PDA

View Full Version : Nifty little Morph trick

-N-
08-22-2004, 04:08 AM
I was just fighting Chadarnook with Terra in my party, and had her use the Morph command. While morphed, Chadarnook cast Sleep on her and she fell asleep. Her green Morph bar continued to drain, eventually reached zero, and turned back into her normal ATB bar. When she woke up, she was still in Morph state, and her magic still kept doing double damage! Permanently! Crazy!

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-22-2004, 04:13 AM
Now that IS an interesting little glitch. It can be used to devastating effect if one plans appropriately, I must say.

DJZen
08-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Did it last into the next fight?

-N-
08-22-2004, 07:45 PM
No, it didn't. :( Terra starts out every battle non-morphed, so I assume the battle programmers reset her Morph status to off at the beginning of each battle. I still don't know how they could have overlooked this, though...

Flying Mullet
08-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Hmm, I wonder if you put Terra to sleep yourself if that trick will work?

Triple T
08-23-2004, 07:14 PM
I was just fighting Chadarnook with Terra in my party, and had her use the Morph command. While morphed, Chadarnook cast Sleep on her and she fell asleep. Her green Morph bar continued to drain, eventually reached zero, and turned back into her normal ATB bar. When she woke up, she was still in Morph state, and her magic still kept doing double damage! Permanently! Crazy!

Yeah, I've tried that too and it worked, but I thought I was going crazy. :p But it only worked when Chadarnook used sleep on her...