet..

Doomgaze
08-22-2004, 05:54 AM
II is the best because it has Gabocha.

http://www.konami.co.jp/th/suiko/gallery/vol03/img/162.jpg