PDA

View Full Version : Dark Matter?

Armisael
08-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey guys do you know where can i find Dark Matter items?(except from killing Battle Arena creatures and Dark Aeons?)

-N-
08-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Except for those? Nowhere, unless capturing 5 of every monster doesn't count as the Battle Arena (you get 99).

Lon611
08-22-2004, 09:40 PM
nope. i was wondering the same thing, till kottos (super boss at the monster arena) dropped 2 of em after i dismantled him :D . i don't know what you can get by using them 2 equip 2 a weapon, but in battle they're pretty useless becuz aeons can do like 99,999 damage neway. even my characters can break the 9999 limit. dark matter is just like casting ultima. it does about 15,000 2 each monster. don't waste ur time unless there's something im missing abuot equiping them 2 a weapon?

Armisael
08-22-2004, 10:01 PM
I cannot do this thing with the thunders to get the final weapon for lulu,so i want to make a very good for her which has the ability of "breaking damage limit" and this requires a lot of dark matters.

Lon611
08-22-2004, 10:17 PM
well, it's mighty admirable of you, but if you want the onion knight to have break damage limit for the aeon (forgot which 1 it effects), then u only need the celestial weapon (i think). but if u want lulu 2 actually break damage limit, then i suggest collecting either 5 of every monster (not sure if it'l work, according 2 the other guy's post), or pray that ull get lucky with the lighting doder mini game. hope i helped a little

:meditate:

Ultima Shadow
08-22-2004, 11:16 PM
You can bribe a Land Worm whitch can be found somewhere inside sin for 2 dark matters... but that will cost you 1,600,000 gil. So... you'll have to pay alot if you want 60... also, I think you can win dark matters in the Blitzball game.

Armisael
08-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Alright thanks guys.

dman
08-23-2004, 12:06 PM
But keep in mind that customised weapons will never be as good as the celestial ones, even if their abilities are identical. Celestial weapons ignore defence and normally do 99999 dmg. Customised weapons behave like normal weapons, and you'll only be doing about 20000 dmg on the likes of the Dark Aeons.

Armisael
08-23-2004, 01:49 PM
But keep in mind that customised weapons will never be as good as the celestial ones, even if their abilities are identical. Celestial weapons ignore defence and normally do 99999 dmg. Customised weapons behave like normal weapons, and you'll only be doing about 20000 dmg on the likes of the Dark Aeons.
I know. :shame: But i have not another choice,it's so difficult this task with the thunders. :mad: I guess it's better from nothing.

Kuja
08-23-2004, 02:07 PM
then i'd prefer dodging lightings then fight those monsters...

just take a little break after 20 dodgings, and it's kinda easy...

Ultima Shadow
08-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Why don't you just use another character? And why do you want Lulu to break the dammage limmit so badly?

Armisael
08-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Why don't you just use another character? And why do you want Lulu to break the dammage limmit so badly?
Well i can't see Lulu using the "flare" for example and doing 9999damage only.If it can do 30000-40000 why not to try it?

Ultima Shadow
08-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, the other characters can also learn Flare (and all the other black magics).
Sorry, if you like Lulu alot, then ofcourse you should use her.

Anyway, why don't you figth in the battle arena? That's a pretty good way to get Dark Matters.

black orb
08-24-2004, 01:49 AM
>>> I customized every characters` weapons with break damage limit, and for me It was more easy than searching for the celestial weapons.. I think it was luck or maybe just a glitch but sometimes Cactuar King dropped Dark Matters like mad, make sure to overkill him in every battle so you can get item x2..
Cactuar wont dodge overdrives and has crappy HP so just hit him with some 9999 damage first and then use Blitz Ace + 9999 damage in each hit and youre done, if you are skilled with Wakka`s attack reels much better..

Armisael
08-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Well, the other characters can also learn Flare (and all the other black magics).
Sorry, if you like Lulu alot, then ofcourse you should use her.

Anyway, why don't you figth in the battle arena? That's a pretty good way to get Dark Matters.
I know the other characters can learn too flare(this was just an example),but like you said i like lulu a lot and i want to use her.Anyways thanks for the advices all of you.

aeris2001x2
08-24-2004, 10:09 AM
honestly, do the lighting thing. its far less time consuming. u want 2 save your Dark matters 2 get get yourself Ribbons, though i guess u could beat the weaker dark Aeons and reset till u win an item with Ribbon.

Ultima Shadow
08-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Well, if you've been walking around in thunder plains alot and got hit by 300+ thunders and only been avoiding 8 or something... then I'm not to sure if that really is less time consuming.

aeris2001x2
08-24-2004, 02:19 PM
dodgeing lighting is so over rated in hardness. after a bit of practise u can easily dodge the 200 u need. creating a weapon for Lulu is so much longer...and, as already mentioned, still much worse then the celestial weapon.

p.s-i have all the celestial weapons...yes i,m sad :)

Armisael
08-24-2004, 02:27 PM
dodgeing lighting is so over rated in hardness. after a bit of practise u can easily dodge the 200 u need. creating a weapon for Lulu is so much longer...and, as already mentioned, still much worse then the celestial weapon.
If you'll see the button x on my joystick,you'll cry.

aeris2001x2
08-24-2004, 02:36 PM
oh is your X button broken or sumthin? :(

Armisael
08-24-2004, 03:31 PM
oh is your X button broken or sumthin? :(
Somehow that's why i can't avoid the thunders easily,i push it and nothing and plus the same with o sometimes.I guess i'll have to buy a new one.(i'm never gonna buy the KH :shame: )

adlaiff6
08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
Lulu isn't really that good of a character. My main team is Auron, Yuna, and Rikku, all with celestials. Those three all have fairly easily obtainable sigils (especially Yuna) and with Yuna's Nirvana (one mp cost) and flare or ultima and doublecast, she can pretty much kill anything. Depending on the enemy, holy sometimes does more damage than a doublecasted ultima! My holy usually does around 70000, or for ultimas, around 33000 each. Also, I don't see why Yojimbo is that good. I usually use Anima, and since it has haste, and a regular attack of 99999, I can pretty much just own anything in the way. I have the NA version, of course, so no Dark Aeons. And can someone please tell me how kimahri is useful in any way.

Ultima Shadow
08-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Vincent Valentine in FFVII is far from the most powerfull character (but still good enough) but I always use him all the time. In FFVI, I use Shadow as much as possible and I always give him the best equipment and all that stuff. My choise of character doesn't depend on how strong they are, but how much I like them. I love Shadow and Vincent, therefore I always use them.

And Yojimbo is very usefull because of his extremely high evade.

Kimarhis Migthy Guard, Wite Wind and Bad Breath is usefull before you became all migthy.
(hmm... Kimari could learn Bad Breath, rigth?)

Armisael
08-26-2004, 02:58 PM
My choise of character doesn't depend on how strong they are, but how much I like them.
Pretty similar situation,i try to make the characters i like as strong as i can-and Lulu and Kimahri are not that weak characters they have a lot of useful abilities-
And Yojimbo if you are lucky he's the most powerful because of Zanmato.Really has someone made Yojimbo to use Zanmato in Dark Aeons?

Ultima Shadow
08-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Yea, that's why I level Shadow to 99 while I let all the others stay at 40-50. :p

From what I've heard it seems like most people beat the Dark Aeons by using Zanmato. However, I think it's cheap to use Zanmato on bosses. Anyway, Zanmato doesn't only depend on luck. I think there's some tread around here that explains what to do to make him use Zanmato more often.

NightfallInfernal
08-26-2004, 06:21 PM
can't you get dark matter from getting first in blitz ball?

Yevonite
08-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Getting Dark Matters in Blitzball is the most boring way of getting them, i think. I played ffx for about 200 hours already and made for all characters the "best" armours, i mean with curseproof, deathproof, ribbon(i play PAL version) and break HP limit. All this abilities except deathproof(if i am wright), you can get battling Dark Youjimbo constantly. Meaning, kill him 4 times, then save then restart. 50 % chance that hr will drop armour with ribbon, and other three slots free. Again, it for diehard players only, cause after getting 99x Dark Matters after opening Ultima Buster, i killed "very many" monsters in monster arena to make 600x Dark Matter at all. Also you can kill Penance arms constantly, and then flee. Every arm if overkilled gives you 2x DM as common item. At the times of my second walkthrough i Zanmato'ed DShiva to get Destruction Sphere i missed earlier. As for DValefor, Bahamut couse of upgrade for Tidus. But at my third wlkth i killed all dark Aeons fairly. This was much more interesting, not saying about Penance, who took me about an hour of so. I killed DYojimbo for about 40 times to get good armours. By the way all my stats now are at 255 except luck(125 or so), cause of that damn earth eater who gives only 2 fortune spheres. (I mean its to boring to kill him). Avoiding thunders was really piece a cake for me, i just stood a little north of travel agency, where the two bolt zone.

Lord Xehanort
08-27-2004, 10:06 PM
I realized how hard Lulu's sigil was, so I just started powering up Yuna like there's no tomorrow. It's actually doubly good, since all the Aeons' stats are directly related to Yuna's. Now I have Ifrit (never use cuz he can't break 9999), Ixion (never use cuz he can't break 9999), Yojimbo, Bahamut, Anima, and the Magus Sisters at 255 Defense. Yojimbo, Bahamut, Anima, Cindy and Sandy at 255 Strength, Sandy at 255 Magic Defense, and Yojimbo at 255 Evasion. Even though Mindy has low Attack power, her Passado still does 25,000 per hit, and hits about 15 or 17 times... that's 375,000 or 425,000!