PDA

View Full Version : need help, just started

morpheus
08-22-2004, 11:32 AM
...so this message is the confirmation of me being a PC gaming n00b but I need help or I'm not going to enjoy the game...

So, everything's set-up, im logged in and i've watched the intro movie...how do i move? everytime i type in the commands the manual says to use, it brings up the chat bar

i havent played online games before, im used to my ps2, please help!

Rostum
08-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Have you actualy read the manual? If you have used a computer at least once in your life you'll be able to understand the manual.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-22-2004, 01:42 PM
you know the numeric keypad at the far right of the keyboard (it has arrows and numbers)

8 = up
6= right
2= down
4= left

and oracle is right, READ THE MANUAL

Benaresu
08-22-2004, 02:11 PM
You can also move using the mouse, which how I first started out ( I use the numeric pad now ), by just clicking the left mouse button and moving the mouse in the direction you want to go.

morpheus
08-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Sorry I had you guys waste your time helping me out, but I appreciate it just the same.

Rostum
08-23-2004, 09:49 AM
You could also just fiddle with the controls, that's probably the best way to get a feel of the game. Use keyboard though, the mouse is horrible to use. ^^ Goodluck and have fun!

morpheus
08-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Its just that im on my new laptop so I dont have a separate numeric pad and im not used to it yet. Thanks all for the advice

haha, i just switched the config to compact keyboard :rolleyes2 thanks again

Ichy
08-25-2004, 04:58 AM
You found it before I said it :) -> Use the compact keyboard, it uses all the standard controls you'll find on the vast majority of PC games. And yeah, I agree with Omecle, too. Mouse stinks for this game, I stop using mine as soon as I've double clicked the PlayOnline Icon on my desktop ;)